ST Terms & Conditions

Sheincar

Thread starter #1
Has anyone researched the legal position on the T&Cs which are set out by Future Financials on DD application? Seems to say that even if the club goes belly up fans still have to pay the full amount of the ST.

mazza03

It does have the DD guarantee on the back of the letter that says you can cancel it by contacting your bank, this is standard , but the letter does seem to imply that you have to complete all payments, don't know if that applies if anything happens to the club??????? :DWD

Sheincar

Thread starter #5
It says:

Future Financials Ltd (FFL), on behalf of Cardiff Ice Arena, agrees to collect from its season ticket holders the payment of fees and any other amounts due from time to time. This agreement is personal to the season ticket holder and cannot be assigned. FFL shall include its successors and assigns. The season ticket holder will be notified of any change in monthly payments prior to collection. FFL shall not be liable to the season ticket holder for any act, omission or default of the Cardiff Ice Arena The Cardiff Ice Arena is not an agent of FFL Any alterations in arrangements shall not affect the terms of the agreement between the season ticket holder and FFL The terms of this agreement will apply to any renewals unless advised by FFL, on or before such renewal

Also says:

The completion and acceptance of this application form binds me to complete the payments to Future Financials for the entire period of the season ticket.

The bits in bold are where I'm a bit worried.

Welshy74

Just looked at the first DD mandate they gave out and that said you cancel at any time yet the new one doesnt have that!!!! Not painting a pretty picture does it. Very unsure about renewing now

The Cardiff Ice Arena are providing the season tickets, therefore my understanding is that even though the devils may fold the contract is between the Arena, FFL and you and they still demand full payment.

You would have to check the terms of the season tickets as to what happens should no Ice Hockey be available, you may find that that covers any issue with the devils as you are paying to watch Ice Hockey and if none is available I would imagine they would then be in breach of contract and a refund be available.

This does however suggest that the devils are not receiving the full payment from all ticket sales and limits there liability or rather Ragans should the devils go belly up, as you are not paying the devils directly if they do bail you cannot claim back payments, as technically you haven't paid Ragan you've paid FFL on behalf of the Cardiff Ice Arena.

In one way good in another someone not to confident of their future security.

Could it be a knock on from people cancelling their DD's after Gerad was sacked (saw people saying they were going to do this but don't know if they did).

Or maybe it's a deal for the club where they get all the money (minus a fee/percentage) up front from this company so all the season ticket money is in the bank. Then to cover their own back the finance company have to add the bit about all payments being due to make sure they get their money back/make a profit?

Ocko

That is 100% correct chillee. We have traded as that company ever since the Cardiff Devils went bust under a previous guise around 2/3 years ago.

Sheincar

Thread starter #12
chillee said:
Sheincar said:
Cardiff Ice Arena Ltd trades as the Cardiff Devils, so one & the same.
For liability reason are you sure.
From ST application form:

pleasecompleteandreturnto:cardiffIcearenaltdt/a cardiffdevils,1caspianpoint,pierheadstreet,cardiff baycf104dQoremailtoinfo@cardiffdevils.com.

Finny

pj_blaze said:
Could it be a knock on from people cancelling their DD's after Gerad was sacked ....
IIRC there were quite a lot of people on here who said that they were going to pay by DD this season so that if they didn't like the way the team recruitment or coaching appointment went they would cancel mid-season.

Am I right in thinking that the club suddenly said at the start of the month that people would have to sign a different form to the one that was initially given out?
There is an alternative DD mandate form still available on the website to download and it clearly says on there that it can be cancelled at any point:
http://www.cardiffdevils.com/index.php/download_file/898/188/

The big difference between the two forms is that the newer one is specifically for Future Financials. Looking at their website it seems that they are usually dealing with golf clubs.

This whole thing reminds me of the Cardiff City season tickets from a couple of years ago where Peter Risdale got fans to sign up early with another company so that the club got the money upfront early to pay off the existing debts and court orders. :?
Can any other city fans remember that? I think I signed up for it at the time so I'm guessing it was the 5-year price freeze offer?

Sheincar said:
chillee said:
Sheincar said:
Cardiff Ice Arena Ltd trades as the Cardiff Devils, so one & the same.
For liability reason are you sure.
From ST application form:

pleasecompleteandreturnto:cardiffIcearenaltdt/a cardiffdevils,1caspianpoint,pierheadstreet,cardiff baycf104dQoremailtoinfo@cardiffdevils.com.
I don't see Cardiff Devils on the Companies House records for Cardiff Ice Arena Ltd. If the devils ceased to be viable would Cardiff Ice Arena also cease or continue trading. ;)

Sheincar

Thread starter #18
That's partly why I was concerned that the thread in Chat about Ragan's companies didn't have Cardiff Ice Arena Ltd listed although Sheffield Ice arena Ltd is.

I assume the striking off was because the Annual Accounts were late as it was then withdrawn.

Sheincar said:
I assume the striking off was because the Annual Accounts were late as it was then withdrawn.
I don't no, late accounts you get penalised, very very late accounts possibly, but why leave it so late, he is not new to Company House rules.

Looking at finances, I would suggest anybody to get a copy of the records especially when companies could be run on an insolvent bases.

My life experience has taught me that if someone is selling something and its promoted with enthusiasm as an unbelievable opportunity, its usually more beneficial to the seller than the buyer. :RAWK

Sheincar

Thread starter #20
chillee said:
Sheincar said:
I don't no, late accounts you get penalised, very very late accounts possibly, but why leave it so late, he is not new to Company House rules.

Looking at finances, I would suggest anybody to get a copy of the records especially when companies could be run on an insolvent bases.

My life experience has taught me that if someone is selling something and its promoted with enthusiasm as an unbelievable opportunity, its usually more beneficial to the seller than the buyer. :RAWK
Not the first time & I'm sure it won't be the last. Seem to remember they had similar problems with late DCF accounts to Charity Commissioners.