Steelers v Devils - 20/02 - 5:00pm - League - Chat/Updates

LWootten said:
dmd said:
Are you serious ? his ego !!! he is playing because he has to why dont you go have a chat with the owner maybe he will listen to you .

The way you portray your opinion is yes. I respect your opinion I doubt you respect mine. But I'm happy to back my opinion from how I see it, we've got a very skilled team an awesome player in Craig Weller who will play again in the NHL and a very well run club behind the scenes, and the budget for a player coach and a bench coach, I can't see how Neil Francis is doing the job for free although he may not be on much. I think Adams does need to go onto the bench and coach the team he's put together because I do think he's put a quality team together.
I'm afraid I disagree - we are short of bodies at the moment - Ben leaving for Basingstoke, Tylor banned, Sam and Mark Smith both injured. G needs to be on the ice - Franny can run the bench - G needs to be out there so that he's giving another player an opportunity to rest for a shift.

Oh, and there's also the fundamental point that we're now beyond the signing deadline, so it's not like we can bring another player in, even if we could afford to (which is debatable).

We are running with no spare capacity, especially since our 10th forward left us high and dry.

I would love to see G being a full time coach, but unfortunately that's a luxury just not available to us right now.

We just have to do the best with what we have, which unfortunately with a ban and two injuries this weekend simply wasn't enough.

Last words on this G has to be a PLAYER COACH this season that was what the management wanted nothing to do with ego he has to play .

Zed said:
playing and coaching doesn't really work.
Ben simon *cough*
I can't understand personally how anyone can prefer a player coach to a bench coach, this is my point, we're not on a limited budget surely? The last few years we've had to have a player coach but surely the space is there to get a bench coach? You say Ben Simon I say Corey Neilson. It's not the ideal situation which is my point, not it never works because it does eg Belfast Giants in the past.

dmd said:
Last words on this G has to be a PLAYER COACH this season that was what the management wanted nothing to do with ego he has to play .
dmd if you taken my ego opinion personally I do apologise wasn't my intention but it's how it looks to me. No hard feelings just some hockey banter.

Devildrums said:
LWootten said:
dmd said:
Are you serious ? his ego !!! he is playing because he has to why dont you go have a chat with the owner maybe he will listen to you .

The way you portray your opinion is yes. I respect your opinion I doubt you respect mine. But I'm happy to back my opinion from how I see it, we've got a very skilled team an awesome player in Craig Weller who will play again in the NHL and a very well run club behind the scenes, and the budget for a player coach and a bench coach, I can't see how Neil Francis is doing the job for free although he may not be on much. I think Adams does need to go onto the bench and coach the team he's put together because I do think he's put a quality team together.
I'm afraid I disagree - we are short of bodies at the moment - Ben leaving for Basingstoke, Tylor banned, Sam and Mark Smith both injured. G needs to be on the ice - Franny can run the bench - G needs to be out there so that he's giving another player an opportunity to rest for a shift.

Oh, and there's also the fundamental point that we're now beyond the signing deadline, so it's not like we can bring another player in, even if we could afford to (which is debatable).
Hi, I did concede that what with the injuries this isn't the best situation in a later post. I struggle to understand the point of affording players etc. But also with a British netminder we would have the same amount of imports on the ice if Adams stepped down but with injuries etc I agree we can't do it now.

Has anyone sacked the coach yet? And the team? If not, I suggest that be the first thing to happen when those boys step off the coach in Cardiff.

SACK THEM ALL!!
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :cool: :cool: :lol: :lol:

devils1800 said:
And ragan along with his devils/steelers shirt....total joke if you ask me..along with the two blocks of steeler fans he allowed over. :?: :?: :?:
Did he have one of these i would like one!! Be like two face off Batman, one side normal and good the other a total twisted freak of nature that everyone hates!!! note to self get the side right!!

okay then isnt a true devils fan meant to be a fan for life ??? Supporting them all the way through the season along side the various games we have lost and won? Maybe just maybe instead of slating them every week try supporting them instead !!!
There is way too much "banter" on here slating the boys and i agree with Dmd gee has to be a PLAYER COACH !!!!!!!!!!!! and sacking the team? why do you even bother following the devils ???!! :?

goubie23 said:
okay then isnt a true devils fan meant to be a fan for life ??? Supporting them all the way through the season along side the various games we have lost and won? Maybe just maybe instead of slating them every week try supporting them instead !!!
There is way too much "banter" on here slating the boys and i agree with Dmd gee has to be a PLAYER COACH !!!!!!!!!!!! and sacking the team? why do you even bother following the devils ???!! :?
I'll never stop supporting the Cardiff Devils but can't always keep quiet when I'm supposed to :)

kettdevil1

When we arrived and found a shortage of Smith's on the ice we knew it could be a long evening.... in truth we were second best tonight, the ref was not a factor and we looked like we could do with a rest and a regroup.

We started off in defensive mode, leaving three back for long periods and even when we took the lead - Stu waltzing in from a face off with the Sheffield defensive completely asleep - we didn't really look like we were in control.

Sheffield are currently playing like we were a couple of months ago, they are full of confidence, Legue could afford to miss a couple of sitters and any mistake was pounced on.

A few general points:

1) I have been Symonds' biggest critic but tonight I thought he was superb, he will never be the most skillful D-man but he stepped up today and along with Kenton Smith would have been my choice for MOM
2) Weller chose a bad match to have his worst display of the season. It seems unfair to criticise a man who spent the best part of 60 minutes on the ice but, 2 of the Sheffield goals were down to major mistakes... he looked gutted at the end.
3) Not sure why Voth was being pilloried tonight, I thought he was one of our better players.
4) Great away support again and it was good to see a good attendance at the House of Rust
5) We looked shattered in the second period and amazingly (and to be honest rather annoyingly) we looked much better in the third period, why couldn't we have been like that in the first two periods?
6) We have lost our way but we are still not a bad team at all. At times we looked dangerous tonight but I really feel as though we need to take this week to re-find our mojo. Our PP was awful tonight, our forecheck missed Sir Tylor and too many people were trying to do it all themselves.

Oh and I had fogotten how much Simms talks...

osh

So, does anyone have any thoughts on why we didn't bring in any ENL guys despite the fact we were 3 players short on the ice ?

ENL were home tonight against wightlink so thats why we iced no enl players..i know we needed more bodies but me personally dont think our enl players are much to write about anyway

The ENL Devil also had a horrendous road trip on Saturday, their coach caught fire on the way home, they were marooned on the side of the road until a replacement coach arrived.

I believe they got back to Cardiff at 5am Sunday morning so I doubt if any of them were in a fit state to play or sit on the bench

TheStub

Re: Re: Steelers v Devils - 20/02 - 5:00pm - League - Chat/Updat

devils1800 said:
ENL were home tonight against wightlink so thats why we iced no enl players..i know we needed more bodies but me personally dont think our enl players are much to write about anyway
To me the parent team takes priority. If the development program isn't developing, do we need to tweak it?

osh

It would appear that the only '2 way' players we have got are Clarkson and Brabon both at telford and both net minders !!) I don't accept the comment that any of the ENL players aren't that good, and whilst I understand the ENL players may only have got home at 05.00 am, thats no different to our players getting back from the likes of Newcastle, edinburgh or Glasgow. They could of had a decent rest and still have turned out for the Devils. The point I am making is, why haven't we got any 2 way players other than net minders and irrespective of who the ENL side were playing tonight, surely the priority must be the Elite side.

TheStub

osh said:
irrespective of who the ENL side were playing tonight, surely the priority must be the Elite side.
That has to be the case, otherwise what is the point of the ENL team? Why have a development program that we don't develop players through?

osh

TheStub said:
osh said:
irrespective of who the ENL side were playing tonight, surely the priority must be the Elite side.
That has to be the case, otherwise what is the point of the ENL team? Why have a development program that we don't develop players through?

Would agree 100%. I would also add that we have had many home midweek games where we could have had ENL players on the bench getting used to the atmosphere of the elite league, and also they could have been given a skate particularly when playing against the lower ranked teams.
No one seems to be able to provide an answer, it is truly mystifying!