Summit: Jerseys

Hedd Wyn John

The arms don’t look great with all the sponsors badges. For the screen printed jersey itself, I’d much prefer to have a “clean, fans” jersey, without any advertising. I get the need for the team to advertise sponsors but after forking out £60 or whatever it is, I’ve never particularly liked the thought of being a walking advertising billboard and paying for that privilege! Ad free jerseys would look fantastic for fans to wear and sponsors would be kept happy by the tv/media exposure of the team still wearing the ads on their shirts. Just a thought, it’ll never happen though!
A fan raised this with Todd around a year ago. Basically if the fans want an add free Jersey they'll have to raise a sum in the tens of thousands to go to the club to offset the lost advertising revenue.

James

Administrator
It has to be the first time that the black jersey is my least favorite. Not really a fan at all. I've not particularly liked the last few years jerseys though, but as long as they win stuff in them, thats all that matters. In regard to the sponsors down the sleeve, it is at least more subtle than 10 years or so ago when they started to plaster the jersey with adverts.

Paul Sullivan

Saw these in the flesh today. Was very impressed, and I've always been a huge 'cut and sew' acolyte. The crested logo, names and numbers really pop and add something to what would be just another sublimated jersey otherwise.

The black is far and away the best for my taste - partially as I love the black, partially as it has the skyline (I've never understood why some teams make a jersey with the design limitations of a cut and sew when it's sublimated), and also because the sleeve logos have no border, so they look much slicker on the black but the other jerseys are also very nice imho.

Also as the guy who has to write down the penalty info, numbers on the shoulder are a gift from the Hockey Gods :D

Irrespective of jerseys, in my mind anything at all that gives the players an edge - be it a practical or merely a psychological one, of a fraction of a % - I'm all in favour of.

ASHIPP

NHL have been using this style for years....if it improves player performance because of comfort and space, I am all for it.

As for the replica jerseys - would imagine it is becoming increasingly expensive to produce sewing on the growing number of sponsorship patches. Part-sewn is a good compromise v price with 3 designs to choose from. Can still clearly display your fave player's name and number.l