The-Inferno speaks to... Ben Bowns!

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #1

Ben Bowns said:
I’m over the moon with that! Last season I was the only goalie in the league to not record a shutout, although I did come close a few times, it did suck…so to get 7 in one season is unreal! Any goalie will tell you though, that you’re nothing without the players in front of you and I think the 7 shutouts is probably more of a testament to the guys and Lordo than it is to me.
http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/news/ben-bowns-late-season-interview/

Finny

Really enjoyed that interview. I found the bit about the mental and physical tiredness particularly interesting, but it's great that he has already identified that as something he needed to work on.

drainage

I think Bownsy is having a break out season .....that he loves the team and fans comes across loud and clear but going from zero SH to 7 is incredible , yes he does have an amazing D in front of him but he is the last line of defence so is rightly getting the plaudits he deserves

His confidence must be rocketing ....even his Mum can't believe he does the wave he's never done anything like that before!

Great interview. well done to Ben for completing it at what was a busy time for him and the team. His modesty and down to earth attitude really comes through in the interview. A class player!

alfie

Read this interview over my coffee this morning, i love Ben and have done since day 1.....i love all our team prob more than any year ive been supporting the Devils, which compared to some of you im a 'newbie' at 7 years!! Its interesting to hear his side of things and how mentally draining it is for him. I LOVE the Bownsy wave and the passion that flows from him when he does it and when he grabs his jersey after, well that just finishes it off for me,I would love to see him back again next season as i feel that his game will only get better and better esp with the right team in front of him. Bring on shuff and lets turn over the squeerlers in their own barn....WHO ARE WE..

If Bownsy wants to try and get the whole arena doing the wave at the same time, he needs to get the team out doing it with him...