The Worst Devils Jersey....... Ever!!

TheStub

What is it with the league getting dodgy looking printed jerseys?

If they want to make these really special (and pull in the collectors) then they need to make them look like a top quality item.

Does it remind anyone else of a 1980's West German football shit? I think it is the rear shot of the sleeves.

Chris

Administrator
Why do they keep going with Rhino!?

That jersey is horrible, where are they getting the designs for these, they should let the clubs run with their own shirts, at least they appear to know what they're doing.

Chris.

you dont want to see it, it may crack your monitor. What a dire looking jersey, only the elite league could make the devils jersey look bad :p

Chris

Administrator
Just had a look at the other jerseys, it's not just us who's had this crap forced on us it would seem.

I'm convinced the league should let the clubs sort their own jerseys out, they'd at least come up with something better than this, even if Rhino have to eventually print them through some advertising contract or something.

Also interesting to note that the jerseys have no sponsors on? How did that get passed?!

*edit* How the hell did the league manage to overlook the fact the team names on the arms/back are a random mixture of upper and lowercase letters, are they blind? It's not 'cool' if that's what they're thinking *edit*

Chris.

TheStub

I can understand the no sponsor thing. The event was organised late, and they are probably hoping to cover the costs from the sale of the jerseys.

But, I think even I could do better - and I am programmer ;)

Please, Mr League - for the PlayOffs and next season, can we have something smart and drool worthy? You'll make way more money back on the sales.

Reading the description i believe that there are only gonna be one per team. One special jersey to commemorate the hockeyFEST tourney.
I don't believe that the teams will be wearing these jerseys at the event.

TheStub

Actually reading the blurb, it sounds like they are only selling one per team...but if you were going to choose an one Devils player to sell, why would it be Lyle.

No offence to Stevie, but this is his first season back with the Devils, and I wouldn't go as far to give him the 'fan favourite' accolade yet. Give him 10 games first.

Why isn't it a Voth shirt? Even that pile of cack would raise a fair few pounds with Voth on the back!

They'd better not be wearing them - those jerseys are hideous.

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little on seeing them. Mind you, it looks like someone's already thrown up on the sleeves, multicoloured yawn stylee.

I can imagine teams skating out to the music of Joseph and his Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat..

If a player has a fight in one does he become a Rainbow Warrior?

I'll get my (non-technicolour) coat :D

TheStub

Devildrums said:
They'd better not be wearing them - those jerseys are hideous.

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little on seeing them. Mind you, it looks like someone's already thrown up on the sleeves, multicoloured yawn stylee.

I can imagine teams skating out to the music of Joseph and his Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat..

If a player has a fight in one does he become a Rainbow Warrior?

I'll get my (non-technicolour) coat :D
If you're not interested in it, then they really have a problem ;)

By the sound of the description there is only one per team, so these wont actually be game worn! Does that mean they are going to be producing a different design for the actual event? Hopefully someone would have had the foresight to contract those out CH Sports ;)

The Blaze one actually has a bid... :shock:

I'm hoping teams will just use their regular season jerseys and there won't be specially produced ones for this event.

I've not heard anything one way or the other on this but nothing would surprise me to be honest.

drainage

TheStub said:
I can understand the no sponsor thing. The event was organised late, and they are probably hoping to cover the costs from the sale of the jerseys.

But, I think even I could do better - and I am programmer ;)

Please, Mr League - for the PlayOffs and next season, can we have something smart and drool worthy? You'll make way more money back on the sales.
My friends 5 year old could do better with crayons !! Its awful - I assume they are stated as "rare" on the basis printing them is pointless if no one wants one !

Truely hidious!! Vipers is the only that looks barely okay! So glad the whole team won't be wearing them! Why the league haven't realised the way to get money out of the fans is to make a decent jersey is beyond me! :?

That is nasty. Why have all the other team names across the shoulders, what purpose does that serve? And what's with the nasty font and numbering on the back? It looks like one of those cheap printed knockoff sport shirts you can get abroad.

OK so call me suspicious, but one jersey is made for each team and they are being sold by Rhino themselves on Ebay. It says nowhere that the teams will be wearing these jerseys so, it seems to me these may be rejected designs which Rhino are trying to flog for a bit of cash

Russky

Why are they forced to wear it? I say we take a leaf out the of the chiefs book (in slapshot2) and wear their own normal CH Sports jerseys in the 1st game in protest! Surely It can't be enforced as long as they are wearing a Devils Jersey, what does it matter?

I wonder whether this could be an incredible bit of marketing from Rhino.

Whichever fan does 'win' this jersey at auction will gain instant noteriety! It would almost be like a badge of honour!

I've almost convinced my self to make a bid. :lol:

PS There is something to be said for awful sports kits....look at the success of the brown New Zealand cricket shirts. They're by far the most common shirt you see fans wearing....they by them because they're so bad. :lol: