Storm v Devils - 10/09 @ 19:00 - CC - Chat/Updates

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #1

First 'proper' game of the season and it's back to Manchester and into a building that's like the BBT, only it's an actual building made of bricks...

The Storm don't offer a webcast service yet, or at least I can't see any details on their website so...

We *might* be running the 'ridiculously childish and disgustingly biased' Match Night Live service for this game as always expect name calling, slurs and bad jokes about keepers not being able to stop beach balls in epic proportions, at the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl

If you'd like to chip in with a comment or make a score prediction on the night you can contact us at matchnightlive@gmail.com

Texters are always needed so if you can help us out please get in touch by PM or text the MNL line on 07527 625206.

WD59

It's the start of the season, energy is high and as Storm have shown against Steelers, they were no push overs. I'm predicting a win for us, but a rocky ride along the way.

Russky

I will be hosting MNL for this game. I already have one confirmesd texter but ideally would need at least another one may be two to share the texting burden, If you are able to help out with texting duties on saturday please pm me here and I will confirm with you the details, nearer the day, as what is required..

JC23

devildiva said:
Anyone know if there is a webcast for Saturday nights game please?
No Manchester webcast just yet. Some point this season is rumoured. If you have Twitter, StormLive is brilliant for updates, plus there will be MNL of course.

Russky

I understand Manchester Storm do have a game twitter feed but MNL will keep you fully updated with in-game coverage.

Tyke Devil

We should all be thankful for MNL and the great hosts and guys that help out.

Just checked the EIHL website. Their "play by play" on the Stars v Panthers game tonight consists of one line for the one goal scored so far! They must be at the end of the 1st at the very least. :lol:

Work in progress I guess!

Russky

Russky said:
I will be hosting MNL for this game. I already have one confirmesd texter but ideally would need at least another one may be two to share the texting burden, If you are able to help out with texting duties on saturday please pm me here and I will confirm with you the details, nearer the day, as what is required..
Still on the hunt for texters; for tonights game. Stlll waiting for responses from some regular texters confirming if they are going to tonights game. If you can help by sending me text updates for MNL coverage purppses either please pm m here or email me at russky1@hotmail.com

Russky

Texters are now confirmed. Colin an KettDevil have stepped in to help cover the game.

I look forward to you joining me from 6:30pm for live game text commentary, score updates and predictions.

Jonesy83

Game over

Storm win 4-2

Majorly disappointing loss. Let's hope we can kick start the league campaign with a win at home tomorrow.

august04

At least it wasn't a league game.....but weren't we supposed to be better prepared than the rest (bar Sheffield) after our lengthy pre-season?

ASHIPP

A very energetic Storm lead the Steelers aftr the first period in last weekend's game. In p2, Thompson implements a very effective Plan B and Steelers score 4 goals and win the game.

Excellent results also tonight from our immediate rivals....both Panthers and Giants win their games comfortably.

Early days but a dissappointing start. It was going to be tough on the road but looks like the Devils just couldn't capitalise on Storm when they were tiring. Good result for the Storm.
Unfortunately the pre-season is over now and these games count in all competitions.

Rabbitohs4 said:
Dont tell me lord dont know the lines already??
He has had 4 weeks 5 games...

Sort it now please
I did wonder when we were signing players where they all fitted in and it seems Lord didn't really know either at the moment. Said it before, but he's signed good players, but they're not a team.

jenks33

ASHIPP said:
A very energetic Storm lead the Steelers aftr the first period in last weekend's game. In p2, Thompson implements a very effective Plan B and Steelers score 4 goals and win the game.

Excellent results also tonight from our immediate rivals....both Panthers and Giants win their games comfortably.

Early days but a dissappointing start. It was going to be tough on the road but looks like the Devils just couldn't capitalise on Storm when they were tiring. Good result for the Storm.
Unfortunately the pre-season is over now and these games count in all competitions.
My thoughts exactly. I feel our title challengers would have found a way to win tonight. Let's be honest we were playing a team that probably won't finish in the top 7 and by the sounds of it we didn't really turn up. First competitive game of the season we should have been bouncing off the walls. We've had 7 pre season games so I'm not having rustiness as an excuse. Without meaning to sound too dramatic I think our start is important for Lordo after last seasons capitulation. I think he'll be gutted tonight

Devil94

Disappointing to lose yes, and sounds like not a very good performance. But going into that Manchester rink is not easy at all especially with the team they've built there. Lucky it was challenge cup, good chance to put it right tomorrow evening.