The guessing game

Finny

Apparently Planet Ice didn't want to take over the Bison if too many of the players were then going to leave. Which is fair enough I guess.

Although as all players are on effectively 2 week contracts, I'm not sure how they can stop him for longer than 2 weeks.

Foxy said:
Finny said:
At the moment it would appear nowhere.

He has asked the Bison to be released of his contract.......but rumour is that the EIHL aren't allowing him to join the Panthers.
That seems a bit odd.

Cruickshank can leave and join sheffield but Richardson can't leave and join Nottingham :shock:
Cruickshank is a replacement for Gillies, so would take his salary, where-as Richardson would be in addition to the Nottingham roster and would easily push them over the cap.

Finny

Although I assumed it was because of the cap - it now appears that has nothing to do with the decision.

I'm guessing Cruickshank had already joined Sheffield before Planet Ice got involved in the takeover of the club.

steve

Foxy said:
NEP confirms that Richardson has signed for Panthers

Is there a thrid wage cap i've not heard about

Yeah, the only difference between the upper cap and the 'third' cap is the brown paper bag that gets sent to Elite towers every week. :twisted:

Ok it's been a bit quiet here the last couple of days so I'll chuck a wildcard entry in!

With Richardson signing for the panthers to play on defence, some of their fans (and myself) think it's likely that they'll sign an import defenceman and release an import forward, meaning Richardson moves up to forward.

I also don't see how Nottingham are still under the wagecap by signing Richardson, so someone will have to go for that reason alone.

The likely candidate so far seems to be Jade Galbraith, so what would people think of him in a Devils jersey? http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdis ... ?pid=55435

He's had a slow start at notts, but has a very good career record and looks like the kind of player we'd be looking to bring in. He could also thrive with the protection he'd have on our team.

The other bonus is we wouldn't have to wait for him to recieve his visa!

I realise there are alot of ifs involved, but please humour me. :mrgreen:

Wannabe2

Hows this for humour, but dont take it the wrong way, we have never ever taken Panthers cast offs and i dont think we ever will. Galbraith may not be what Panthers want i would,nt know, but if he aint good enough for the pretenders, he sure aint good enough for us.

Rempel16

Galbraith would be an ideal fit imo.

In our away game, the 5-1 loss, galbraith and cook stole the show in a team of tessier and dave clarke.

I would have thought he is in the mould of player that G is looking at and the wage cap dictates that we are not going to sign a superstar. If he is a good dressing room fit then we should snap him up (assuming he is the import gassed of course).

A players weight doesn't always determine a fitness level. Chambers looks overweight, as does Bergin yet fitness isn't a problem for them, so that is something for G to determine as we don't want to carry a player (Hinks).

Very selective memory there Wannabe. Unless i am mistaken and Craighead didn't come from nottingham.

Foxy

Wannabe2 said:
Hows this for humour, but dont take it the wrong way, we have never ever taken Panthers cast offs and i dont think we ever will. Galbraith may not be what Panthers want i would,nt know, but if he aint good enough for the pretenders, he sure aint good enough for us.
Cough "Craighead" Cough

If a club is releasing him for not being upto scratch then i'd rather not have him.

Gazza272

Finny said:
Craighead was a panic signing and a poor one at that.

We can do better than Galbraith.
I've been thinking about this all morning and i've decided i would quite like to sign galbraith.

His stats show there is talent in there somewhere and i just think that if Nottingham were to sack him he would be fired up to prove them wrong, im thinking the same sort of syndrome Brett Clouthier showed when he moved from Sheffield to Manchester.

I also think that Galbraith would revel in the space awarded to him by playing wiht Voth, DC, Prpich etc

I dont think we will sign him but i dont think it would be terrible even though he did have a stinker back in the tent a few weeks ago.

there is no doubting the guys pedigree, he played DEL and Bundersliga last year so he can't be awful, but it's a big risk picking up a guy who is struggling to find form. I think he only has 1 more point than Hinks

Koop11

Could we even afford him though? It’s important to remember that Gerad doesn't have a great deal of money left within the wage cap to bring in someone with an impressive pedigree.

kettdevil1

Not sure I agree with Gazza

I would argue that every time I saw Clouthier play for Sheffield I thought he looked a really good player, remember the fight he had with Brad after about 3 seconds up at their place?

Galbraith for me has been completely anonymous. I also don't think he is a G type of player, he doesn't play with 100% energy and enthusiasm. I would be disappointed if it was him.

I suspect it will be someone new to the shores.