Spear Throwing Stingrays!? This ISN'T Sparta

Gazza272

cardiffdevil said:
tubes117 said:
sorry i forgot the devils players are angels and should be praised by the league for their calm reactions and the hull players hould be banned for life

What are you talking about, people were only commenting on what you predicted as to the length of bans not that there shouldnt be any. Take a chill pill

But hang on a minute, we are the Cardiff Devils and Voth was involved so that means we obviously must have been causing great harm and suffering to the O zone layer, and breaching all manner of Human rights. BAN THEM!

Seriously two guys got carried away and had a scrap make them sit for three games to cool off, make sure they miss the return match in the Tent and get on with our lives.

i'm just going off previous seasons jim shepard got an 8 game ban for an attempted spearing, so six to eight game ban doesn't seem too excessive considering huppe threw his stick at a group of players and according to brent pope birbraer swung twice at a hull player(s). voth and knight both got travesty of the game penalties not even sharp got that so to me 10-20 games doesn't excessive.i can't see the league giving out three to four game bans they are going to want to send a message same as they did with sharp. no hockey league even a beer league like ours is going to want to allow the image of players fighting behind the benches to go without major punishment. you can say all you want about voth not meeting knight half way but on the video you can clearly see someone holding voth back give them both similar bans but i agree knight should get a couple games more for instigating the brawl

Gazza272

tubes117 said:
i'm just going off previous seasons jim shepard got an 8 game ban for an attempted spearing, so six to eight game ban doesn't seem too excessive considering huppe threw his stick at a group of players and according to brent pope birbraer swung twice at a hull player(s). voth and knight both got travesty of the game penalties not even sharp got that so to me 10-20 games doesn't excessive.i can't see the league giving out three to four game bans they are going to want to send a message same as they did with sharp. no hockey league even a beer league like ours is going to want to allow the image of players fighting behind the benches to go without major punishment. you can say all you want about voth not meeting knight half way but on the video you can clearly see someone holding voth back give them both similar bans but i agree knight should get a couple games more for instigating the brawl

Brent says birbrear 'swung' at a player, he never mentions a stick he threw a few punches clearly seen in the youtube video on the game thread. As for Bringing the sharp thing into this, no one was rekless enough with their stick to be hitting an offical, apart from Huppe who when he threw his stick had no control over who it was going to hit.

tubes117 said:
having watched the video on walesonline and heard Brent Popes commentary i think Voth and Knight are going to get big bans (10 -20 games) with huppe and birbraer getting medium bans (6-8 games)
No one is saying the devils players shouldn't get bans but you seriously think 10-20 is a reasonable number? come off it.

steve

tubes117 said:
voth and knight both got travesty of the game penalties not even sharp got that so to me 10-20 games doesn't excessive.

The only reason that penalty was called was because Smith has panicked having realised this was his cock up. He could have easily just called match penalties and let the league deal with it through automatic review. Because he's done this, i assume brad wont be able to play next week pending any appeal. Totally unnecessary.

Also, just watched the video again. Three cheers for Matt Miller for getting back there as fast as he did!!

drainage

tubes117 said:
sorry i forgot the devils players are angels and should be praised by the league for their calm reactions and the hull players hould be banned for life
No idea what you are reading but there are enough comments on here relating to Voth acting rashly and Max swinging his stick to suggest there was a lack of judgement in the Cardiff camp .... no one suggested banning the entire Hull team either. maybe you need to calm down and respond to whats being said rather than spouting off ?? Just an observation ???