Supporters club reincarnation version 666

davew

So if the club want "a new supporters club should be set up which was independent of the existing stakeholder group and its members" why are they saying in the next part of the same sentence " The new supporters club will become a member of the Red Army Stakeholder Group"

CDSL is/was fully independant of the ownership of the club.

On another thread someone takes issue with discount for supporters club members on away travel, as RA travel are not for profit. CDSL was also not for profit and ALWAYS offered a discount even if the trip was loss making.....

Sheincar

RASC/RASG

As posted by Budgie on the Scottish trip thread:
As said before the Red Army Travel is independently run to provide good value travel to the fans and the added bonus of being able to sponsor players!
If you selfish people get a discount, Red Army Travel will not be able to sponsor players!
If however the Devils organise a trip then discount would be appropriate due to the links to the groups.

Please wise up and shut up about discounted travel with the Red Army Travel :(

By the way I am not linked the the gentlemen who run this group and in fact never had the pleasure of talking with them, but I do appreciate what they do and what they are trying to achieve! They :RAWK

I have no issues with John & Luke who do a fantastic job even though I don't often travel with them & I am not a member of the supporters club therefore I am hardly being selfish. In addition my comments weren't personal attacks on either of them. However I do expect the people who did join to receive the benefits promised to them on joining - one of which was discounted travel. John has said the leaflet was issued before being agreed & whilst I have sympathy for him the supporters club members don't know that. Nothing has been issued by RASC/RASG outlining any changes to the benefits of membership therefore they must all still apply. So how ever personal Budgie wants to make their attack on me my questions were raised for other people's benefit not my own.

wildthing74

Sheila you say you are not a member of the supporters club plus you don't travel with Red Army Travel yet your posts are coming across as mischief making at minimum.
I answered your points about pick ups and have confirmed we will offer discount on selected trips through the season so why is this still ongoing?
It's the off season and we are working really hard to get all these trips together I am really confused as to your concerns to be honest.
As per the Devils release the new supporters group are taking on the role of transferring the benefits that the members will get.Maybe just see what happens eh as there are approximately 10 weeks left before the season starts.
So who shall we blame for the benefits getting printed before they were agreed.Not fans fault,not ours but things will be honoured from our end.

Sheincar

wildthing74 said:
Sheila you say you are not a member of the supporters club plus you don't travel with Red Army Travel yet your posts are coming across as mischief making at minimum.
I answered your points about pick ups and have confirmed we will offer discount on selected trips through the season so why is this still ongoing?
It's the off season and we are working really hard to get all these trips together I am really confused as to your concerns to be honest.
As per the Devils release the new supporters group are taking on the role of transferring the benefits that the members will get.Maybe just see what happens eh as there are approximately 10 weeks left before the season starts.
So who shall we blame for the benefits getting printed before they were agreed.Not fans fault,not ours but things will be honoured from our end.
Because someone was horrified at my temerity to query a discount in the face of all the good works being done by you guys when it's something that was promised to members. TBH if members don't get what's promised I no longer care.

wildthing74

Can't win :roll: Members will get discount from us but Scotland trip is same price for everybody or we lose a tonne of money for providing a service otherwise it will cost £25 for every person going.
If your issue is about promised discounts why no other discounts mentioned apart from travel then?
If you want answers it's not hard to find out who set the benefits package up and ask them if he/she checked that members would get what he/she promised?
Again we are going to be offering members discount during the season.

Sheincar

wildthing74 said:
Can't win :roll: Members will get discount from us but Scotland trip is same price for everybody or we lose a tonne of money for providing a service otherwise it will cost £25 for every person going.
If your issue is about promised discounts why no other discounts mentioned apart from travel then?
If you want answers it's not hard to find out who set the benefits package up and ask them if he/she checked that members would get what he/she promised?
Again we are going to be offering members discount during the season.
Because you're already planning a trip for which discount not mentioned & because I suspect there's no point in asking on here how much the discount is from CH or whether it's only on specific things.

Have Hope#35

There's just no pleasing some people... Everyone want's something for nothing these days! We make 2 Signings today and people are still more obsessed on stirring... Very, very Boring! :DWD

drainage

Finny said:
Did I miss the announcement that said RedArmyTravel were doing discounts?
To be fair when not "affiliated" to any business club/supporters group Jon and Luke occasionally ran discounted trips to get fans away supporting the team. There is always a raffle/bingo etc to generate funds that allow them to do this

I think there is a hope/desire to offer something to generate away support but not yet fully planned/agreed

But as already booked Belfast signed up for Scotland and waiting for Hull to be sorted I guess it doesn't bother me one way or another !!

Love the trips have met some fantastic people and had great fun on them ...... Love the ones with overnight stays and will continue to book !

PS not averse to Luke or Jon buying me a pint rather than discount :D :D :D

Finny

Imagine said:
It was mentioned as a benefit of being a member of Red Army Supporters.
Prematurely from what John has said.
But Red Army Travel aren't the official travel providers of Red Army Supporters are they?

wildthing74

Finny said:
Imagine said:
It was mentioned as a benefit of being a member of Red Army Supporters.
Prematurely from what John has said.
But Red Army Travel aren't the official travel providers of Red Army Supporters are they?
Exactly and we don't charge to be a member either.Without Red Army Travel there would be no organised away travel and that was the case for many years.
I'm done on this thread.

Sliput

phil PLT said:
God, what is it with Devils fans :oops: just sit back and enjoy the hockey without all this political rubbish :DWD
Totally agree Phil.

Some people can moan for Wales on here !!!!

Jon and Luke do a fantastic job organizing things for everyone and yet some still find it necessary to find something to pick at :eek: