Summer Hockey - Rec teams, fixtures & news...

Score did not reflect on the performance, Hounds started off brilliantly but not goals from it, a couple of goals from the ice hawks set out heads down and a double figure deficit. Roll on next season, Look forward to next season Hounds, Unlucky Fellas

Cookies_naughtyboy said:
Score did not reflect on the performance, Hounds started off brilliantly but not goals from it, a couple of goals from the ice hawks set out heads down and a double figure deficit. Roll on next season, Look forward to next season Hounds, Unlucky Fellas
Also thanks to all who attended, its much appreciated

Cardiff Titans made it 13 wins from 13 away to an import filled Peterborough side. Titans were missing Slovaks rimko, valecko, bialko and mankos but came away with a 6-3 win. With both the league and European trophies in the cupboard, the Titans will be going for the grandslam when the play-offs begin in 2 weeks. Next game is home v peterborough on Saturday 30th July 4.15pm. Entry is free.

Cardiff Titans play their final league game of the campaign on Saturday against Peterborough, 4.30pm in Cardiff. After a close 6-3 win last week, the game should be a close encounter. Peterborough need a win to make the play-offs and the Titans want to win to finish the league campaign with a perfect record. With only one home play-off game (date TBC), this could be the last time to see Slovaks Holecko and Valecko who look certain to be icing in the Elite League for the 2011/12 season.

After the Titans game there is a junior series involving teams from cardiff, Sheffield, and New York.

Apologies Kipper. I didn't log on and see your post. Titans game went ahead with the TItans winning 9-6 (or maybe 9-7). It means the league was won with a 16-0 record. Titans play Swindon in a home and away play-off semi final in what is likely to be the last Titan games for Edinburgh bound Slovaks Holecko and Valecko. Dates are TBC.

Another great game to watch - very tight in the first two periods and then fireworks at the end. Good job Titans! Will defo try and make your last game.

Mooney#16

Probably our worst game of the year. Didn't play well at all.

However play off dates are out and we're at home to swindon next saturday with the return leg the following sunday. Finals day is then in swindon on 21st August. Believe Chelmsford beat swindon 14-6 on saturday so Chelmo look the form team going in. Three good rec teams in it and of course its play off hockey so its all a little more intense. Everyone is more than welcome to start your hockey season a little early and get behind the Titans for what will hopefully be a successful play off campaign.

1st leg of the Semi-Final is confirmed for Saturday 6th August, 9pm in Cardiff. Swindon have a few imports and several ex-EPL players. The last meeting saw the Titans come from 5-1 down to get a 9-8 OT win. This game is generally considered to have the biggest rivalry in UK rec hockey.

It will be the last time to see Elite League bound players Tomas Valecko and Peter Holecko play in Cardiff for free as the next time they will be wearing Edinburgh Capitals jerseys.

9pm is a late start isn't it?
i would have come had it been 8, but won't be able to as there's no trains home after a 9pm faceoff.

Wish the Titans all the best anyway!

Aberdare_Devil said:
9pm is a late start isn't it?
i would have come had it been 8, but won't be able to as there's no trains home after a 9pm faceoff.

Wish the Titans all the best anyway!
these are the joys of rec!

D

Deleted member 1337

i might have come if it was half eight but i am going to london early on sunday anyway so might not have come anyway