Thoughts are with Adam Johnson, Nottingham Panthers and Sheffield Steelers

Wannabe2

So so very very sad, went to bed last night hoping and praying that this young man was going to be okay, horrific news for this young man’s family. So unbelievably sad for Petgrave feel so sorry for him also, all contact sports carry with them a danger, but you never think something as horrific as this will happen it’s so unbelievably sad . No words can ever explain how sad we all feel, we all send our love to Adams family and friends. R.I.P. young man our hearts have been ripped out so very very unbelievably sad.

BostonBart22

Stunned. So desperately sad . I am sure the league and the hockey family will pull together.
Good call to cancel all games today.
Can't see panthers and steelers playing for a while tbh and we got them both next weekend , but that's on the back-burner in fans thoughts I would hope...the lge need at least a 2 week break, that's my opinion on it , not sure bout others.

moggy#9

Can't see panthers and steelers playing for a while tbh and we got them both next weekend , but that's on the back-burner in fans thoughts I would hope...the lge need at least a 2 week break, that's my opinion on it , not sure bout others.
Agreed, there needs to be time for reflection. I wouldn't be at all surprised if some players decided to retire after this. In other cases I'm sure that family members will pressure players to adopt some sort of protection. Everyone copes in different ways, and everyone needs to be able to find their own answers in their own time.

pjj365

Certainly think our games next weekend should be postponed but the players should decide

Ann67

Such sad news, lot of these boys are thousands of miles away from home, I can only imagine how his friends and family are feeling being so far away. He went to work and won’t get to come home, absolutely heartbreaking for all who were there. My deepest condolences RIP Adam #47

hip check

RIP young man, absolutely devastating for your family, all of our hockey family the world over will be in mourning at this sad time. Postponement of all eihl games until everyone has had a chance to fully show their respect at this devastating news.

pjj365

RIP young man, absolutely devastating for your family, all of our hockey family the world over will be in mourning at this sad time. Postponement of all eihl games until everyone has had a chance to fully show their respect at this devastating news.
The NIHL will not - EIHA expecting games to go ahead tonight!

Last edited:

moggy#9

I've not watched the video of the incident. I don't want to, and I think that the people who have posted it online are ghouls and need serious help. What is equally distributing however is people, who have undoubtedly never played the game, suggesting that any pro hockey player would ever attempt to do something like this deliberately.

Personally I fear for the state petgrave must be in, and I hope he's begging properly looked after. If I were in his position in not sure if ever be able to face the inside of an iced rink again.

James

Administrator
Really is difficult to know what to say after such a horrific accident. Would renaming the Challenge Cup The Johnson Memorial be a terrible idea?