STUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!

whoop whoop Stuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu....

Que being questioned by Cov fans again at next years playoffs why we were boooing our own player, i prompltly replied we weren't booing we were stuuuuuuuuing!lol.

Great signing. Season looking good.

#inGwetrustandfanimal

I remember after last seasons Blaze pre-season game i said on here that he that he was one of the standout new imports, somebody on here said he was the worst player on the ice :lol: very good player, welcome back Stuuuuuuuu!!!!

Gazza272

Adds a different slant to Jon Pelle leaving this imo. But I guess thats for another thread :lol:

Good choice of captain, good to have more continuity for next season. Good to have a close to 90 points, point scorer on the team.

Well done G And Franny :D

Koop11

Quite simply, the biggest signing so far. Underrated at the start of the last season and ended up being the most influential forward on the ice by the end of the year. With losing big players like Weller, Finnerty and Sir Tylor, this made the signing of Captain Stuuuuu even more important.

A leader on the ice, a heads player with great vision and someone who can find the net. A true professional. I'm delighted. Great start to my long weekend.

Welcome back Stu. Same again please, and some.

Gazza272 said:
Adds a different slant to Jon Pelle leaving this imo. But I guess thats for another thread :lol:
Thought exactly the same when I saw this signing. Has there been any other comment from anyone about why Pelle left apart from that rather mysterious tweet from him?

Fantastic re-signing for the Devils. Do you expect him to continue to play on your "3rd line" after the success he has last year with his line mates or will be step up to the 1st or 2nd line as he is now signing as one of your "star players" persumably on a higher wage?

Thread starter #32
I dont think it is a question of lines to be honest.
All the players seemed to buy into the system and there was hardly any movement on the lines except for voths injury.
If all the players do the same again no worries.
Also he seemed to work well with Sam Smith add a player with the grit of Tyler and dont think it will matter what line he is on total class!!

DevilDom

J.B said:
Gazza272 said:
Thought exactly the same when I saw this signing. Has there been any other comment from anyone about why Pelle left apart from that rather mysterious tweet from him?

Fantastic re-signing for the Devils. Do you expect him to continue to play on your "3rd line" after the success he has last year with his line mates or will be step up to the 1st or 2nd line as he is now signing as one of your "star players" persumably on a higher wage?
I would say he would play on the 2nd line but could also possibly play on the 1st. I think he was the best 3rd line centre in the league last year so deserves to be moved up. Saying that, I agree with Qweeb - I wouldn't mind trying to recreate the make up of that 3rd line with Sam Smith and a player similar to Tylor, possibly Pprich.

ASHIPP

Awesome, awesome AWESOME :D For me, this is THE signing of the season. All the players joining the roster are very important - Stuu was critical both as Captain and his all-round skill. :cool:

Stu - the Inferno is rocking with the news of your return......just imagine what the BBT is going to be like for the first match! :lol:

G and Franny doing a great job of recruitment. Like they said, patience is the key. ;) :cool:

ASHIPP

Can always rely on that idiot Simms to try to be negative about Devils on his Twitter. :evil: Is he annoyed that our awesome centreman and new Captain finished in the top 7 scorers last season as part of that Devils WORLD RECORD breaking team?
Justification for not being impressed Simmsey? Remind us all where the current Steelers' players figured in the scoring table last year? :roll: Or perhaps he's just worried after watching Chris Frank on You Tube! :lol:
As for predicting the 'end of the VothMeister' - is he stirring again?

TheStub

I always love the quote from a Red Wings forward (forget which one) - "we have 4 lines, but I don't think anyone has bothered to number them".

That was us last year - we had the skill line, the physical/agitator line, and the energy line. 1st, 2nd, 3rd - why count.

Stu is an energy player, that finds the great pass, wins the draws and makes the smart plays. Awesome set-up guy, and once he actually found the back of the net himself a great nose for goal. He just needs tempo players with an eye for the empty spaces to play with.

kettdevil1

Is it too much to hope that Matzka will be next...?

Brilliant news, great to see him back and all of a sudden everyone is so much more optimistic about life.