Steelers v Devils - 19/02 @ 7:30pm - League - Chat/Updates

Ocko

Re: Steelers v Devils - 19/02 @ 7:30pm - League - Chat/Updat

People have said no players will want to come back next year... With some of this seasons performances Whis won't want them anyway!

Ocko

Josh is still in uni in Cardiff so we've got him for a while yet I would guess. It is convenient here for Richie as its close to home (Swindon) same for Ben. Although I wouldn't be surprised to see Richie move on.

IMO those three are the only irreplaceable players on the team and I don't think the rest of the Brits would go anywhere anyway.

ASHIPP

Our new coach will build his own team for next season. It's inevitable some players will go...and a few may just want to stay. It's forWhis to identify those he wants to offer contracts to or who he can persuade back....could do with tying some down early.

Ocko

Wannabe2 said:
God £8 for this tripe, what a sad shit I am.
Me too. This is dire. No desire at all.

On this plus side it is a good quality webcast and the commentary is one of the best I've heard on a EIHL webcast too.

Ocko

ASHIPP said:
Our new coach will build his own team for next season. It's inevitable some players will go...and a few may just want to stay. It's forWhis to identify those he wants to offer contracts to or who he can persuade back....could do with tying some down early.
I hate to be sarcastic, but....

Well I never would have guessed!! :lol:

Is Simsey on the Steelers web cast? That would influence whether or not i purchase a future broadcast.

Ocko

Mark666 said:
Is Simsey on the Steelers web cast? That would influence whether or not i purchase a future broadcast.
No. It would be intolerable with him. Unfortunately you can hear him announcing in the background though.

voth26

wonder if the devils will ask for a review of dowds hit on smith!!! and if so whats the bet it wont be changed from hicks call in the game, as that nasty smith player for the devils got in the way of that nice mr dowd who plays for the league's nicest team the sheffield squeelers

Missing 4 players and then losing a fifth during the game, I wasn't expecting a win. Yes it's a bad result but the way the steelers came back last night against the panthers it was always going to be a tough game. Guessing I'm one of the few who can accept the result and look forward to the weekend.

ASHIPP

Ocko said:
ASHIPP said:
I hate to be sarcastic, but....

Well I never would have guessed!! :lol:
Ocko - you know I mean!! Here's hoping Whis can do some of this work before the season ends.

Ocko said:
Josh is still in uni in Cardiff so we've got him for a while yet I would guess. It is convenient here for Richie as its close to home (Swindon) same for Ben. Although I wouldn't be surprised to see Richie move on.

IMO those three are the only irreplaceable players on the team and I don't think the rest of the Brits would go anywhere anyway.
Good job your not the coach then

Chevy said:
Wannabe2 said:
Its the brits returning thats the worry, big time.
What do you mean wannabe2? You want them or not?
Off course he wants then back, just like me. It's just the way they have been treated throughout the season by the Club pre-Whistle :cry:

Slartibartfast

Some pretty harsh comments on here. We had 5 key players out. Thats a whole line. Give the guys a break.
If you want to blame anyone blame the hockey gods. They have been real cruel to us this season

Temme

They had one more import than us, one less brit, but the same number of skaters. (So I guess they did have an advantage...)

I wouldn't expect the Under 14's to concede that number of goals in that space of time!

A disappointing result either way, I thought we were in a rich vein of form a couple of weeks back then we lost to hull and Coventry. Go back a month and I've been quoted as saying I expect us to finish the season in the top 4 given how tight the league is- now I'd just take finishing above fife!

Temme

On a side note- is Kurka really 'ill'? Hearing different things about this...
Also what was wrong with Gipters?

And they were missing Goertzen- a key player for them, however we were missing a few also.

Temme said:
They had one more import than us, one less brit, but the same number of skaters. (So I guess they did have an advantage...)

I wouldn't expect the Under 14's to concede that number of goals in that space of time!

A disappointing result either way, I thought we were in a rich vein of form a couple of weeks back then we lost to hull and Coventry. Go back a month and I've been quoted as saying I expect us to finish the season in the top 4 given how tight the league is- now I'd just take finishing above fife!
A Fife win on Sat and Sun and will be squeaky bum time for devils..we r awesome at the moment moment and have eventually found out where the net is..