Things we like about IAW

jimmy snels

Lighting is fantastic

View behind net great

No loss of atmosphere as far as i can tell! Was a big worry on here if my memory serves me right

Actually proud its ours!

Toilets aren't rank

Plexi currently see through :lol:

Pop up bars good idea

Probs more but these are my starters :D

Diafol

Fantastic views pretty much everywhere.
Four solid walls which means no more freezing half to death (or thinking you'll get blown away).
Hot water, soap and working dryers in the toilets.
Sell-out crowds, who will hopefully return after seeing what a difference a decent venue makes.
More money in the club's coffers due to the above.
Whoever thought of the pop-up bars should be nominated for a knighthood.
Almost a positive post from Electro.

And probably many more.

Ocko

Things I like:

Sight lines are near faultless.

Screen is fantastic and makes us look so professional.

Plexi and boards appear high quality, in particular the seamless stuff.

Pop up bars.

Despite my initial reservation and moaning the lower walkway is a good idea, it keeps the sight lines perfect and allows for better access.

Ice is superb quality (Belfast game was just teething issues).

Camera position is perfect.

But best of all it's an ice rink with the Cardiff Devils on it, that very simple luxury often was in danger of continuing without the help from a number of people.

I love the view from my seat.

The team seem right at home ... three wins :Banana :Banana :Banana

The atmosphere is building, better every game.

The lighting is awesome, keeping my other half snap-happy with his camera.

I love the penalty graphics on the big board.

I enjoyed the reaction from my Panthers pals, on seeing it for the first time.

Im not a st holder so have sat in 3 different seats and the view has been excellent from each. The whole venue is beautiful with the facilities at a higher standard than most sports and music venues ive ever visited. Im not a frequent bar visitor on game nights as im designated driver but ive been served within 2 minutes of arriving in the main bar both times ive had a drink so thats been an improvement.

Compared to the bar arrangements and the chaos around the entrance to the arena in the bbt the experience is massively improved. The ice surface looks fab and the arena is clearly signed inside and i found it really easy to get around with ample space for walking around. The scoreboard and whats displayed is great. It goes without saying the game night experience for me, and id imagine almost everyone else has been a massive upgrade. As much as the bbt had its charms this arena smacks of quality and is a fitting venue for a successful professional sports team. A massive thanks is due to everyone who has made it happen.

Oh and it looks awesome on camera :D

ASHIPP

As Gerad Adams said on twitter 'moving from the outhouse to the penthouse'

G would have given his right arm to coach a team in our new home.

So impressed with our new home. Sight lines are great, atmosphere is great, the team (so far) seem to have adapted well to the move. On a personal note I have loved the fact that I have gone straight into the bar before each of the games about 2 hours or so before face off to catch up with mates etc. This is something I feel we missed at the BBT. It's great not having to wait outside for the doors to open getting hammered by wind,rain and god knows what else !! Sure there are a few teething problems but hats off to all involved in getting us into this amazing facility.

jimmy snels said:
Taz is back!
On the Panthers game Taz was trying to get into Farmers head. Was pretty funny to watch

Sat behind the benches all 3 games and being that close to the players and seeing how the chants drown out away coach is amazing!

Hopefully the noise only gets louder!

d20

Red Red Raz said:

What did the panthers fans say about it then ?

mazza03

The whole arena is amazing, I went into the bar for the first time on Sunday and was impressed with how quickly I was served because when I saw the crow I didn't think I would be.

I just love every aspect of it from entrance to toilets (clean, warm and not smelling like the sewer)

We just need wifi sorted and I'll be happy. :Banana :Banana :Banana

d20 said:
Red Red Raz said:

What did the panthers fans say about it then ?
The ones I spoke to said they thought it was great, loved the views, and we're looking forward to coming back. All good. :D

Koop11

What’s not to like about the place. It’s the testicles! Yes it still needs kitting out, there the lack of phone/wifi signal is annoying and there is scope to extend the availability of food and drink outlets to cope with high demand but these are rectifiable problems. I would suggest we have the best facility in the UK to sustain hockey at this level.

We have amazing sightlines from almost every single seat.

The building is spacious, clean, bright and comfortable which lends itself as far more social facility than we have had previously.

It has two ice pads (only Nottingham as a stand alone venue has this) to help cope with demand for ice sports.

The main ice pads is Olympic sized allowing for an even playing field against other teams and even attract international competitions (although I’m old school and prefer the crash and bang style hockey on a small ice pad).

Come next season when the place is fully kitted out and the colours of sponsorship are around the arena is will look and feel even better. Dare I say if the Devils owners ever own IAW I suspect the pull will be even greater.

Huge credit has to go to every one involved, particularly SORAC who without their persistence we would have seen ice sports in South Wales die 10 years ago, let alone help sustain ice sports and support the delivery of this wonderful facility for which the Devils have free ice time!

I am actually surprised that there has been no official mention of the efforts of SORAC. It’s been a hectic time transferring over to IAW both on and off the ice but I would hope in the new season there will some kind of formal acknowledgement of the hard work of the committee members, both past and present.

I'm pretty sure that Wessex Garages will be pleased that they don't become SEX GARAGES every time the gate to the Devils bench is opened now...!