steelers Vs Devils - League - 14th Nov 21

moggy#9

No if connolly does it its perfectly legal, I'm not entirely sure why he is allowed to carry on getting away with this sort of thing right in front of officials but I do feel like the officials have some sort of blind spot for the little rat, even if it's directly in front of them.

It needs addressing either by making the official pay a fine or allowing connolly to take the long awaited beating he's got coming to him.
If that PoS Connolly had a ware or macwilliam type sort him out, he wouldn't cause problems again. Kyle Haas seems the obvious candidate to do the league a service by taking Connolly down a few pegs.

Devils86

DOPS can take their time over these - the hit and Connolly - as the Steelers don't play again until the 27th.

Connolly could get something as it's the same level as the kicking Deluca got banned for.

kristian

Got to say as with the Waller hit it looks worse the more you watch it.
He only has one think in mind.
Hope it doesn't start anything again for Duggs. ( 2 ales and hockey tales)

Mazzoak

I’ve been reading the game thread on Steeltalk forum.
Some interesting and recognisable quotes on there.
From the last post (fitting) so far:

“From that point we were chasing the game without the tools to try anything different, our forwards as like the previous season under Fox are all a bit similar and we can't go to for example a big line. It's all too cute for me in these situations but I cannot see it changing. We need a player or 2 similar to Broll in size to just be able to have a physical presence.”

“No one ever seems to get recruitment right from day one, do we need some changes, probably ?”

These are things we’ve all been reading/posting on here especially while McNally was out.
Interesting that(unlike us) Steelers have scored sackfuls of goals this year but when it goes wrong change is needed.
Prime example of why fans aren’t running hockey teams :)

Wannabe2

Can see the return of the Steelers at ours being a belter hopefully, time for revenge without giving up the points, Connolly will be levelled hopefully, Ellerby will be sorry he left Sheffield, Porky Pig will get his wish and wish he hadn’t shot his mouth off, if you can hardly move then don’t call-out a athlete. The roof will be lifted for this clash, we will be the extra man, let’s do this guys please.

Wannabe2

If any kind person has a program of last nights Steelers game in Sheffield and is willing to sell or trade can you please let me know. Thank you.

Swarley

If that PoS Connolly had a ware or macwilliam type sort him out, he wouldn't cause problems again. Kyle Haas seems the obvious candidate to do the league a service by taking Connolly down a few pegs.
I'm still surprised Mcnally or Mikkelson didn't take the chance at putting his head throw the boards, he gets away with more crap in this league that any other player and I'd love to know why because the officials not seeing it is absolutely BS!

Devil94

The fact that Connolly has got under so many people's skin on here shows that he's successfully doing what he's trying to do. He's not caused a serious injury, and he's not as much of an offensive threat as he used to be. I don't get what the issue is personally, he's irrelevant.

The full highlights are out now. I love just before the 5th goal, the fans are finally making noise, getting behind Barry Brust as he made a big save and offered out the bench, only for Sanford to sneak one passed him and silence them all again. Superb.

Swarley

The fact that Connolly has got under so many people's skin on here shows that he's successfully doing what he's trying to do. He's not caused a serious injury, and he's not as much of an offensive threat as he used to be. I don't get what the issue is personally, he's irrelevant.

The full highlights are out now. I love just before the 5th goal, the fans are finally making noise, getting behind Barry Brust as he made a big save and offered out the bench, only for Sanford to sneak one passed him and silence them all again. Superb.
Its more the fact he's taking cheap shots right in front of officials and nothing gets done, it makes the officials look absolutely incompetent or biased either way it makes them look seriously bad, he needs taking down and put in his place because yes while he hasn't injured anyone yet, one of his stupid little hooks like he did with Mcnally could of caused an injury.

Devil94

So it's the refs you don't like, not Connolly? Connolly is 36 and has been playing that role for 15 years, I don't think getting called for a penalty or someone fighting him is going to change the way he plays or 'put in his place'. Otherwise he wouldn't still be going at 36.

BostonBart22

A 6’5” turtle at that!!!!

Unfortunately it’s an instigator penalty all day long with the rule as it is. The fact that the rule is garbage is the problem.
I also thought Connolly speared McNally probably hitting his skates but aiming for an ankle knowing his style.
Can’t remember if a ref saw it but I’m sure it was in front of a Lino
looked at the clip again, the 2 refs were less than a metre away from it...

moggy#9

I'm still surprised Mcnally or Mikkelson didn't take the chance at putting his head throw the boards, he gets away with more crap in this league that any other player and I'd love to know why because the officials not seeing it is absolutely BS!
I can't quite decide whether he gets special treatment because he's a steeler or because he plays for GB. Let's just see if the Steelers discount comes into play for the other Muppet.

Swarley

So it's the refs you don't like, not Connolly? Connolly is 36 and has been playing that role for 15 years, I don't think getting called for a penalty or someone fighting him is going to change the way he plays or 'put in his place'. Otherwise he wouldn't still be going at 36.
Both the officials and Connolly should be fined, him for blatantly hooking at Mcnallys skates and the officials for not only allowing it to happen but to allow it to happen directly in front of them.

Do I like connolly? No he's an absolute bellend and seems to be protected by the officials, his pety little cheap shots are dangerous in my opinion. Big hits, love em, get under a players skin, love it, trying to intentionally hook a players skates out directly in front of an official? Not wanted in what is supposed to be a league that is growing.

Devil94

Have to disagree. If it was that bad we would have seen more of a reaction from McNally, and we will see the Devils report it to DOPS in the week. I very much doubt they will however. It's a 2 minute penalty max, but if you call that you can also call the McNally cross check before that, and you can also throw Louis out of the game for punching Ellerby when he was on the floor. All in all I think the correct calls were made.
Fining the refs is laughable. I had hoped the days of accusing officials of being 'biased' were long gone.

moggy#9

Have to disagree. If it was that bad we would have seen more of a reaction from McNally, and we will see the Devils report it to DOPS in the week. I very much doubt they will however. It's a 2 minute penalty max, but if you call that you can also call the McNally cross check before that, and you can also throw Louis out of the game for punching Ellerby when he was on the floor. All in all I think the correct calls were made.
Fining the refs is laughable. I had hoped the days of accusing officials of being 'biased' were long gone.
I don't think there's an issue with bias in the way there used to be in the HBL days, or as we saw in the CHL this year. I'm not convinced all clubs are treated equally when it comes to certain administrative matters though.

Swarley

Hard to stop saying the officials ain't biased when he's getting away with hooking at a players skates in front of them and they do absolutely nothing.

Devil94

Hard to stop saying the officials ain't biased when he's getting away with hooking at a players skates in front of them and they do absolutely nothing.
Or maybe they saw it much closer and with a much better view and understanding of the situation than you, and didn't think it was worth a penalty. I would say that's the most likely option.
But as I said earlier, if DOPS review it in the week and 'put him in his place' then I'll admit you were right.