stevie lyle

Thread starter #5
stevie had a amazing weekend picking up man of the match on both nights and the only person not to congratulate him was g on both nights, which makes me think that the rumour of g telling stevie his contract wll not be renewed 3 weeks before the end of the season might be the truth, well the renewel part is right but the time period who knows.
even so, stevie has been a great servent to the club and for g not to show his appreciation to a devils legend is well out of order and before you all start chopping my head off because i said something bad about g im only commenting on what i saw, for all i know g could have give him a massive man hug and maybe shed a tear but i cant see through walls.

rocketbob

Thank you for you brilliant efforts for the club Stevie. You have been a wonderful servant to the club for so many years. All the best for the future. Wherever you end up they will be lucky to have you as both a player and a gentleman. :( :( :(

ASHIPP

Very best wishes to Stevie whichever direction he decides to take his career.

Stevie has been outstanding for the Devils over 3 years and before. No coincidence he was considered MVP of the Playoff tournament by many people, including Paul Thompson.

Thanks for all your fantastic efforts, Stevie, and good luck to you and your family. A top guy.

voth26

well done stevie on both your mom's at the playoffs, you have been a great servant to the devils from when you first started to when you finish, always had time for the fans, what ever you decide for your future you know you will always have a massive welcome from the devils fans all the best stay healthy

just to add to all the rest been great watching stevie over the last few season and from the time when he first came into the team top player and great guy aswel all the best for his future where ever it takes him :D

:Banana :pickle

ASHIPP

nebarton666 said:
stevie had a amazing weekend picking up man of the match on both nights and the only person not to congratulate him was g on both nights, which makes me think that the rumour of g telling stevie his contract wll not be renewed 3 weeks before the end of the season might be the truth, well the renewel part is right but the time period who knows.
even so, stevie has been a great servent to the club and for g not to show his appreciation to a devils legend is well out of order and before you all start chopping my head off because i said something bad about g im only commenting on what i saw, for all i know g could have give him a massive man hug and maybe shed a tear but i cant see through walls.
(my bold). But you haven't just commented on what you saw, have you? You've also trotted out an unpleasant rumour from somwhere where no proof or foundation is offered.

Very often, what people actually see/don't see does not tell the whole story at all.

G and Franny have been two of Stevie's biggest supporters in the past couple of years. It's very unlikely that they would jeopardise future signings/ongoing negotiations with players by mishandling one situation.

Stevie knew before the playoffs that he wasn't being retained, I've no idea how long before he was told though. The fact he posted back to back mom performances in that situation speaks volumes for him as a man.

TheStub

Was it his choice or the club's?

Symmo tweeted about his performance in his last game - which raises more questions than answers.

One hell of a way to leave though.

Skippy

TheStub said:
Was it his choice or the club's?

Symmo tweeted about his performance in his last game - which raises more questions than answers.

One hell of a way to leave though.

Great way to showcase your talent if you know your looking for a new job as well.

Koop11

Stevie had me eating my hat during the last couple of seasons. His performance in this year's playoffs was one of the best I have seen from a Devils goalie. Your time and efforts at the Devils over the years Stevie are very welcome and I wish you and your family all the very best for the future. Thank you.

osh

Stevie has been a wonderful player for the Devils ever since making his debut in the Continental Cup. I have watched him develop since that time and have followed his career from boy to man. I wanted him to do so well when he went to try his luck in North America and if it wasn't for the import restriction rules there at the time I feel he could have made it - with one on one pro coaching - to a much higher level. I was delighted to see him go out on such a high note over last weekend when he was inspirational in goal for us. Wish you well Stevie in all your future endeavours!!

Sorry but i have to write something on this as i am a ex team mate of his,he was told by g before our games on march 10/11 he was not here next season not the news you want to here let alone before 2 big games.what saddens me is the way it has been handled by the owner and the coach stevie has been with this club since he was 7 years old ok he has played for other teams in his time but all the other owners and coaches have wished him well.but not these two they have been rude and just blanked him.all i would like to say is our loss is another teams gain.

Thread starter #19
ASHIPP said:
nebarton666 said:
(my bold). But you haven't just commented on what you saw, have you? You've also trotted out an unpleasant rumour from somwhere where no proof or foundation is offered.

Very often, what people actually see/don't see does not tell the whole story at all.

G and Franny have been two of Stevie's biggest supporters in the past couple of years. It's very unlikely that they would jeopardise future signings/ongoing negotiations with players by mishandling one situation.
looks like it wasnt a rumour after all.
just dont understand why we would waste an import slot when we have a perfectly good brit