The Perfect Storm?

Devils86

Thread starter #1
Companies House shows that the company that currently owns Storm has filed for liquidation this month...

Gut tells me this is a behind the scenes way of the club restructuring or moving debt. But would be very concerned if I was a Storm fan.

As an EIHL fan we need every team to be doing well financially, we need competition and variety in our little part of the game.

kettdevil1

Companies House shows that the company that currently owns Storm has filed for liquidation this month...

Gut tells me this is a behind the scenes way of the club restructuring or moving debt. But would be very concerned if I was a Storm fan.

As an EIHL fan we need every team to be doing well financially, we need competition and variety in our little part of the game.
Are you sure this is the current operating company? I think this is RJSG which was the previous one? I thought currently it was Fonterra...... I might be wrong and it's never great switching companies. RJSG's latest financial records show a fairly balanced profit/loss, although it is always tricky to conclude anything much from the short versions of the accounts so there might be debts hidden.

Could be nothing, could be everything I suppose

Devils86

Thread starter #3
I have no idea, but this currently doing the rounds and does really need to be handled by Storm PR-wise. Note that Finnerty and his wife are named in the RJSG company so it cant be an old dormant company. As I said, likely to be some restructuring rather than them going to the wall (hopefully)

kettdevil1

Based on no inside knowledge whatsoever, I wonder if the truth is somewhere in the middle.... without wanting to damn him unnecessarily, the player has an 'interesting' past, however, there have been concerns about the previous Storm operating company so..... the only certainty is that it's not a good look for hockey having these things discussed in the open.

Last edited: