steelers Vs Devils - League - 3rd Dec 22 - 19:00 FO

James

Administrator
Thread starter #1
Devils travel to the house of rust for a league match against the steelers. steelers are 3 points ahead of us in the standings but have a game in hand and sit second on the table currently.

Wannabe2

Looking forward to watching this game ( I think ), will the Steelers bring out the best in the Devils, or will they turn us over like also rans. Could this be a turning point in our season, and will our passengers start to show up. This won’t happen in a month of Sundays, but I would love to see us come out banging and trying to put our stamp on this game, but unfortunately I don’t think we have that in this team, but would love to be proven wrong. So I will give that lot up the road my £15, and hope and pray for some passion, it would be pretty neat being able to talk positively for a few weeks about this team on here. Anyway we live in hope, so come on lads I sent my wish list to Santa, let’s hope he read it.

Kevlar68

An early Christmas present tonight would be good and kick on from there. I hope it's just a positive game no matter what the result with a bit of passion.

BostonBart22

With our good away form as opposed to home form I will gladly take a point or a bonus of 2, but and it's a big but if we win up in steelers Town it's a must win game v dundee tomorrow if not a win up there will count for nothing just saying

Ejercito Rojas

If we want to stay in contention in this annual 3 horse race that is the EIHL, quite simply we need a win tonight.
Anything less and we hand Sheffield the initiative before the CC quarter final next week and we need to break the 'win one lose one' cycle we are caught up in because let’s be fair if we don’t we’ll in all probability finish 4th/5th and end up playing Coventry in the Playoff qtr final.
We must start winning games against teams above us in the table and that must start tonight!

But if you’re looking for real under achievement, disappointment and deja vu there’s the always the
Nottingham Panthers, for everything else including a Continental Cup Finals weekend trip there’s Mastercard!

lloyd_jeff

I’d be surprised if we loose tonight, home advantage, time to work on areas we’ve been missing in & time to study the opposition. Dupont is rumoured to love studying the opposition and developing new ideas and solutions, so no excuses. Todd doesn’t think we need any changes in recruitment, owners are of course backing the guy they gifted the role, so yeah anything less than a stellar performance & a win basically means their full of …………..

Wannabe2

I’d be surprised if we loose tonight, home advantage, time to work on areas we’ve been missing in & time to study the opposition. Dupont is rumoured to love studying the opposition and developing new ideas and solutions, so no excuses. Todd doesn’t think we need any changes in recruitment, owners are of course backing the guy they gifted the role, so yeah anything less than a stellar performance & a win basically means their full of …………..
We are away to Steelers tonight buddy, we are home to Dundee tomorrow, so don’t be too surprised if we lose.

Samael

My head says I hope we lose so the chances of Fox keeping his job in Sheffield are increased. He's been almost as much of a gift (to us) of a coach to that organisation as Thompson was.

My heart is hoping we batter them and this doesn't turn into a 20+ page we suck thread.

ASHIPP

My head says I hope we lose so the chances of Fox keeping his job in Sheffield are increased. He's been almost as much of a gift (to us) of a coach to that organisation as Thompson was.

My heart is hoping we batter them and this doesn't turn into a 20+ page we suck thread.
Bit of a mixed message here....surely if we lose, then Fox and the Steelers have achieved their aim?
Fox has been a good coach , they have beaten us several times, including the Challenge Cup Final in 2019 (lockdown year). Currently they are higher than us in the League, so until our team overtake them, I would say Fox is getting his players to execute his tactics.