The team need you

DevilDom

Thread starter #1
I'm as disappointed as the next man with the run of results we've had recently. It really sucks to lose. It sucks even more when you think you should win, but telll me something Devils Who thought we would be top of the league with 5 games to go and in the CC final again? I didn't.

It's corny as hell but this team has fought all season and given us some great results but have hit a wall at the wrong time. Now is not the time to desert them and to get on their backs or to start calling players out. Now is the time we as fans get behind the team even more. Now is the time we show what it means to be a Devil.

Most of us have been through some pretty low times as a Devils fan but this really isn't one of them. We are at the top table challenging the big boys and yes we will get shot down sometimes but we are there we are challenging and we are noticed. Gone are the days of struggling to get in the playoffs or a mid table finish, we are up there. This is all we can ask for.

We could still win 4 trophies, we may win none but whatever happens we were there, we competed and I'm sure the players gave their all. If we lost every game from now until the end of the season I will still have enjoyed the season. I hope we don't.

The boys are struggling at the moment. We need to get behind them more than ever and lift them out of this slump. This is a really good team, possibly a great team, let's lift them back up where they should be, let's do our bit.

i agree.

im a scotsman, i know no word of the anthem, no word of welsh (i can translate anything into gaelic however), but I've been watching the devils for the past 9 years and from the atmosphere alone i can tell that this is the beginning of something special. from the ownership down, this is run by fans, real hockey fans and it really shows. to me,

Cardiff is the peoples club.

gun robh mìle math agad!

Tam

KaneDevils

When players were being added to the roster, New and returnees, I remember seeing a large wave of expectancy and excitement. I would say most, would of expected us to be certainly competing for honours.

Being top with 5 games left and into a cup final is great, but it means nothing if you end up with nowt. I think the league now is but a dream. Soon it will be ours, but not this season. I really don't get this bad run, but it's sport and it happens. If results were predictable, then sport wouldn't be half as enjoyable.

Let's get "revenge" on Sunday and win some bling. :RAWK

DevilDom said:
I'm as disappointed as the next man with the run of results we've had recently. It really sucks to lose. It sucks even more when you think you should win, but telll me something Devils Who thought we would be top of the league with 5 games to go and in the CC final again? I didn't.

It's corny as hell but this team has fought all season and given us some great results but have hit a wall at the wrong time. Now is not the time to desert them and to get on their backs or to start calling players out. Now is the time we as fans get behind the team even more. Now is the time we show what it means to be a Devil.

Most of us have been through some pretty low times as a Devils fan but this really isn't one of them. We are at the top table challenging the big boys and yes we will get shot down sometimes but we are there we are challenging and we are noticed. Gone are the days of struggling to get in the playoffs or a mid table finish, we are up there. This is all we can ask for.

We could still win 4 trophies, we may win none but whatever happens we were there, we competed and I'm sure the players gave their all. If we lost every game from now until the end of the season I will still have enjoyed the season. I hope we don't.

The boys are struggling at the moment. We need to get behind them more than ever and lift them out of this slump. This is a really good team, possibly a great team, let's lift them back up where they should be, let's do our bit.

august04

Sell outs every week, great atmosphere at home, top support away from home. Not sure what else you want. The fans have stepped up all season long, now the Devils need to for one final push. Sadly, it's not happening.

ASHIPP

You don't need to go any further than this Club to see what fan support is all about. And there have been many times in the past when the fans could have just given up but supported club and team through thick and thin. And that loyalty, support, fanatacism is reflected in our constant sellouts and superb away support this season.

Now, a fantastic new home, great ownership...all things we've dreamt about and that the Club deserves.

Whatever is wrong with team performance won't stop the fan support....but it can't fix it either.

The destiny of the team is in their hands, not ours. If this year's team are good enough to be League Champions they will somehow raise their game and achieve that. If not this year, then soon.

IMHO I think a combination of factors haven't worked for them recently...loss of confidence and direction, other teams hitting excellent form and maybe too much pressure from everywhere to stay at the top.
Folks are disappointed at losses because of the way in which they lost and we know that our team is usually defined by grittiness and fighting spirit.

Wannabe2

I also agree that the teams needs us fans totally, but the players also need to know that we need them, after all it's a two way process. Let's all hope together we can somehow turn this around.

Kal

I think we're suffering from a case of scared to lose so we're playing less confidently and that's causing us to lose. I think tomorrow will be a much different performance because it's an all or nothing game, we don't need to try and play safe cuz it's just that game no worrying about dropping points or being caught.

Its much easier to chase than be chased.

august04

Kal said:
I think we're suffering from a case of scared to lose so we're playing less confidently and that's causing us to lose. I think tomorrow will be a much different performance because it's an all or nothing game, we don't need to try and play safe cuz it's just that game no worrying about dropping points or being caught.

We"re doing the chasing now by the looks of it....

ASHIPP

august04 said:
Kal said:

Might actually take the pressure off for a bit...and the team can play without nerves. All the focus will be on Sheffield now.

Wannabe2

Want to say something dIfferent but the league has gone, can we win the Cc possibly, can we w.in the play offs possibly can we win nowt possibly.

Kal

Its very much not over. We're currently 2 points behind Sheffield with a game to play that would take us back top if we win. No else can go above us currently without us losing some more. Sure we're not in great form but that could change tomorrow or the next day or the next. We're a top quality team and it's not over till its mathematically impossible!

Rich Best

august04 said:
Kal said:

No unless I am wrong if we win all our games we win the league still, so it IS in our hands? Sheffield play Nottingham twice. They lost 10-0 to Nottingham the last 2 times they played. Let's hope Nottingham win both!

Still so much to play for. Even if we lose twice next weekend we are still mathematically in it aren't we? And if we win twice we are mathematically in with a chance on the last weekend (right?), even if we lose away in Belfast. So lots of hockey to play and lots of swings could happen. Any one of 4 teams could win this league. All will now start to feel pressure in the next 2 weeks. A solid performance like we are so capable of bringing and a win tomorrow and the confidence suddenly swings back in our favour. Into the new arena - which is a big boost and a welcome change at the moment - and a couple more home wins, and suddenly we are touching distance away from 3 trophies out of 4.

I will continue to believe win or lose tomorrow. And if we lose the cup, league and conference over the next 2 weeks I will believe that the playoffs are ours for the taking! It is so refreshing to be 'in with a chance'. Being in with a chance is a blessing. So many years in the 20+ I have been a Devils fan we have not had a hope. See you in Sheffield tomorrow! Let's try and be a positive set of fans throughout the game and give the boys the extra belief they need right now.

august04

Rich Best said:
august04 said:
Kal said:

No unless I am wrong if we win all our games we win the league still, so it IS in our hands? Sheffield play Nottingham twice. They lost 10-0 to Nottingham the last 2 times they played. Let's hope Nottingham win both!

Still so much to play for. Even if we lose twice next weekend we are still mathematically in it aren't we? And if we win twice we are mathematically in with a chance on the last weekend (right?), even if we lose away in Belfast. So lots of hockey to play and lots of swings could happen. Any one of 4 teams could win this league. All will now start to feel pressure in the next 2 weeks. A solid performance like we are so capable of bringing and a win tomorrow and the confidence suddenly swings back in our favour. Into the new arena - which is a big boost and a welcome change at the moment - and a couple more home wins, and suddenly we are touching distance away from 3 trophies out of 4.

I will continue to believe win or lose tomorrow. And if we lose the cup, league and conference over the next 2 weeks I will believe that the playoffs are ours for the taking! It is so refreshing to be 'in with a chance'. Being in with a chance is a blessing. So many years in the 20+ I have been a Devils fan we have not had a hope. See you in Sheffield tomorrow! Let's try and be a positive set of fans throughout the game and give the boys the extra belief they need right now.
It's in our hands still but we're doing the chasing as we're 2 points behind.