Signings and Departures - Cardiff Devils 2011/12

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASHIPP

With this week's speculation about one of our players leaving for another club, now would be a very appropriate time for the Club to make another import signing announcement for our roster......this would be a real boost to season ticket sales. :? :)

Ger-Devils

No signing announced today? Would expect some news with it being deadline day on season tickets but not even a mention of this on the website either!

I know there was an update on the 23rd but it's 8 days later. Surely something would have been put up?

Ger-Devils said:
No signing announced today? Would expect some news with it being deadline day on season tickets but not even a mention of this on the website either!

I know there was an update on the 23rd but it's 8 days later. Surely something would have been put up?
They've now put something up. No new signings though...

Ger-Devils

Devilsmania said:
Ger-Devils said:

They've now put something up. No new signings though...
I did see. I can understand the time it could take to actually sign the whole team up this year due to CHL/ECHL rumours of teams leaving etc but would have thought a returning player would be announced today seeing it's a ST deadline?

voth26

yep very quiet on signing front just read g still in talks with pelle and mcrae, no mention of vother,max etc
have a feeling we wont be seeing the vother in a devils shirt this season (really would like to so sign if your reading this forum mr voth :lol: :lol: )
going by g's comments seems he's looking at quite a few new players for this season depending on other peoples decision's ;) ;)

ASHIPP

voth26 said:
yep very quiet on signing front just read g still in talks with pelle and mcrae, no mention of vother,max etc
have a feeling we wont be seeing the vother in a devils shirt this season (really would like to so sign if your reading this forum mr voth :lol: :lol: )
going by g's comments seems he's looking at quite a few new players for this season depending on other peoples decision's ;) ;)
Sounds like it's crunch time this week and let's hope it's good news. :shock: June 1st tomorrow - start of a new month, the sun is shining.....hope for a great announcement later this week, or am I just dreaming? :?

rocketbob

voth26 said:
I also have a feeling that Mr. Voth won't be returning next year. Has anyone else noticed that the pictures that they have on their DevilsTV youtube page only has players that are now signed? Brad is no longer on it....... I really hope this is me being paranoid and Brad does sign for another season.

Finny

I must be in the minority here, but I would much rather Adams take his time to make the right signings rather than rushing in and making a panic signing just because there is a season ticket deadline tomorrow. :?

REALLY hope that Mr.Voth signs for us nest season, has a horrible feeling he wont, but who knows, might want to stay just one more season, so he can get the send-off he deserves :( :( !

voth26

Finny said:
I must be in the minority here, but I would much rather Adams take his time to make the right signings rather than rushing in and making a panic signing just because there is a season ticket deadline tomorrow. :?
I would prefer g take his time as well and not rush in a panic signing, my point was there has been little or no speculation with regards to brad or some of the other players ie max, symmo etc
so may be voth has called it a day on his devils career or he's hiding in the wings like a sneaky devil (sorry about the pun lol) waiting to be announced who knows but time will tell and i trust g/franny to give us a team to be proud of come the start of the season

VOTH'1230 said:
REALLY hope that Mr.Voth signs for us nest season, has a horrible feeling he wont, but who knows, might want to stay just one more season, so he can get the send-off he deserves :( :( !
IF my missus wouldn't murder me I'd bet my house on Brad coming back this season, it will be his last I think but then again he might get a testimonial if he signs a 2 year deal. Also his wife is a skating instructor here so it's not like she's back home nagging him or here board and doesn't know anyone. Just my thoughts

I think something drastic needs to change.

We have no new signings to date and have very little re-signings. The big teams around the league are all signing new players (for example Nottingham signing Benedict today), so why aren't we? We like to consider our selves a top team which we are but start to secure some things surely?

The Cardiff Devils are in a similar position to Cardiff City Football Club. Cardiff City have been at the top of the league and made the playoffs but have fallen at the last hurdle. Well aren't we the same finishing joint top last season and reaching the final of the playoff to loose the past two years.
Cardiff City sacked Dave Jones as manager as they feel that he has taken them as far as he can.

Are we in the same situation??

Its all well getting to finals etc. but for the club to be succesfull we need to start winning these finals.

Something needs to change. :!:

Finny

That's assuming that sacking Dave Jones was the right thing to do. I'm still yet to be convinced it was.

Plus as we have pointed out in another thread, only Nottingham are anywhere near finishing their roster. It's June and we still have 2 and a half months left!

voth26

Lp 1 said:
I think something drastic needs to change.

We have no new signings to date and have very little re-signings. The big teams around the league are all signing new players (for example Nottingham signing Benedict today), so why aren't we? We like to consider our selves a top team which we are but start to secure some things surely?

The Cardiff Devils are in a similar position to Cardiff City Football Club. Cardiff City have been at the top of the league and made the playoffs but have fallen at the last hurdle. Well aren't we the same finishing joint top last season and reaching the final of the playoff to loose the past two years.
Cardiff City sacked Dave Jones as manager as they feel that he has taken them as far as he can.

Are we in the same situation??

Its all well getting to finals etc. but for the club to be succesfull we need to start winning these finals.

Something needs to change. :!:
Thats a good positive post!!! not, it always amazes me that if a team doesnt win silverware then the answer seems to be sack the coach, players have a masive responsibility as well dont forget. it's just in to June we have signed our brits and some imports ie smith bro's and G I would be concerned if we hadnt got a team come August but cant see that happening have some faith G and franny will give us a team to be proud of

A

Anonymous

LP1. i agree with your post,

Voth26. we all know and even G knows if nothing is won it is his responsibility,
thats what being a manager is all about,

I am an arsenal fan and i love the way we play but if we dont win trophys then get rid of wenger,
6 years without a trophy is bad for such a big club,

Same for adams, big club and a great style of play, but over the years we win nothing,
so i say if we dont this season get rid, :)

Changing the coach, manager generally changes a teams style of play.. If I witness the same quality of last years team and don't win anything, yes I'll be disappointed. No, I won't be calling for the coach to go as I'm enjoying the hockey that I'm seeing. Whereas if we brought dump and chase hockey back and didn't win anything then I would be slightly concerned.

Also you have to remember that we were competing among those who the wage cap wasn't.. erm.. as strictly enforced upon ;)

Finny

Some very good points Sean.

Plus if Dave Jones had got Cardiff City to joint top of the league and both the FA Cup and League Cup Finals in the last two seasons - I don't think he would have been sacked. ;)

A

Anonymous

i do not mind watchin quality hockey like we produce but every manager has time,
it is adams's 4th season in charge isnt it??
we have won nothing in that time, we call ourselves a big club,
then regardless of what hockey we play i pay to see trophies won too :)

A

Anonymous

I am an arsenal fan and i love the way we play but if we dont win trophys then get rid of wenger,
6 years without a trophy is bad for such a big club,
If Arsenal want to be successful then they need to change their transfer policy NOT their manager. If you think sacking Wenger is the way to glory then you are mad !!

how we (The Devils) didn't win anything last season was a big injustice and I still can't believe it. It was certainly nothing to do with the incompetence of the coach.

remember the side G assembled last season? One of the best anyone has ever seen. Have a little faith, and a bit more patience :?

Wannabe2

Brian Ball said:
i do not mind watchin quality hockey like we produce but every manager has time,
it is adams's 4th season in charge isnt it??
we have won nothing in that time, we call ourselves a big club,
then regardless of what hockey we play i pay to see trophies won too :)
Maybe we should stop calling ourselves a big club, as there are bigger and as big in this league, maybe every season we punch above our weight. Maybe the big club tab was true a number of yrs ago, i would say there are maybe 3 bigger clubs than us, with one other on par, that makes us a 4th-5th team, who reach the play-offs every year, are always fighting for the league title and other trophies, and who definately give there fans there moneys worth, and we should sack the coach, give me a break.

Status
Not open for further replies.