This seasons Black Jersey

Thread starter #1
Sorry if already posted, but was I right in hearing Todd mention the Black jerseys will be available to order from the shop at the next game?

Vartel

I assume the season ticket holders only restriction still applies? If so, any season ticket holders who don't want a black jersey, able to help out non-season ticket holders who want a black jersey?

Have Hope#35

Milky said:
Doesn't that defeat the whole idea of making them available only for season ticket holders?
There's nothing to stop anyone from selling on their Black Jersey to a non-season ticket holder though! That being said I can't wait to get mine.

Milky

Have Hope#35 said:
Milky said:
Doesn't that defeat the whole idea of making them available only for season ticket holders?
There's nothing to stop anyone from selling on their Black Jersey to a non-season ticket holder though! That being said I can't wait to get mine.

Haha, I agree nothing! My point was the club wanted to make it exclusive to season ticket holders. Selling it on devalues it thats all.

I'm not a season ticket holder (as I can't make about 30% of the games due to work), but would love a black jersey.

I don't have any objection to the club making them exclusively available to season ticket holders but why not do this up until say Xmas then make them available to all fans?

I'm sure by Xmas the vast majority of Season Ticket holders who wanted a black jersey would have bought one by that point anyway.

I'm not a season ticket holder as I live too far away, and I'd love a black jersey, but if keeping them exclusively for season ticket holders gets more season tickets sold then that's a great move.

To stop people selling them on, how about the club personalises them with the STH's name and the year (15/16 season). They could charge a little more than that, and also offer to add the player's name and number with a personalised signature on the back for a little extra again.

To me, that would be a great perk of being an STH.

jimmy snels

I will be passing on the offer. The jersey has been totally ruined by the excessive sponsorship patches that adorn it and the size/colouring of them to my eyes is just distracting from what could have been a fabulous shirt. Just my 2 pence worth.

pjj365

TommyDevil13 said:
I'm not a season ticket holder as I live too far away, and I'd love a black jersey, but if keeping them exclusively for season ticket holders gets more season tickets sold then that's a great move.

To stop people selling them on, how about the club personalises them with the STH's name and the year (15/16 season). They could charge a little more than that, and also offer to add the player's name and number with a personalised signature on the back for a little extra again.

To me, that would be a great perk of being an STH.
I just love the personalisation idea

Vartel

I like both the ideas above about either personalisation or time limited exclusivity.

I still want a black jersey despite not being a season ticket holder although have accepted it is unlikely to happen, even with cash offers over the asking price.

I do not remember the black jersey exclusivity being mentioned until after the window for the season tickets closed. I know one friend who has been after a black jersey for ages, who was bidding at the very expensive auction at the end of last season, who has said he would have got a season ticket for this season had he known the black jerseys were exclusive to season ticket holders, but that he didn't find out about the restriction until it was too late. At least we know the position going forward for next year

Have Hope#35

Vartel said:
I like both the ideas above about either personalisation or time limited exclusivity.

I still want a black jersey despite not being a season ticket holder although have accepted it is unlikely to happen, even with cash offers over the asking price.

I do not remember the black jersey exclusivity being mentioned until after the window for the season tickets closed. I know one friend who has been after a black jersey for ages, who was bidding at the very expensive auction at the end of last season, who has said he would have got a season ticket for this season had he known the black jerseys were exclusive to season ticket holders, but that he didn't find out about the restriction until it was too late. At least we know the position going forward for next year
It was mentioned about Black Jerseys at the BBT at the BBT I believe!? I think I saw someone trying to sell a Batch Black Jersey picked up at last seasons auction in the Marketplace!

Vartel

Have Hope#35 said:
Vartel said:

It was mentioned about Black Jerseys at the BBT at the BBT I believe!? I think I saw someone trying to sell a Batch Black Jersey picked up at last seasons auction in the Marketplace!
Ahh, i missed the BBT at the BBT as i was in Swansea that weekend (where i am most weekends, and reason i haven't got season ticket).

thanks for the info about the batch jersey, i will find the thread and pass that on to my friend

august04

jimmy snels said:
I will be passing on the offer. The jersey has been totally ruined by the excessive sponsorship patches that adorn it and the size/colouring of them to my eyes is just distracting from what could have been a fabulous shirt. Just my 2 pence worth.
It's a real shame that some of the sponsorship patches couldn't have been the same colour as the jersey, with white lettering as that wouldn't have looked too bad. The big white patches, particularly the icetimetv patch, look terrible on the red and black shirts. In fact, it ruins the great look of the shirts and put me off buying one too. At least we have sponsors though!

At rink yesterday to collect my White Kurka jersey. Andy said the orders were processed and sent off last week so expect at least another 2 weeks or so.
Went on to mention the nightmare prospect of getting over 250 issued in one night
Perhaps not as many sold as you might think