Taz Mania breaks out article

********DIRECT FROM TWITTER*********

@BrentPope04: @J_Digby @cardiffdeviltaz time, pressure, sensitivity and ignorance from a small minority within our fan base. It's upsetting really #sad

It would appear to me that Brent thinks the fans have overstepped the mark on a couple of occasons.I myself have been embarressed at times when a player is asked to skate forward to recieve a star award and is booed by the home fans.A fan having a go at Olsen and was it this season Domish thought he was spat at? Belfast came in for an awful lot of stick when leaving the Ice after one game this year with one fan screaming at Marsh not to shake Christiansens hand after the game.Marsh looked up and appeared not to be happy.Isolated incidents maybe but best nipped in the bud before they get out of hand.Not good for the younger fans to see..

KaneDevils

Wasn't sure what article you were referring to as I rarely read the Devils site.

Well, it's rather self explanatory isn't it? I bet someone on here could shed some more light?

Foxy

I think hes lost the plot.

We're no worse than any other club in the league yet their fan bases are not criticised by their management.

We had one isolated incident with Olsen and that was dealt with at the time. As it should have been.

He seems to be going out of his way this season to aggrevate fans.

rolf

Well at least he is doing something I suppose as director of hockey. Sticking up for the mascot is a start, however the furry ambassador never comes near where I stand, so I am unable to judge whther Taz is revered or ridiculed......

I suppose it is a matter of priorities, protect the mascot, then think about protecting the team. About the right order for me, happy mascot days folks.

Why not get the morphs to join taz then that would really upset the few
who disliked them as-well ?
a lot of the youngsters who go down enjoy following Taz around,
Morphs + Taz + Cheerleaders lets get them all in, :pickle

rolf

grinder said:
Why not get the morphs to join taz then that would really upset the few
who disliked them as-well ?
a lot of the youngsters who go down enjoy following Taz around,
Morphs + Taz + Cheerleaders lets get them all in, :pickle
Sadly I think we may have to pay the cheerladers the expenses we owe them to get them back,.........

However I am prepared to frock up for it and I'll try and persuade Kipper and Brian to join me. There's 3 for starters. Any more volunteers out there?

Hang on a minute, I think we'd look a lot nicer in them nice morph suits, that's it - ideal kids entertainment hahaha

osh

BBW said:
Taz has said on Twitter that it was just a bit of banter between him and Wilson.

Yeh I heard that as well, however, from a fans point of view, we wouldn't have known that this so called 'banter' was going on would we? So, when you see them line up for the pre match introductions and then see Wilson skate up behind 'Taz' and take his feet away causing him to fall backwards, it makes you think Wilson was being a right prat! And tbh that's just what he was, irrespective of the so called 'banter'.

Taz fell backwards and lay there for a good few seconds giving the impression that he had been hurt, and lets face it, what would we all be saying if he had actually been seriously hurt with a neck injury. I don't think Taz would be calling it banter for sure! Lessons learned I think. Taz, lay off this sort of 'banter' with the opposition and there won't be a problem with your home fans will there? ;)

Sheincar

BBW said:
Why is it that anybody having a harmless laugh is now criticised for it?

I think we need to lighten up.
As it turned out it was harmless but could very easily caused injury. As osh says it seemed Taz had been hurt hence the comments.

However the reaction by Danny Meyers to Taz the previous week was priceless. Thought Danny was going to have to change his shorts.

drainage

rolf said:
Well at least he is doing something I suppose as director of hockey. Sticking up for the mascot is a start, however the furry ambassador never comes near where I stand, so I am unable to judge whther Taz is revered or ridiculed......

I suppose it is a matter of priorities, protect the mascot, then think about protecting the team. About the right order for me, happy mascot days folks.
But having a go at fan base ?? No issue with him supporting team, Taz, BBT or even the hot dog seller but any need to seem to have a pop at the fans who to be fair pay wages seems a tad daft

No fans = no need for job for him

Sorry for me this was a stupid thing to do better ways to make a point

drainage

osh said:
BBW said:
Taz has said on Twitter that it was just a bit of banter between him and Wilson.

Yeh I heard that as well, however, from a fans point of view, we wouldn't have known that this so called 'banter' was going on would we? So, when you see them line up for the pre match introductions and then see Wilson skate up behind 'Taz' and take his feet away causing him to fall backwards, it makes you think Wilson was being a right prat! And tbh that's just what he was, irrespective of the so called 'banter'.

Taz fell backwards and lay there for a good few seconds giving the impression that he had been hurt, and lets face it, what would we all be saying if he had actually been seriously hurt with a neck injury. I don't think Taz would be calling it banter for sure! Lessons learned I think. Taz, lay off this sort of 'banter' with the opposition and there won't be a problem with your home fans will there? ;)
The article should have explained what happened .....clear up an confusion let anyone who may have over reacted apologise and draw a line under it

In my humble opinion

rolf

drainage said:
rolf said:

But having a go at fan base ?? No issue with him supporting team, Taz, BBT or even the hot dog seller but any need to seem to have a pop at the fans who to be fair pay wages seems a tad daft

No fans = no need for job for him

Sorry for me this was a stupid thing to do better ways to make a point
Missed the irony there buddy. As director of hockey I would really have hoped he had weightier matters on his mind than whether the mascot is feeling a bit unloved...................