The NHL thread **SPOILERS INSIDE**

TheStub said:
Price isn't playing well enough at the moment. Cardiff fans would never have him.

I think it's Tim Thomas or nothing :lol:

Just watched the NJ Devils/Panthers match. What the hell??? Devils are all over them, and just can't finish. If Parise had scored all the sitters he didn't quite make, he would be top of the standings in goals now :lol:

If this was a Cardiff performance, the fans would be calling for him to be traded - he obviously isn't any good. And letting in 4? New netminder required :lol:
So true. Minor blip for the NJ Devils though. Should be back to winning ways against Tampa Bay Lightning tonight - already beaten them 7-3 and 4-3 this season

TheStub

I hope so - but it doesn't look like anyone is capping that game, so I may have to rely on On The Fly for highlights only :(

Need to look at a better method for ensuring NJD coverage :lol:

Plenty of other matches though, so shouldn't be short of something to watch tomorrow.

just watched on the fly from a few days ago, what an amazing save by kipper!
paddle saving against a puck on the ground is one thing but mid-air?
and yes, we could have luongo and thomas as out netminders, and unless they both have a 0.00GA then they're outta here! :lol:

TheStub

Yep - if it isn't shut out every night, they are not the goal tender for the Devils. :lol:

I've got a few Fly's waiting to be watched - may put one on whilst watching Clare make my tea. ;)

just watched highlights of last nights win over the sabres.
From watching the clips it looked to be a great entertaining game with ryan miller making some awesome saves! Last night showed how important mike richards is to the flyers by picking up 5 points and getting his sixth shorthanded goal! thats more than some teams have so far!
Bring on the pens!

Thread starter #108
Cookies_naughtyboy said:
anyone see PEns v Habs last night??
I did see the repeat, the Pens played well, our big test will be the Caps on Sunday. The Habs are in turmoil at the moment, Kovy has been sent home for two weeks to think about his play, the Kostystin's have been involved in a scandal involving a crime boss and allegations surround Price and Higgins over their partying.

It's Hockey Day in Canada tonight, starting at 8pm all 6 Canadian teams are in action.

our big test will be the Caps on Sunday
ahem, aren't we forgetting about someone? :D
shame about kovalev, theres no question about his talent but he doesnt show it nowhere near enough.
Oh and for anyone who hasnt seen "the shift" for coburns goal please do, its about 1:15 of an amazing shift put in by the flyers first line.
cant find a link at the mo

Thread starter #110
oops! How could I forget about the old enemy! I didn't realise we were playing tonight as well! Oh well another couple of big losses for the penguins then :shock: ;)

Thread starter #111
pens squeek their way past the flyers thanks to four point from Sidney Crosby! Hopefully Malkin will put in a similar performance when we come up against Ovie and the caps.

Kovalev is 1+1 after 1 period against the sens, looks like his time as a healthy scratch is having the desired effect.

just seen the highlights to the game, what the hell was biron doing for crosby's late goal?
he couldve easily stayed in the net because it was gonne be hard for the pens player to score with 2 flyers breathing down his neck! :evil:
on the plus side cindy malkin and someone else got flattened and richie scored his seventh shorthanded goal! Just a shame our goaltending is not great and could end up being our downfall

MikeRichards18 said:
just seen the highlights to the game, what the hell was biron doing for crosby's late goal?
he couldve easily stayed in the net because it was gonne be hard for the pens player to score with 2 flyers breathing down his neck! :evil:
on the plus side cindy malkin and someone else got flattened and richie scored his seventh shorthanded goal! Just a shame our goaltending is not great and could end up being our downfall
i have not seen the highlights but its a win none the less :p

Richards is on form lately and 7 shorthanded goals is awsome,

yeah hes playing awesome, is it me or is the flyers v pens rivalry quietened since the play-offs?
For me its always been the rangers as our number 1 rival but the last few years the pens has been a big rivalry.
Whats with the NJ devils losing to a very poor islanders team, the stub isnt gonna be happy with that :lol:

TheStub

It is something to do with the name "Devils" :lol:

Islanders have been making a bit of resurgence recently. It was quite a close win for the Devils when we played them last time.

Unfortunately, the only game I can't get for last night in the entire NHL is the NJ Islanders one :(

I got the Pens Fliers one instead. Will do me tomorrow, after the thrills of the Elite All Star game. :shock:

Devils don't play again until Thursday, going to have to keep my eye on the "game of the day" threads to see me through :lol:

MikeRichards18 said:
yeah hes playing awesome, is it me or is the flyers v pens rivalry quietened since the play-offs?
For me its always been the rangers as our number 1 rival but the last few years the pens has been a big rivalry.
Whats with the NJ devils losing to a very poor islanders team, the stub isnt gonna be happy with that :lol:
yeah i always look forwad to the Flyers v Pens games but its not really a big issue now lol,
i cant wait to see the game today see if Malkin and Ovechkin continue to hit and scuffle with each other :D smack him one Godard :D hehe

i hope they do, i thought it was kinda...lame? when the two decided to be butt-buddies at the all-star game. The fight between cote and godard was pretty pants but i think riley won it just, hardly any punches thrown from both wich is rare considering rileys left hand is like a machine gun.
heres the last goal : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zZoquFHq1Y
god i hate fsn and the way the comentators love cindy and how it was a "beautiful" play, no compliments for dupuis who found the puck and made the pass :roll:

MikeRichards18 said:
i hope they do, i thought it was kinda...lame? when the two decided to be butt-buddies at the all-star game. The fight between cote and godard was pretty pants but i think riley won it just, hardly any punches thrown from both wich is rare considering rileys left hand is like a machine gun.
heres the last goal : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zZoquFHq1Y
god i hate fsn and the way the comentators love cindy and how it was a "beautiful" play, no compliments for dupuis who found the puck and made the pass :roll:
yeah i seen the fight and Godard lost what was a poor fight lol,

watching the pens v Capitals game now and how Brashear has not had to go with Godard os beyond me, Donald gets hit by orpik then puches him and tires to fight him then pushes malkin, Godard needs to come out and make a mark,

nothing between Malkin and Ovechkin yet