steelers Vs Devils - CC 1/4F - 7th Dec 22 - 19:30 FO

Samael

I won't be there tonight for two reasons, 1.l'm working and won't be in South Wales and 2. This brand of hockey is not entertaining, it's neither physical or skillful, it's just bland so l'm not wasting money on watching Belfast ruin us, again.

As Todd is throwing down the gauntlet or 'calling out' as some may say, l'd be grateful lf someone could ask or raise the following:

What is going on with the lease of the IAW?

Why is the security so ineffective with drunks and badly behaved fans?

What really is the point of the two way with Bristol when there seems to be no activity or exchanges going on?

Some of the merch is grossly overpriced, why?

Obviously if someone who isnt a complete shill arselick is there can raise these points l'd be grateful, feel free to word it however you like and post a general summary of it on here? If l was in Cardiff tonight and had time to spare l'd have asked the questions in person. But l'm not, l don't, so l can't despite a transparent ploy by the md to get the iaw packed out for what will probably not be worth the ticket price.

E.D.S.

Not sure he actually wants to hold a Q&A fielding questions about the inconsistent performances of the team etc.
More likely an exercise in damage limitation after fan criticism of the poor performances etc.
The very fact we’re even having a Q&A regarding team performances speaks volumes!
This is a Q and A about everything and anything - ask about the gantry if you like - I’m sure he doesn’t want to be discussing the current league position or performance either as I'm pretty certain he'd rather we didn't have those issues but what's the harm in asking? This wasn't set up as a result of recent performance. i don't think it's damage limitation either. He's done these Q and A's plenty of times before. Plus, forum users represent such a small proportion of the fan base that it can't be damage limitation or 'future season ticket sales protection'. Look at it as a great opportunity to find something out.

Our owners who used to be quite accessible on here seem to have left for whatever reason so surely this is the next best thing to understanding the rationale behind some decisions.

Finny

I bet £10,000 that not one Forum Keyboard Detracting Warrior will have the balls!!
I was going to say that’s because most of the most critical posters on here don’t go to games in Cardiff.
Although as we’re playing Belfast tonight a couple might be making the long journey for their cup final.

osh

So, take Away the £10, 000 bet, will you still be attending at the Q&A session ? “ I doubt it very much “
Fair Question. I have already made other arrangements for tonight, HOWEVER, as I’m sure everyone will realise, the £10,000 bet was made as a tongue in cheek gesture, as was my reply. I have never been afraid to ask TK questions, in fact pre Covid when I was in the Devils office, we had a chat about various matters, some we agreed on others we didn’t.
Having said that, had I been able to attend tonight, these are some of the questions I would have asked ;-
1. Did our rookie coach have much say in the players who were recruited for this season as I feel the quality has fallen compared to recent pre Covid years.
2. As in previous years, is there any intention in strengthening the team mid season ?
3. Various issues have been raised on the Inferno board i.e poor toilet facilities, drunk and abusive attendees ( not fans ) what are you doing about these sort of things.

Christopher and Kingmo19.1 what questions would you like answered or are you happy with the way things are ?

This is a Q and A about everything and anything - ask about the gantry if you like - I’m sure he doesn’t want to be discussing the current league position or performance either as I'm pretty certain he'd rather we didn't have those issues but what's the harm in asking? This wasn't set up as a result of recent performance. i don't think it's damage limitation either. He's done these Q and A's plenty of times before. Plus, forum users represent such a small proportion of the fan base that it can't be damage limitation or 'future season ticket sales protection'. Look at it as a great opportunity to find something out.

Our owners who used to be quite accessible on here seem to have left for whatever reason so surely this is the next best thing to understanding the rationale behind some decisions.
Yes, you’re right TK has held a Q&A many times before and maybe forum users do represent only a small section of the fan base but I’ve spoken to many other fans around where I sit, who I know do not populate this forum, and others at large around the arena, and our inconsistency and poor performances are mentioned pretty much every week. so I do think that many views expressed on this forum do represent views across the fan base.

Although to get a true flavour of how representational the forum is you would need to know the demographic of those of the forum posters to compare like for like with the overall fan base.

I’m quoting Katrina’s post where she mentioned team performances and Organisation issues speculated on this thread and others.
So I would guess it’s near, if not top of the list of 'hot topics' anticipated at the Q&A.
Also news on the lease should be pretty high on my list I would think.

Last edited:

lloyd_jeff

l guess my sarcasm didn’t relay too well. Like others said the fact a Q&A is being offered says a lot, it’s very politician like, would the responses reflect the reality kinda situation. I’m not so sure, in fact it’s highly likely Todd with well prepared responses would shut down any fans who criticise. I’ve never known any head of anything admit to any negativity, I’ll just watch from my seat and hope things get sorted before people start voting with their feet.

Samael

I was going to say that’s because most of the most critical posters on here don’t go to games in Cardiff.
And you know this how? Oh that's right Mark, because you know everything and everyone who ever set foot in the Wnir, Bbt and the Iaw.

I'm getting really bored of the attitude of some of the posters here who think they know it all and attack anyone that is (justifiably) critical of the club, facilities or management. Anyone would think this wasn't actually an open forum for discussion at all, but a circle jerk for people like the inbred shop keepers off the league of gentleman who always say this is a local shop for local people.

I think the last q and a was mainly about toilets, parking and hosting the continental cup, pity they wasn’t a facility to pre ask questions, not everyone likes talking in front of a crowd to ask questions
Totally agree. There should be a facility to submit your questions beforehand as most would not want to speak out, particularly if it’s a more probing question!

Do you really think Todd doesn't know what gets debated on here? He has mentioned several times before he sometimes uses KW's account if he want's to add any comments. It's not a secret.

Also, this is the first place twitter users go after a loss so they can quote an inferno meltdown even though they are having one themselves.

Not hard for Todd to gauge the mood.
Just to clarify Todd has never used my account, but in the past used Kris Agland's.

Afternoon All

Come one, come all - we cordially invite you to the Q&A pregame in the main bar with Todd at 5:45pm tomorrow.

Rather than speculate online, this is your opportunity to ask all of the questions in person, that have been raised on this thread and forum in general, regarding our 2022-23 team, performance and organisation.

Here is a link to the Q&A story online - https://www.cardiffdevils.com/news/weekend-preview-devils-v-giants-2/ for those of you who may have missed it.

See you tomorrow!
Katrina

On behalf of Todd Kelman (because he doesn't have an Inferno account!!)
For those of you who cannot make the Q&A, you can of course email your questions to info@cardiffdevils.com, before 2pm today and we will hand these off to JD who will be facilitating the Q&A with Todd.

We have always had an open dialogue with our fans and like you all, know the frustration inconsistent performances bring. So we felt a Q&A pregame today, would be an opportunity to get those burning questions or opinions answered / clarified.

MA18

I won't be there tonight for two reasons, 1.l'm working and won't be in South Wales and 2. This brand of hockey is not entertaining, it's neither physical or skillful, it's just bland so l'm not wasting money on watching Belfast ruin us, again.

As Todd is throwing down the gauntlet or 'calling out' as some may say, l'd be grateful lf someone could ask or raise the following:

What is going on with the lease of the IAW?

Why is the security so ineffective with drunks and badly behaved fans?

What really is the point of the two way with Bristol when there seems to be no activity or exchanges going on?

Some of the merch is grossly overpriced, why?

Obviously if someone who isnt a complete shill arselick is there can raise these points l'd be grateful, feel free to word it however you like and post a general summary of it on here? If l was in Cardiff tonight and had time to spare l'd have asked the questions in person. But l'm not, l don't, so l can't despite a transparent ploy by the md to get the iaw packed out for what will probably not be worth the ticket price.
You could always email Todd and ask him this yourself. I’m sure he’d respond.

matbur

This forum attracts a whole spectrum of opinions, but I hope people can at least appreciate how willing Devils staff are to have open dialogue with supporters. They really don't have to do this in such an open forum.

It's not uncommon to see professional sports teams deliberately choose to turn a blind eye to supporters concerns and the team are going out of their way to have that communication with fans. Whatever your views, they really can't do much more to be approachable.

I have commitments that mean I won't get there until after the Q&A, but it would be really good if the Devils could perhaps surmise it on their official site or record it for YouTube.

E.D.S.

This forum attracts a whole spectrum of opinions, but I hope people can at least appreciate how willing Devils staff are to have open dialogue with supporters. They really don't have to do this in such an open forum.

It's not uncommon to see professional sports teams deliberately choose to turn a blind eye to supporters concerns and the team are going out of their way to have that communication with fans. Whatever your views, they really can't do much more to be approachable.

I have commitments that mean I won't get there until after the Q&A, but it would be really good if the Devils could perhaps surmise it on their official site or record it for YouTube.
Exactly this. Todd fronts up. Yes he may occasionally drop a ball but he's always happy to face up to it and apologise if need be. Worlds apart from previous management. The management don't have to do this.

I wouldn't mind asking/exploring more the issue of the drunks. In my case it's the hospitality crowd. Not interested in the game. Just spilling drinks and swearing in front of my son and mother. I don't mind the mindless comments about fighting as that's what they think it is - they are uneducated in hockey terms but it's the general manners and consideration for others and who's around them that bothers me. There is no policing of it.