Supporters club reincarnation version 666

Foxy

Earnie said:
It still does not explain why all these Red Army things were created at the expense of trying to kick CDSL into touch? Again I say , was it the control of money?
I really cant see any other reason for it. Being the only organisation under the new umbrella which would have been protected by its status as a limited company why have they been singled out for new terms and conditions whereas the inferno and travel etc seem to be unaware of these conditions.

James

Administrator
Foxy said:
Earnie said:
It still does not explain why all these Red Army things were created at the expense of trying to kick CDSL into touch? Again I say , was it the control of money?
I really cant see any other reason for it. Being the only organisation under the new umbrella which would have been protected by its status as a limited company why have they been singled out for new terms and conditions whereas the inferno and travel etc seem to be unaware of these conditions.
Once again I don't want to speak out of turn but that is absolutely not the case. The new supporters club may or may not choose to go down the ltd company route (a lot of the other supporters clubs in the league aren't) I don't know but it will be the choice of the supporters club not the Devils.

So if you want to be involved with the "Stakeholders" Group you have to be involved in the "Official" supporters Club....is that right?

Personally, I can't see what is wrong with an "unofficial" Supporters Group. As long as that group is for the benefit of Devils fans who want to support the team and the organisation as a whole.....what is the problem?

Let PR have his "official" Supporters club and stakeholders group. So he wouldn't recognise an unofficial SC? More fool him IMHO.

He will probably find that the "unofficial" SC is better run than his own (years of experience), have umpteen years of contacts with other teams and would be of more benefit to the organisation than any new SC.

Just my humble opinion of course.

Ultimately....if PR does not recognise an "unofficial" SC...who is it actually harming?

Chris

Administrator
So if you want to be involved with the "Stakeholders" Group you have to be involved in the "Official" supporters Club....is that right?
No.

We (The-Inferno) are represented at the stakeholders group but we have nothing to do with the supporters club.

I'd have though it is the same for Red Army Travel and several of the other people who attend the stakeholder meetings.

The new supporters club has its own committee and people who are organising events across the summer and beyond. I can't find the link on the Devils website for who those people are, but a quick search through the press releases should dig the article up.

Foxy

James said:
Foxy said:
Earnie said:
Once again I don't want to speak out of turn but that is absolutely not the case. The new supporters club may or may not choose to go down the ltd company route (a lot of the other supporters clubs in the league aren't) I don't know but it will be the choice of the supporters club not the Devils.
Then more fool the new supporters club. The club was was made into a ltd company for good solid legal reasons. I suggest the new committee members look into exactly what they could be liable for.

Chris said:
No.

We (The-Inferno) are represented at the stakeholders group but we have nothing to do with the supporters club.

I'd have though it is the same for Red Army Travel and several of the other people who attend the stakeholder meetings.

The new supporters club has its own committee and people who are organising events across the summer and beyond. I can't find the link on the Devils website for who those people are, but a quick search through the press releases should dig the article up.
OK...thanks James

I think I can see where this is going now.

Just interesting that there will soon be a meeting of the now "unofficial" supporters group due in main to the onerous nature of the terms and conditions they would have had to agree to for them to have become the Devils' "official" supporters club and therefore become part of the stakeholders group.

I'd love to know what those T&C's were?

Think I'll leave it there though and concentrate on the "on ice" issues. I'm sure all parties have the best interest of the Devils at heart. Would be good to be able to bring all parties together in a manner that is acceptable to all. Seems from the posts on this thread that is unlikely though.

Sliput

Okay, I think I understand this now...(or could be completely wrong :lol: )

There is an 'Official' Red army supporters club (or will be soon) that is okayed by PR and has a voice at the stakeholders meeting .

There is an 'unofficial' Red army supporters club that didn't agree with PR's terms so are now unofficial.

The Inferno is not attached to either supporters club and has a representative at the stakeholders meeting.

Red army travel is independent to anything ? or is it attached to the unofficial SC or will be attached to the new official SC ??

My own personal view is I don't intend joining any SC whatsoever but just wanted to know how it all works. Is the above right/wrong/pleading the 5th ?? :D

Gazza272

So outside of keeping themselves separate for liability of money reasons, what will/has the supporters club gained from being independent?

James said:
Correct. Red Army Travel will be able to tell you where they stand on independence from the the supporters club.
That's right we are independent from the supporters club and will remain to be part of the stakeholders group.That has been the same since all groups were brought together with the intention to help the club.Nothing has changed on that count since the stakeholders group's inception.

Finny

Tyke Devil said:
Let PR have his "official" Supporters club and stakeholders group. So he wouldn't recognise an unofficial SC? More fool him IMHO.

He will probably find that the "unofficial" SC is better run than his own (years of experience), have umpteen years of contacts with other teams and would be of more benefit to the organisation than any new SC.
I doubt that very much, especially as some of the people in the new Supporters Club already have lots of experience?

If two supporters clubs events are arranged and one will have players attending and one won't - which do you think will be more popular?

Perhaps I'm missing something but I really don't get what some people are getting so worked up over. Certain people are so used to controversy they are desperate to find something to worry/moan about every summer.

Skippy

Finny said:
Perhaps I'm missing something but I really don't get what some people are getting so worked up over. Certain people are so used to controversy they are desperate to find something to worry/moan about every summer.
Spot on there

voth26

jodysstillagirlsname said:
voth26 said:
Same old same old, have the discussions by all means but why does it seem that its the same posters who continually post negative things about situations that aren't relevant to them as a person, about the team and the devils management and uncle tom as well, why cant we just support the team. G and franny on paper have signed a great looking team for this season with im sure another 3 top notch players to arrive, this has the potential to be the most exciting and hopefully rewarding season for a long time

Could turn that around, same old posters posting positive things, trying to get the point over it is a forum not a fan message board

Totally agree, great signings etc etc etc I also did that before last season and the 12 seasons before that

Do I detect a touch of sarcasm in your reply!!! :DWD oh and ive done it for the last 17/18 seasons, and im not trying to get a point over it was an observation on the amount of negative posts

osh

voth26 said:
jodysstillagirlsname said:
voth26 said:
Same old same old, have the discussions by all means but why does it seem that its the same posters who continually post negative things about situations that aren't relevant to them as a person, about the team and the devils management and uncle tom as well, why cant we just support the team. G and franny on paper have signed a great looking team for this season with im sure another 3 top notch players to arrive, this has the potential to be the most exciting and hopefully rewarding season for a long time

Could turn that around, same old posters posting positive things, trying to get the point over it is a forum not a fan message board

Totally agree, great signings etc etc etc I also did that before last season and the 12 seasons before that

Do I detect a touch of sarcasm in your reply!!! :DWD oh and ive done it for the last 17/18 seasons, and im not trying to get a point over it was an observation on the amount of negative posts

Oooh Vother 26, more than a touch of sarcasm from yourself I'd say :eek: ;)

Earnie

The new supporters club is CDRA - Cardiff Devils Red Army. Got an email from B.Pope concerning transfer of my info from CDSL to CDRA

voth26

I have a question can i just turn up pay for my tickets and watch a game of ice hockey?? answers on a post card if you can help ;)