Todd comments

tim78

I think people are too sensitive. If Todd's pissed off then the volume and constant moaning would get to me.
We have top owners, top manager, top coach, 1 of the best teams this season, a newish rink, its a good place to be. Enjoy what we have.

Did I mention a shit parking, lol.

Diafol

I think people are too sensitive. If Todd's pissed off then the volume and constant moaning would get to me.
We have top owners, top manager, top coach, 1 of the best teams this season, a newish rink, its a good place to be. Enjoy what we have.

Did I mention a shit parking, lol.
If I've read that correctly, Todd hasn't said he's pissed off, he's said he doesn't care if the fans are pissed off.
2 different things, and nothing that we didn't already know !

Swarley

Let's see..

Gives a quote on a Belfast podcast to talk shit about Cardiff fans.

Says we're two-faced...

Irony.

Would love to know if the owners feel the same as Kelman.

E.D.S.

AVTFB???

I’m sure there’s more context to this. Any one got any ideas?
Aaah a View from the Bridge??? Any idea what he was talking about or is this just click bait to listen to whatever it was? Assumes it’s a podcast of some sorts.

Swarley

Aaah a View from the Bridge??? Any idea what he was talking about or is this just click bait to listen to whatever it was? Assumes it’s a podcast of some sorts.
He doesn't care about fans being pissed off about the logo change.

That part doesn't bother me at all because the logo was clearly his brain child.

But calling his fan base two faced when we all know come Sunday he will act like he's your best mate in order to get your wallet out and spend money on the club...

He can do one.

pjj365

Typical Todd - so what. We were warned and we've seen this kind of thing before just not so blatant.
Do we care - it appears not with sell outs even in pre-season

Swarley

Typical Todd - so what. We were warned and we've seen this kind of thing before just not so blatant.
Do we care - it appears not with sell outs even in pre-season
And what happens if enough people stop buying his precious 50/50 and sohb tickets and ticket sales decline because of his little quote?

He'll post some spin on it and all will be forgiven because he's a "nice guy" really.

The_Stick_

And what happens if enough people stop buying his precious 50/50 and sohb tickets and ticket sales decline because of his little quote?

He'll post some spin on it and all will be forgiven because he's a "nice guy" really.
Ticket sales won’t decline. That’s a fact. Due to the constant sell out if 200 fans decide not come to a game, another 200 are already lined up to take their seats.

Swarley

Ticket sales won’t decline. That’s a fact. Due to the constant sell out if 200 fans decide not come to a game, another 200 are already lined up to take their seats.
The worst part is he knows he can talk shit about the fan base and get away with it because we are so easily replaceable.

Wannabe2

Think the place is a sell out due to the team playing so well, can’t we just concentrate on this very good team and forget the negatives. It’s awhile since we have had something to shout about and this team is just that, so let’s concentrate on the positives.

MA18

Let's see..

Gives a quote on a Belfast podcast to talk shit about Cardiff fans.

Says we're two-faced...

Irony.

Would love to know if the owners feel the same as Kelman.
I’ll listen to the whole pod before passing judgement.

Fans being ‘Pissed off about it’ is a bit different to being pissed off IMO.

E.D.S.

He doesn't care about fans being pissed off about the logo change.

That part doesn't bother me at all because the logo was clearly his brain child.

But calling his fan base two faced when we all know come Sunday he will act like he's your best mate in order to get your wallet out and spend money on the club...

He can do one.
Wow! I might have to listen to that episode.

Have Hope#35

I listened to the Todd part of the episode in full and I don't think he's said anything contentious in all honesty... He's not wrong, there are people who in direct discussion at the rink are positive and then online are negative! That is two faced and no one should be offended with that comment unless it applies to them - also not sure he directly uses the term 'two faced', he just directly quotes an example of a scenario that is two faced.

jenks33

I listened to the Todd part of the episode in full and I don't think he's said anything contentious in all honesty... He's not wrong, there are people who in direct discussion at the rink are positive and then online are negative! That is two faced and no one should be offended with that comment unless it applies to them - also not sure he directly uses the term 'two faced', he just directly quotes an example of a scenario that is two faced.
Agreed. I wouldn’t say I’m Kelman’s biggest fan but I watched the episode this morning and I don’t think he said anything that bad to be honest.

E.D.S.

Credit to AVFTB. It's a cracking little podcast. I didn't know it existed.

Fascinating insight about the contact with PR and Todd's interest in him coming to Cardiff, when it started and how it happened. Then there's a much more detailed explanation about the change in logo (I still don't like it) but it makes more sense to me why. He's basically trying to play down the rebrand and the reaction to it - which disappoints as I genuinely don't feel they understand the association that some people have with it - but what I didn't get from this interview was that he was saying he didn't give a toss about the fans. This was more about him taking a stand behind his decision to make the change. I'm not the target market for the brand refresh so I'm never going to like it but I get the rationale behind it.

As for the two faced nature of it... he didn't say we were all like it. He picked on one example. Admittedly, he did talk about some people's behaviour on Twitter but it's hard to argue with what he's saying.

It's a good interview and great to hear Todd's view of the league and Sheffield etc. Well worth a listen.

Just providing a bit of context and my take away from it.

moggy#9

Thread starter #20
Thanks. I'll have a listen when I have time. It sounds like some mind games from across the Irish sea before the weekend then. ;-)