Songs played at the BBT

Thread starter #1
I'm trying to make a cd of all the songs played at the bbt (warm up and during game), this is what I have so far:

Motorhead - Ace of Spades
Young Soul Rebels - I've Got Soul
Taio Cruz - Dynamite
Chase & Status - Let You Go
Bryan Adams - We're Gonna Win
Danzel - Put Your Hands Up In The Air
Wiley & Chew Fu - Take That
The Automatic - Monster
Bruce Springsteen - Born In The USA
Guru Josh Project - Infinity (think they will stop playing this though!!)
Republica - Ready To Go
The Sweet - Wig Wam Bam
Flo Rida - Low

Can anyone help me fill in the blanks?!

They play this one that sounds like a Russian war march or something?! Wish I knew the name of it!!!

A

Anonymous

status Quo - All stand up

Black eyed peas - I got a feeling

Rev Theory - Hell yeah

Glee(?) - Don't stop believing

ACDC - Thunderstruck

Adams Family - Theme tune

steve

I've got there really early a few times and heard Motorcycle Emptiness - Manic Street Preachers, best song ever.

Paramore - ignorence, has been in the warmup too.

TheStub

Re: Re: Songs played at the BBT

steve said:
I've got there really early a few times and heard Motorcycle Emptiness - Manic Street Preachers, best song ever.
Now we're talking. Takes me back to seeing them perform it live :D :D

steve

Hopefully you saw them do it live a while back, as these days it tends to sound a bit, well eeerm gay!

I watched them do that back to Blackwood set for bbc2 recently. They managed to make You Love Us and Suicide Alley sound like folk music! I'm just gonna try and remember the good times.

osh

Just a few from years gone by

Cold as ice - Foreigner
War - Edwin Starr
Always look on the bright side of life - Monty Python ( maybe Eric Idle )
I get knocked down but I get up again - Chuwumbawumba?
We are the champions - Queen ( not heard for a long time !)

In view of our present circumstances maybe we should play some of the following next season ;-

If I was a rich man - Topol
Moneys too tight to mention - Simply ( in the ) Red
How to be a millionaire - ABC
Sympathy for the Devil - Rolling Stones
Tell me lies - Fleetwood Mac
Please please me ( PR ) - The Beatles
Take the money and run ( PR ) - Steve Miller Band
Tell me lies ( PR ) - Fleetwood Mac

Take the money and run - Steve Miller Band
Taking care of business ( NOT !) - Bachman Turner Overdrive
The great pretender (PR ) - Elvis Presley
Don't let me down ( PR ) - The Beatles

Tell me lies - Fleetwood Mac

Nickelback - Burn it to the Ground

And a particularly strange one I heard about a year and a half back was Vince Mcmahons theme tune off the wrestling...

danhall76 said:
And a particularly strange one I heard about a year and a half back was Vince Mcmahons theme tune off the wrestling...
It is one of the songs they sometimes play when Stevie makes a save - "No chance in hell".

shoes_off said:
They play this one that sounds like a Russian war march or something?! Wish I knew the name of it!!!
I think you mean Borat's version of the Kazakhstan national anthem in honor of BoomBoom. Is nice? :lol:

Fairly comprehensive list there tho otherwise. Can someone make a playlist on last.fm or something. I don't know how these things work. I made a playlist on youtube. I'll post a link later if i can find it...

osh

Hey Mickey - Toni Basil ( played when big Mike Ware fought )

I know it wasn't at the old WNIR, but some years ago I seem to remember a DJ at one of the rinks was asked to leave the building during a game because when the 3 officials came back onto the ice after after period break, the DJ played "3 blind mice" !! Brilliant.

dave

osh said:
Hey Mickey - Toni Basil ( played when big Mike Ware fought )

I know it wasn't at the old WNIR, but some years ago I seem to remember a DJ at one of the rinks was asked to leave the building during a game because when the 3 officials came back onto the ice after after period break, the DJ played "3 blind mice" !! Brilliant.

Tat happened in Nottingham, Guildford & Romford all in a short space of team so the EIHA made a rule that was then placed in the EIHA rule book making it a game misconduct for the DJ.

Thread starter #18
Cheers guys :)

I've thought of a few more:

House of Pain - Jump Around
Yolanda Be Cool - We No Speak Americano
Jump on it - Sir Mixalot