The Evil that is the 2013/14 Rumours thread

Temme

heard an unsettling whisper today:

Andrew Lord is rumoured to be slightly unhappy with the Doyle situation (it appears there maybe a little more to it than meets the eye...)

And with this (apparently) Blight and faulkner will also be on their way should Lord not go through with his signing.

Whether there's any truth in this or not i don't know. Seems a little over-dramatic and a little too bad to be true in my opinion!

Also:
http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/ice-hock ... -1-5800427

Tylor on his way to Sønderjyske in Denmark maybe??

And does this article suggest that Doyle maybe targeted by Sheffield?? (Surely the Devils can stop this...)

Welshy74

Temme said:

Andrew Lord is rumoured to be slightly unhappy with the Doyle situation (it appears there maybe a little more to it than meets the eye...)

And with this (apparently) Blight and faulkner will also be on their way should Lord not go through with his signing.

Whether there's any truth in this or not i don't know. Seems a little over-dramatic and a little too bad to be true in my opinion!

Also:
http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/ice-hock ... -1-5800427

Tylor on his way to Sønderjyske in Denmark maybe??

:DWD

And does this article suggest that Doyle maybe targeted by Sheffield?? (Surely the Devils can stop this...)

Temme said:

Maybe this is something Brent can clarify during "coaches corner". I saw a link on twitter asking for questions, I do not have that link. Can someone submit this rumour to him please

Wannabe2 said:
This is a far better rumour, Lord stays, Doyle goes and gets replaced by a better nettie.
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS.
With a number of people thinking Doyle was possibly the best netminder to have signed over here, would be very surprised if we plucked a better nettie out of the water, unfortunately i think whoever we sign will be no better to what we had last season, which is a real shame as the brit pack is excellent, and with an out and out goal scorer and offensive D man added to the current squad, we were starting to shape up very nicely.

voth26

lord was signed before doyle wasn't he?, if that's the case lord's signing probably wasn't based on the devils signing frank doyle as they wouldn't have had any guarantee frank would put pen to paper!!, im beginning to think it aint going to be the season I thought it was going to be, especially if players such as blight, Faulkner, Lord do decide to leave. seemingly there is more to this uni thing than meets the eye and if it was the devils who cut the ties with CBS and not the other way round then that seems like pure madness, was Lord's deal on the basis of attending CBS? and perhaps this is why he's now possibly going to do what Doyle did and leave. This could turn out to be a typical devils off season as usual

ASHIPP

Surely the right thing is to get clarification on this before rumours descend into a negative spiral. No-one who really knows anything about this has posted any real details on here.

Perhaps best to persue it through Coaches Corner and wait to hear. Continuous negative speculation without really knowing anything isn't good for players or fans. It just ends up in even more depressing unsubstantiated discussion.

ASHIPP said:
Surely the right thing is to get clarification on this before rumours descend into a negative spiral. No-one who really knows anything about this has posted any real details on here.

Perhaps best to persue it through Coaches Corner and wait to hear. Continuous negative speculation without really knowing anything isn't good for players or fans. It just ends up in even more depressing unsubstantiated discussion.
Totally agree best to find out the truth, but that depends on any 'spin' the club may put out in answer to the genuine questions

Wannabe2

I have it on very good authority that Lord, Faulkner, and Blight are honouring there commitment, and that the Devils have a top Nettie on there radar. Rumours such as these that have no validity to them and do nothing but harm to the very club we all love. Theres some top guys being signed in the league so far, and we are up there with the best of them, and still a few to come. Can we please if we have any loyalty and passion for our club leave the malicious rumours that have no backing to them in the bin, and have a little faith in our superb coaching duo. Together we march forward with purpose, divided we harm the very thing that we all love.

Wannabe2 said:
I have it on very good authority that Lord, Faulkner, and Blight are honouring there commitment, and that the Devils have a top Nettie on there radar. Rumours such as these that have no validity to them and do nothing but harm to the very club we all love. Theres some top guys being signed in the league so far, and we are up there with the best of them, and still a few to come. Can we please if we have any loyalty and passion for our club leave the malicious rumours that have no backing to them in the bin, and have a little faith in our superb coaching duo. Together we march forward with purpose, divided we harm the very thing that we all love.
+1

Wannabe2

Just to follow up what I have already posted, I have today talked to Franny and this is what truthfully is happening, not rumour but Fact. Mac tweeted this after the Doyle decision to not come. Thank you to everyone for a great year. Great people in Cardiff and cant wait to get back at it in 8 weeks. Blight officially signed his contract after Doyle had left, and Lord emailed that I,m really excited to get things going, just the other day, again after Doyle had left. No-one else is affected by Doyles situation. These stupid incorrect rumours do not help our club one iota, we are in a very good situation at the moment, with more positive info to come. Now those are the words of one of our superb coaching duo, therefore can we please think before we post incorrect info. It may be raining outside, but in the Devils camp its feeling pretty warm.
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS.

Wannabe2

Wannabe2 said:
I have it on very good authority that Lord, Faulkner, and Blight are not affected, and that the Devils have a top Nettie on there radar. Rumours such as these that have no validity to them and do nothing but harm to the very club we all love. Theres some top guys being signed in the league so far, and we are up there with the best of them, and still a few to come. Can we please if we have any loyalty and passion for our club leave the malicious rumours that have no backing to them in the bin, and have a little faith in our superb coaching duo. Together we march forward with purpose, divided we harm the very thing that we all love.
This is a revised version, as my wording was a little misleading in the prior post.

Temme said:

You might be in real trouble then as i know for a fact that Plumton only signed as he wanted to try Faulkner's home made cheese cake. And Plumton is a great caracaturist and Ross only signed as he wanted an amusing sketch of himself driving a go-kart.

Sliput

ASHIPP said:

I appreciate what you are saying BUT....its just fans speculating on a ''rumour'' thread. The club should not have to quell any rumours on a fans internet site.

Also, lets be honest, if the club did deny anything was going regarding players unhappy/leaving , some folks on here would still say they were lying !!

The position , seem to be ,at the moment is that Doyle is no longer coming over and other signed players are staying put. If it changes then I am sure the club will announce it.

I

Finny

Every year we get rumours that players are suddenly unhappy and are all going to quit the club enmasse. Not sure it have ever happened (yet).

DevilDom

Sliput said:
ASHIPP said:

I appreciate what you are saying BUT....its just fans speculating on a ''rumour'' thread. The club should not have to quell any rumours on a fans internet site.

Also, lets be honest, if the club did deny anything was going regarding players unhappy/leaving , some folks on here would still say they were lying !!

The position , seem to be ,at the moment is that Doyle is no longer coming over and other signed players are staying put. If it changes then I am sure the club will announce it.

I
I would agree however with the Devils there are as many rumours that turn out to be true as those that don't. If the club can just nip it in the bud and say "this is completely untrue" then I don't see the harm in asking. Communication is afterall a two way process.

Temme

Hopefully there is no truth in this rumour, as I said in the initial post it seems a little too bad to be true, also as has been pointed out, players were signed before Doyle had signed and the order of events wouldn't add up to all signings being linked.

Merely posted the rumour as it was submitted to me by a second hand source that I consider trustable enough to relay it on here. It some random person had told it to me then I wouldn't have bothered.