steelers Vs Devils - 8 Mar 20 - Challenge Cup Final Spectacular

august04

Just re-watching the game on TV - he might be an obnoxious rat, but that was one hell of a play by Connolly on their second goal. We should have smashed him up early doors, he’s so important to them.

Hedd Wyn John

Benti is a shadow of his former self. I think this has been a season too far for him. Last year he'd have buried that chance.
Agreed, Benti has actually improved the last few games but he's nowhere near what he's like in the past few years. His pace has gone and he just can't score.

Rhyan48

yeah I agree with the defence also but our net minding has been a shambles most of the season haven’t got a nettie we can rely on like other teams his heart don’t seem to be in it anymore so if that’s the case let him go and get someone who wants to wear a devils jersey

Jonesy83

To anybody who’s watched it on TV or seen a replay etc.

Was that a deserved penalty shot? From where I was sat I’d never have given that in a million years?

Hedd Wyn John

Benti hasn’t had a great season, but the guy always works hard. While Pope is more likely to get you a goal, you’re not always guaranteed the effort!
I'd take the odd goal here and there from Pope than zero from Benti. Pope also has a strong physical side to his game and was doing well until his injury.

BostonBart22

Best team won on the night , cant fault the turnaround by sheffield in 48 hours, duba especially. officials let a lot go , but what a shit call on the late hit penalty by Eberle, from where i was it was boarding which sometimes gets called 2 plus 10 . must say 2 sets of fans were awesome singing to the end which made it a great final apart from the result, so now we move on and get to be # 1 by winning the top prize on offer ...the league...lets do this..

Slartibartfast

Was that a deserved penalty shot? From where I was sat I’d never have given that in a million years?
Penalty maybe but not penalty shot. Was it a clear scoring opportunity? I don't think so. Haddad was so close to him I don't think he could have got off a good shot. When Haddad switched his stick to the right hand side of Connolly it did not go near the puck but did impede the player so a hook or maybe trip call may be justified.

Its a shame that mistakes by our two most consistent players led to two goals but that happens. It was really the poor first period that cost us this game.

Paul Sullivan

For me, this year's Steelers team reminds me of their 2010/11 team. I didn't rate Mustakovs, and I don't rate Duba. Too many juicy rebounds. Friday we converted, today we didn't.
Above average goalies with the right D in front of them to 'compliment' their weaknesses, for me. Deserved winners on the day. As has been said often, it's disappointing but let's go get the big one now.

I bet Lordo rests so much easier on night’s like tonight knowing he can lean on the expertise of some people on this forum. He doesn’t even have to point any fingers at any of his team ‘cos you guys have done it already. Even picking on guys that didn’t ice. It’s like reading Steeltalk sometimes.

Loved the fighting spirit of the guys tonight. Shame we had some lapses. Sheffield don’t need many chances with all their firepower. Great game to watch.

Paul Sullivan

I've seen those given and not given. Based on the other calls in the prism of it being a Cup final I was a little surprised.

Last man.
In control of puck.
In the motion of shooting.

I'd give you the first two, but am unconvinced on number three.

CaldicotDevil

I bet Lordo rests so much easier on night’s like tonight knowing he can lean on the expertise of some people on this forum. He doesn’t even have to point any fingers at any of his team ‘cos you guys have done it already. Even picking on guys that didn’t ice. It’s like reading Steeltalk sometimes.

Loved the fighting spirit of the guys tonight. Shame we had some lapses. Sheffield don’t need many chances with all their firepower. Great game to watch.
Isn't posting your opinions the whole point of this forum???

Wannabe2

Decent performance in the second half of the game but we left ourselves too much to do. Our passing was sloppy for large parts and I’ve got no complaints with the result.
No way am I blaming Bownsy for the loss but it goes without saying that Duba won the battle of the goalies. I just felt bownsy didn’t really make any big saves where as Duba probably had his best game of the season. Can’t say I’m devastated, as long as we win the league though!
Dubas saves were much easier to make than Bownsy, our shots were pretty crappy.