STAY POSITIVE

Thread starter #1
Okay we lost again tonight, but we aren't out of this! This team has every chance to go on and win every game!

These things happen in sport, its not just about how the team pick themselves up, its about us as fans too!!

So lets turn up the volume on our "getting sh*t done music" and get pumped. WE CAN DO IT!!! :RAWK

And me I hate the negativity on this forum some times. I do understand why people say what they do but as has been said before the players read these posts and we need to be behind them.

ASHIPP

Defining qualities of great teams are guts and character.

Devils have it spade loads...and if the Guys are down this morning they should just do one thing today....
remind themselves of their character and determination by watching a replay of that CC Final last year.

4 teams are battling for the league right now. Has it ever been that close? Anything can happen along the way.

The only way to determine the outcome is to get over the disappointment, dust themselves down and keep battling like hell. The Steelers don't have the monopoly on fighting spirit.

Tad-cu

It's still all to play for.
We're still top. We still have it in our own hands.
None of the top sides have Edinburgh left to play.
We are the only top side with a game left against Manchester
We have a tough run in. So do Sheffield, Nottingham and Belfast.
Most of the final games for every one are against teams in their own conference.
Expect twists and turns, there'll be plenty.
May the best team win - as we know who the best team is.

Understandable for Devils fans to be disappointed with recent results. We wouldn't be true fans if we were not disappointed. I'm sure players and coaching staff feel the same. The issue is now , how does everyone react. Put these games behind us, put situations right that can can be put right. Improve on decision making and execution. Believe and try our best in all we do for personal esteem and confidence remembering we are all part of a great organisation with a worldwide following. Above all ENJOY this terrific season right to the last whistle.

youngbob

Sheffield's remaining games
Coventry, Fife, Nottingham - 2 each home and away

Nottingham
Fife and Braehead away, Coventry, Cardiff, Sheffield - 2 each home and away

Belfast
Cardiff 1 home, 2 away, Fife 2 home, 1 away, Braehead 1 home

Cardiff
Belfast 2 home 1 away, Nottingham home and away, Manchester away

Fife have been on a roll lately, Coventry are desperate for a playoff spot, and Finnerty must be desperate after blowing it for a second year running

As always we can only control the games we play, but I don't think any of the other contenders has a guarantee of winning all their remaining games

It just got tougher, but it's not over yet

DevilDom

Listen to Lordo's latest interview following the Blaze game. The guy exudes pride and passion in the shirt and the team. We are very lucky to have him and there is no one more gutted and disappointed (for the fans as much as anything) with the way this week ended than him.

I get disappointed after a bad result as much as the next man but I'm going to try and stay as positive as possible. We are still in with a chance of all 4 trophies and if we win anyone that is good. Obviously we all want the big one but I also think sometimes we as fans let our expectations run away with us. Lets not forget that last year was our first trophy in 7 years and now we are all (rightly) wanting more, however I am grateful we are up there competing for everything and will hopefully be right up to the last game of the season.

voth26

Tough week for the team and fans very big highs and lows but this team has the guts and character to do this. Yes the last two games were disappointing but they was their 5th game in 7days or something like that, Lordo as always very honest and quite emotional about leaving the old girl I think!!., you have to respect the guy for that. We will bounce back I'm damn sure of that as Lord will demand it and I think the guys will demand it of themselves and each other. So that leaves us fans of the Red Army what are we going to do well I for one will be clapping and shouting and chanting my nuts off to get MY team the CARDIFF DEVILS across the finishing line in first place.

Sheincar

DevilDom said:
Listen to Lordo's latest interview following the Blaze game. The guy exudes pride and passion in the shirt and the team. We are very lucky to have him and there is no one more gutted and disappointed (for the fans as much as anything) with the way this week ended than him.

I get disappointed after a bad result as much as the next man but I'm going to try and stay as positive as possible. We are still in with a chance of all 4 trophies and if we win anyone that is good. Obviously we all want the big one but I also think sometimes we as fans let our expectations run away with us. Lets not forget that last year was our first trophy in 7 years and now we are all (rightly) wanting more, however I am grateful we are up there competing for everything and will hopefully be right up to the last game of the season.
And that's how I feel too. We don't have a God given right to win anything let alone in with a chance of taking all trophies. Yes we lost but at least we weren't shut out 8-0 by our closest rivals!!

mweller

DevilDom said:
+1

hahaha sorry my excitement got the better of me i meant Caps (hoping for them to break their current losing streak after their players all jumped ship)

Thread starter #19
As it stands

Coventry are 4-2 up at home to steelers, 17 mins left in the 3rd

Brae head are 2-1 up against Panthers at home, about to go into the 3rd.

even if results go against us tonight, it isn't over at all.