Stevie Lyles Testimonial

Just a reminder that the game is this Tuesday. Please come along and support Stevie and see his very special testimonial team. I have been lucky enough to see the shirts and they are amazing. Well done CH Sports. They will all be for sale after the game, but if you can't make it but want to bid for one just send me a message on here and I will give you the details.

See you Tuesday the BBT

Doors open at 6.30pm for a 7.30pm-ish face off and there will be a Shirt off his Back competition to win CH Sports produced shirts

Thanks
Nic

Great night at the dinner last night.
Very well done to all concerned!

Was good to see some old faces there, and it'll be good to see them on the ice tonight in what sounds like a fun game.

Just signed up to say congratulations to Stevie on his testimonial match night. Hope it goes well for all.
Been lucky enough to meet Stevie on a number of occasions; great guy and great goaltender who gives back to the sport. The kids (+ adults) at his goalie clinics really benefit from what he and his fellow coaches do.
Keep up the good work. ;)

drainage

For me the shirts tonight should have been the 25 year shirts retro logo .... Red white and green colours of our flag ! Surely that's the way forward ? Also think Jeff P is an absolute character and we need him ! Good night great to see those guys and I think we have a great team !

drainage said:
For me the shirts tonight should have been the 25 year shirts retro logo .... Red white and green colours of our flag ! Surely that's the way forward ? Also think Jeff P is an absolute character and we need him ! Good night great to see those guys and I think we have a great team !
Really sad I couldn't make the game this evening. Do tell, what was Jeff up to??

Tonight was fantastic! It was great to see Mark Smith back on the ice, even though I can't see him playing any games at the moment. Think as it was non contact and a bit of fun, he iced.

Was funny to shout our abuse at the guys and seeing their reactions for a chance. Jeff was doing his usual think,nave us a wiggly and was falling over with laughter when seeing some of the guys mess up badly on the breakaway challenge.

It really was a great night to show Stevie what a great guy he is.

osh

Great night for Stevie and easy to see the respect he has from those he's both played with and against. Great to see a sprinkling of the legends of Devils hockey history, Steven Cooper, Ivan, Shiney, Lawless, Chinny, Merv etc. Great pity that a couple of the players advertised didn't actually make an appearance, would have liked to have got a Brigley signature on an old stick and shirt of his, never mind, maybe next time I see him in Canada perhaps.

Nice couple of varied skill tests during the interval and a good crowd also. For all those involved in helping to organise Stevie's testimonial year, take a bow, you have done a great job.,

Last night was a great event. Further congratulations to all involved. The players and officials for coming from all over and making it so special and fun and all the off ice folk for their hardwork too.

Really enjoyed the skills comp too, especially Stu vs Pelle on shooting and the 'dirty old dogs' line in the breakaway comp. (any videos available?)

All in all a suitable honor for Stevie and i hope he enjoyed it because he has earnt it over the years.

Foxy

Thread starter #37
Great night really enjoyed the skills challenges but what happened to Travis Brigley?
Was really looking forward to seeing him again:-(

ASHIPP

A fantastic, fun night in honour of Stevie. A very fitting event. Looked like all the players were enjoying themselves with no pressure.

Great to see so many legend, EPL and current Elite League players on Stevie's team.

Anyone else think Jon Pelle looks far better in a Devils' jersey ;) .......as does Mathew Myers? ;)

Mark666 said:
Last night was a great event. Further congratulations to all involved. The players and officials for coming from all over and making it so special and fun and all the off ice folk for their hardwork too.

Really enjoyed the skills comp too, especially Stu vs Pelle on shooting and the 'dirty old dogs' line in the breakaway comp. (any videos available?)

All in all a suitable honor for Stevie and i hope he enjoyed it because he has earnt it over the years.
I have some videos but my camera ran out of battery at some point. I will try and get them all on Youtube tonight.