Take a moment and think.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter #1
Over the past months I have watched, read and listened to the vast opinions of the rights and wrongs of the Cardiff Devils. The dirty washing thrown out for everyone to see. People picking over this washing like vultures over a carcass. This post is not about who is at fault but about the cost of people's actions. There will always be two sides to a story, a reason behind decisions that only that person knows about. No one can ever be party to every story or decision, of cause people will have an opinion on those stories and decisions but is that based on fact, actual facts or is it based on the never ending tweets, posts of snipits that has been through the Chinese whisper system multiple times. Human nature is what it is so facts become distorted, embellished and spun round and out comes the dirty washing. I am a Cardiff Devils fan and have been for twenty five years and my son played for the juniors. I have always be proud to be a Cardiff Devils fan but sadly I am doubting this at the moment...... But not for the reasons you may think. We are all adults and each and everyone of us makes decisions about how we behave. How we engage with others around us. Social media has opened up the world but it has also opened up a world of hate, aggressiveness, viciousness, herd mentality. How would we feel if our child was on the receiving end of 100s people shouting that they were hated? ........... Our child thankfully isn't on the receiving end of that, but they are seeing it, they are seeing adults behaving in such inappropriate ways and dare I say bullying ways..... I for one do not what this taught to my son from an environment that I have always been proud and comfortable to be in.......the Cardiff Devils. I understand that many people are unhappy with the club and if this is so please address this with them in private, please please do not allow behaviour and opinions to destroy friendships within the fan base. Can two fans sit together as they have always done with two opposing views? I would hope so, but how does the fan feel who does not want to protest or join in on the negative twitter trail? How do they feel when they are ridiculed for posting something positive? Is the worry about having to walk through the protest leading them to not attend the game?
We are now and always responsible for our behaviour and the examples we set to the people around us......

blk2hockeymum said:
Over the past months I have watched, read and listened to the vast opinions of the rights and wrongs of the Cardiff Devils. The dirty washing thrown out for everyone to see. People picking over this washing like vultures over a carcass. This post is not about who is at fault but about the cost of people's actions. There will always be two sides to a story, a reason behind decisions that only that person knows about. No one can ever be party to every story or decision, of cause people will have an opinion on those stories and decisions but is that based on fact, actual facts or is it based on the never ending tweets, posts of snipits that has been through the Chinese whisper system multiple times. Human nature is what it is so facts become distorted, embellished and spun round and out comes the dirty washing. I am a Cardiff Devils fan and have been for twenty five years and my son played for the juniors. I have always be proud to be a Cardiff Devils fan but sadly I am doubting this at the moment...... But not for the reasons you may think. We are all adults and each and everyone of us makes decisions about how we behave. How we engage with others around us. Social media has opened up the world but it has also opened up a world of hate, aggressiveness, viciousness, herd mentality. How would we feel if our child was on the receiving end of 100s people shouting that they were hated? ........... Our child thankfully isn't on the receiving end of that, but they are seeing it, they are seeing adults behaving in such inappropriate ways and dare I say bullying ways..... I for one do not what this taught to my son from an environment that I have always been proud and comfortable to be in.......the Cardiff Devils. I understand that many people are unhappy with the club and if this is so please address this with them in private, please please do not allow behaviour and opinions to destroy friendships within the fan base. Can two fans sit together as they have always done with two opposing views? I would hope so, but how does the fan feel who does not want to protest or join in on the negative twitter trail? How do they feel when they are ridiculed for posting something positive? Is the worry about having to walk through the protest leading them to not attend the game?
We are now and always responsible for our behaviour and the examples we set to the people around us......
Very, very well said.

Marty said:
blk2hockeymum said:
Very, very well said.
Seconded.

Marty said:
blk2hockeymum said:
Very, very well said.
I agree, excellent post.

Wow, what a superb post, you've just said exactly what I want to say to the militants. Time to call off the protest guys, your ripping our fanbase apart. Lets get through the season together supporting our team and then take stock please. Now really isn't the time.

Welshy74

blk2hockeymum said:
Couldnt agree more

You are correct, adults are behaving in inappropriate ways - that is exactly why people are protesting against Brent!!
As far as I and many other are concerned Brent has brought the '100s of people shouting hatred' on himself, yes it's not nice if your child had to deal with that but surely it's worse if your child was treated the way a certain portion of the player are being treated at the moment for absolutely no reason! If you are worried to cross the protest that is your own issue, the protest is not about fans who want to watch the games it's about Brent and his disgusting treatment of the players!!

What has give people the impression that the protest will be anything other than a peaceful one from 100+ fans, many also intend to attend the game afterwards. Why are the ones that want to stand up and voice an opinion now being vilified as aggressive, vicious, childish, militants?

How do you expect them to take up there issue direct with the club when the management deny they even exist?

Why is it the people that are standing up that are ripping the fan base apart and not the two that are making them feel so strongly about what has gone on?

steve

Can i politely ask that this thread be treated for what it is - a request for people to think, and not necessarily one for people to respond.

Points have been raised very eloquently, and the opinion is a fair one. Let's not start another debate here over who's opinion is right or wrong, i think what the poster wants more than anything is simply for us all to think about how we phrase our arguments - not to start a new one. Thanks.

jimmy snels

Reg24 said:
As far as I and many other are concerned Brent has brought the '100s of people shouting hatred' on himself, yes it's not nice if your child had to deal with that but surely it's worse if your child was treated the way a certain portion of the player are being treated at the moment for absolutely no reason! If you are worried to cross the protest that is your own issue, the protest is not about fans who want to watch the games it's about Brent and his disgusting treatment of the players!!
How do you KNOW this? That players are being mis treated I mean? Who has told you this?

You don't think that the fans who see fit to protest over the shameful behaviour of the management have sat and thought why they are making a stand?! Or whether a spefic group of players on the current team have sat and thought about their future and whether they are next to lose their jobs for doing nothing but being loyal and giving their all for the club.I am not saying that anyone ones opinion is right or wrong, I am simply putting my point forward as the original poster has had their chance to.

Status
Not open for further replies.