Tatra Cup

NathanG

Can anyone recommend games for me to attend this week and the coming weekend? The website I look at for hockey fixtures is Flashscore. I'm aware that there's a few games being played in Czech and Switzerland although I'd like to avoid the latter due to the price of a pint there.

Kevlar68

How are you going to navigate the borders? Will you need tests for in and out of each country? I know Lausanne are not allowing visiting fans to their warm up games.

NathanG

How are you going to navigate the borders? Will you need tests for in and out of each country? I know Lausanne are not allowing visiting fans to their warm up games.
Land borders are fine in the EU. I couldn't fly into Slovakia so I was going to go through Poland instead.

As it stands now, there's a couple of Polish games I've got lined up. Then it's on to the Czech Republic or Switzerland for the weekend. I want aware of the Lausanne restrictions on fans. Thank you for making me aware of that as I was just about to purchase a ticket for one of their games.

kettdevil1

Land borders are fine in the EU. I couldn't fly into Slovakia so I was going to go through Poland instead.

As it stands now, there's a couple of Polish games I've got lined up. Then it's on to the Czech Republic or Switzerland for the weekend. I want aware of the Lausanne restrictions on fans. Thank you for making me aware of that as I was just about to purchase a ticket for one of their games.
I can’t see this info on the website, it would be useful to have it confirmed as clearly it could have CHL implications. Good luck Nathan with your travels!

Kevlar68

if needs must i'm sure they could knock up something behind closed doors with someone in a double header as to late to sell tickets off.
Must be other teams that would want warm up games.

jenks33

if needs must i'm sure they could knock up something behind closed doors with someone in a double header as to late to sell tickets off.
Must be other teams that would want warm up games.
Can’t see any of the EIHL teams being ready for a warm up game tho right?

august04 2.0

It’s not really surprising but for me, it’s absolutely ridiculous that the CHL starts in August. If it’s that prestigious a tournament, find proper room for it in the hockey schedule, not in the summer holidays when many teams will be ridiculously underprepared. The early start diminishes the tournament for me anyway.

NathanG

It’s not really surprising but for me, it’s absolutely ridiculous that the CHL starts in August. If it’s that prestigious a tournament, find proper room for it in the hockey schedule, not in the summer holidays when many teams will be ridiculously underprepared. The early start diminishes the tournament for me anyway.
This! Absolutely spot on! Surely the CHL would be a better spectacle if all teams that were competing were fully up to match fitness.

NathanG

I can’t see this info on the website, it would be useful to have it confirmed as clearly it could have CHL implications. Good luck Nathan with your travels!
Hey thank you. I'm drowning my sorrows this evening in Leicester Square. I will see a hockey game this week. I hope.

matbur

I really like the CHL and it's important that UK teams are seen to be participating and competitive in it, but it would be better if it was later in the season.

I'm no expert on European hockey but I do know that the SHL hasn't started yet and presume others won't start until autumn, just wonder why it does start so early? There must be a logical decision behind it as the competition as a whole does seem well thought out and put together.

Off-topic, but I'd love to see the KHL teams enter it. They'd likely dominate but it would be fantastic to see.