Stars Vs Devils - PO 1/4 Final - 14th April 24 - FO 17:00

James

Administrator
Thread starter #1
Devils make the trip north of the boarder for the final time to face the Stars in the second leg of their play-off quarter final. Devils will be hoping to put the series out of reach Saturday but with such a short post season we should be aiming at winning them all. The game is being shown down at the arena but I believe its sold out, Dundee do a good webcast though. All to play for, nothing worth leaving behind. Will it be glory or obscurity?

BostonBart22

I assume devils are bussing it as there's no rush to get back, hopefully we score first and set the tone like in Glasgow last week, if dundee score first its a different scenario and squeaky bum time .

E.D.S.

If we can’t beat a team that finished in 7th, 26 points behind us, going into the second leg with a two goal advantage then we don’t deserve to be at Nottingham and congratulations will go to Dundee.

Get the job done early then protect ourselves from the ‘goonery’ from Pouliot (who I’d love to sign) and get on the plane back home!

ASHIPP

If we can’t beat a team that finished in 7th, 26 points behind us, going into the second leg with a two goal advantage then we don’t deserve to be at Nottingham and congratulations will go to Dundee.

Get the job done early then protect ourselves from the ‘goonery’ from Pouliot (who I’d love to sign) and get on the plane back home!
But that's the joy of UK Playoff hockey....anything is possible. When you only have 2 game rounds in the quarters and 1 game round in the semis, any team can plan and execute a winning game.
The North American Playoff format really tests teams to play at a consistent high level. The test is over best of 5 or best of 7 game series.

E.D.S.

But that's the joy of UK Playoff hockey....anything is possible. When you only have 2 game rounds in the quarters and 1 game round in the semis, any team can plan and execute a winning game.
The North American Playoff format really tests teams to play at a consistent high level. The test is over best of 5 or best of 7 game series.
In a one game shoot out, I’d agree but over two legs I expect us to see off Dundee, in the same way I expected us to see off Glasgow in CC but our performances just aren’t there yet and haven’t been for a while. I’d still expect us to have too much for a 7th place team.

ASHIPP

That's right, we couldn't beat a team that eventually finished 10th in the league in the CC.

Either our Guys were conserving energy, carrying injuries, frustrated with the post season drudge, or are not going to be here next year (want to go home), the performance was not exciting or at its best last night. Suppose it doesn't need to be - its the result that matters.

Hopefully they can be a bit more clinical tonight.
All credit to the Stars. They are a tenacious, relentless team who played a good road game. Naas and Valentini are strong forwards.

E.D.S.

I see we’re doing more stupid zone exits, aimless flicking of the puck to centre ice to no one rather than looking for the pass that on. It must be a direction from Russell. We really are bang average.