Signings for 2021/22 season

moggy#9

I'm in Sheffield now and the city centre is quite busy. Heading to the hockey tomorrow so I'll update you all on how it goes regarding social distancing etc.

Here's my POV... If the majority of the population are double vaccinated then why can't we have a Hell out ice arena? Why do we have to have any restrictions in place? The vunerable are protected.

Another POV which might be unpopular but at this point, I don't care. If you fear the virus and refused to get vaccinated then you carry on hiding behind your curtains judging the people that have had enough and just want to get back to normal. We have to get used to this just like we do with flu.
I have zero sympathy for those who refuse to be vaccinated. If they take that stance then they only have themselves to blame for being excluded. If the government and the assembly would pull their fingers out and introduce vaccine passports, It'd be problem solved (notwithstanding issues with variants, which would need a ban on foreign travel).

NathanG

First semi final done. Sheffield beat MK Thunder 6-5 in OT. There's a few hundred fans at the game. All socially distanced. Was kinda expecting more fans in attendance. Atmosphere not all that good. Nice to see hockey being played though.

jenks33

Thread starter #105
Mixed feelings about Waller if the rumours are true. Todd was at the elite series in Nottingham so he must have impressed him. Would Sheffield not sign him tho if he had that much potential?

moggy#9

Mixed feelings about Waller if the rumours are true. Todd was at the elite series in Nottingham so he must have impressed him. Would Sheffield not sign him tho if he had that much potential?
This is an interesting one. I fully trust Todd's judgement, but I wonder what this means for the rest of the brit line up. Maybe it means no Ben Davies, maybe no rutkis, maybe just getting ready for an import netty. It won't be jardine or Haddad, since they're still playing for the bits.

ASHIPP

It makes you wonder whether any of our other British defencemen will not be returning? In saying that, both Josh (Batch) and Evan (Mosey) are equally impactful as forwards or defencemen. Ritchie, I am guessing, is a nailed on returnee.

Ocko

Evan Mosey currently staying in Nottingham and training with teams there. Might mean nothing but seems a more likely destination if he’s there not here.