Signings for 2021/22 season

jenks33

Thread starter #381
So if it is a maximum of 14 imports with a limit of 19 players on the bench on a match night (and we do sign O’Connor) do we think we will still sign 14 imports and sit a player out every game?

Have Hope#35

So if it is 14 imports with a limit of 19 players on a match night (and we do sign O’Connor) do we think we will still sign 14 imports and sit one out every game?
I think we will yes... With 14 Imports and 6 Brits we can play 4 Lines in CHL and it also means we will rest an Import or a Brit during the EIHL Season if someone is struggling with fitness/form.

Ocko

I agreed with you on that. I said he will certainly be given more of an opportunity than Murdy was given. Carruth will start at least 75% of games in all competitions tho in my opinion.
I don’t think is will be quite as much of a one sided split as that. His USports stats are exceptional, and if you understand the circumstances of his ECHL roles his stats make sense. I’d see it 60/40 in terms of games shared at the most.

moggy#9

I don’t think is will be quite as much of a one sided split as that. His USports stats are exceptional, and if you understand the circumstances of his ECHL roles his stats make sense. I’d see it 60/40 in terms of games shared at the most.
I think that a couple of things to bear in mind are; his obvious mental resilience in going through what he did in the echl, and the fact that we have probably had a certain amount of first hand scouting of him.

Given the odd timing of this, do we think there's more news on the way?

jenks33

Thread starter #385
Roughly how many competitive games do we play in a season? Is it about 65? Genuinely don’t see him starting more than 17 to 20 games. We’ll wait and see though. Happy to be proved spectacularly wrong on that.

BostonBart22

I think that a couple of things to bear in mind are; his obvious mental resilience in going through what he did in the echl, and the fact that we have probably had a certain amount of first hand scouting of him.

Maybe a signing thurs and friday, as its getting close to our jolly abroad for pre season.

jenks33

Thread starter #387
I think we will yes... With 14 Imports and 6 Brits we can play 4 Lines in CHL and it also means we will rest an Import or a Brit during the EIHL Season if someone is struggling with fitness/form.
Can you see Haddad coming back? I still think he will be back and if the rumours are to be believed then Ben O’Connor and Brodie Reid will also be Devils next season. What does that leave then? Another centre? I think we still look a player light in that position

Can you see Haddad coming back? I still think he will be back and if the rumours are to be believed then Ben O’Connor and Brodie Reid will also be Devils next season. What does that leave then? Another centre? I think we still look a player light in that position
I’ve heard that Haddad will not be returning due to non hockey related issues!

jenks33

Thread starter #392
I’ve heard that Haddad will not be returning due to non hockey related issues!
Interesting. Reckon he’s calling it a day and moving back to Nova Scotia?
If Haddad isn’t returning then I’ll bring up a name that I mentioned the other day - Jerry Pollastrone. Left winger that previously played for Dundee but spent the last 6 years in the EBEL. Confirmed in June that he won’t be returning to Villacher.
Devil94 made a good point the other day. For some reason Trevor Cox is 63 for us but has always been number 36. Does that mean we’ve signed another player that wears 36? What is Pollastrone’s preferred number - Number 36.

moggy#9

There's an interesting comment on Twitter from Mr king about our new goalie having scored a goal in university. Good puck handling skills are something that the goalies we see here differing lack. This could be fun, and make for a fast transition game.

Last edited: