Thank you Max

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ocko

Thread starter #162
But if he wants to chose his mate that's fine. Most people would, on ability alone as I said I'd have max back but Lord needs to go with what he is comfortable with.

Deeday said:
Not even worth my time responding to the other comments.
And yet you continue to do so. In a lot of your posts you say that you have your own opinion but why do you continue to challenge people on theirs ??

DevilDom

It is a shame that Max is a little unhappy about leaving but as i and many others have said that is pro sport and this happens. I know some people are also unhappy as he was a favorite but i know a lot more that think the time for him to move on was probably right. I'm also not sure why some are unhappy with the article on the Devils website. The fact it is there in the first place is enough and something that wouldn't have happened under the previous management.

It seems to be as though some people are trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill and the real shame here is that a thread thanking Max for his time with us has been turned into something else.

Wannabe2

The trouble with Max was, not only has he been a great player, but he is such a fantastic human being and people now feel like they have lost a member of there family, and it's a tribute to him that people feel that way. It was never all about the money with Max that's plainly obvious, and he wore the shirt with the same pride you once seen Mr Ivan Matulik portray, and people rightly took him to there hearts, as it's a rare trait these days. Myself I am gutted Max won't be on home ice this season, but unfortunately that's the decision that has been made. Think it would now be nice to pay our tributes to Max the Legend now, after all we all have a ton of fantastic memories that this great player gave us. Good luck Max in everything you do, Telford's Chrismas has certainly come early this year, lucky buggers. Max is still one of us, and will be for many many years we all know that, we have lost a great player, but will never lose a great friend.

True. Great memories.backed up with a great video tribute by eagle there. Just a shame it ended the way it did as he says in his post but that's that I guess. I just expected more from the club as a few others here and on his social media seem to agree clearly. I think he will shine in the EPL and no doubt he chose EPL as it benefits him more than going to another team in this league anyway.looking forward to seeing you play in Telford max.meanwhile I wish the devils all the best this season although I echo many when I say it won't be the same watching without the boom at all:(

voth26

Ok im getting a bit bored of this now if im honest, i like the majority of fans will miss max not on the ice, he was a loyal player for the devils, it will be strange not hearing his name called, he scored goals for us and put in his shifts, but if he had signed and had a poor season how many fans who at the moment are saying lord should have signed max would then be saying he should not have been signed by lord!!!!. sorry if its a bit blunt but couldnt really write my post any other way. im looking forward to a POSITIVE season of hockey with the Devils.

Deeday said:
True. Great memories.backed up with a great video tribute by eagle there. Just a shame it ended the way it did as he says in his post but that's that I guess. I just expected more from the club as a few others here and on his social media seem to agree clearly. I think he will shine in the EPL and no doubt he chose EPL as it benefits him more than going to another team in this league anyway.looking forward to seeing you play in Telford max.meanwhile I wish the devils all the best this season although I echo many when I say it won't be the same watching without the boom at all:(
We get it. Some others agree with you. Some others disagree as well. It's the point of opinion. Please add something to the topic as we are all repeating ourselves over and over again responding to your repetitive posts.

I too am sorry to see Max leave, and even more sorry if he is upset. Perhaps his taking up of an import slot is the problem, and had he been British, this situation would not have arisen.

Good point Miriam. Nice to have a new point brought to the discussion:) why couldn't you have done that Danhall?! :) :lol:
That south park picture is funny :lol:

There were always going to be changes for next season and I would much rather see Max move on during the off season than see him gassed mid season if things didn't work out.Max was always going to be upset whenever this happened as he has been a big part of our team for so long.It is better to celebrate our memories of Max's superb performances for us than guess at the reasons he hasn't been offered a new contract.

mazza03

miriam said:
I too am sorry to see Max leave, and even more sorry if he is upset. Perhaps his taking up of an import slot is the problem, and had he been British, this situation would not have arisen.
The voice of reason, hallelujah :Banana :Banana

Deeday said:
Good point Miriam. Nice to have a new point brought to the discussion:) why couldn't you have done that Danhall?! :) :lol:
That south park picture is funny :lol:
Read my earlier posts for my opinions on the matter. It doesn't surprise me that with your Max tinted specs on you didn't see them as you seem to ignore every attempt by anyone to debate you and just keep quoting others who vaguely agree with something you have said.

Deeday, over 90.00% of your total posts on the forum have been on this thread alone :? Just wonder what your thoughts are on the previous organisation and how they treated players like Stevie Lyle, Phil Osaer, Phil Cook, Joe Myers, Phil Hill, Chris Blight and Dan Lacosta to name just a few, as you would appear not to be so bothered going by your lack of posts on these.
It's really sad that the title of this thread has been taken so far off topic, but I suggest you are the one to blame for that.

ASHIPP

jimmy snels said:
Said similar earlier. Max was a great player on his day. Those days were not as often anymore. He became injury prone. We've got a load of hard hitters (allegedly his biggest asset to most- not convinced they came often enough last few years), jakes won lots of pen shoot outs offering a good option, is small and quick offering a different alternative. Squad balance key for me. Lords decision and he chose to part. I find it interesting people say 8 years but he left us after his best season chasing the money. Where as voth stayed making him a genuine legend to most fans. I know numerous fans who were happy to see a big squad turn over after a shocking season, I'm glad personally we've made these changes
Max was a good player but there have been much more consistent ones. In professional sport and business, decisions are are made on effectiveness and not sentiment. Tough but true. A new ownership/management will make changes. Its their perrogative. No-one should expect to retained.
As for the term 'legend' it's a word used far too freely IMHO. That word is reserved for those names on the jerseys hanging from the rafters of the BBT.....and the next one to join them No.26.

KaneDevils

The legendary status can also be subjective. To some, Max perhaps isn't a legend, to others, including myself, he is.

I also struggle to see how the write up on the Devils site is judged to be enough after all the years he's given us. Not a mention of games played, point production/PIM, personal achievements, team honours or anything of the such. Too lame for me personally. Just my opinion though.

jimmy snels

ASHIPP said:
jimmy snels said:
Said similar earlier. Max was a great player on his day. Those days were not as often anymore. He became injury prone. We've got a load of hard hitters (allegedly his biggest asset to most- not convinced they came often enough last few years), jakes won lots of pen shoot outs offering a good option, is small and quick offering a different alternative. Squad balance key for me. Lords decision and he chose to part. I find it interesting people say 8 years but he left us after his best season chasing the money. Where as voth stayed making him a genuine legend to most fans. I know numerous fans who were happy to see a big squad turn over after a shocking season, I'm glad personally we've made these changes
Max was a good player but there have been much more consistent ones. In professional sport and business, decisions are are made on effectiveness and not sentiment. Tough but true. A new ownership/management will make changes. Its their perrogative. No-one should expect to retained.
As for the term 'legend' it's a word used far too freely IMHO. That word is reserved for those names on the jerseys hanging from the rafters of the BBT.....and the next one to join them No.26.
Yep for me voth brought something every night setting him apart as a legend as opposed to great player for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.