Todd Kelman podcast

kingmo19.1

hour and half? i'll wait for a summary ;)
Have a listen Kev, he talks in depth about bar management from the various rinks he has worked in and gives his recollection of the bar in the WNIR and his opinion on how it was run. He also goes into detail about the plans for the bar in the IAW.

I was very very disappointed that The Gantry (official sponsors Microsoft, AT&T, Coca-Cola, Vodafone, Nike & Amazon) didn’t even get a mention ???

Kevlar68

I run the bars in WNIR exceptionally so no need to listen to Todd big me up :D The only negative was getting Carlsberg in plastic bottles, big mistake , I'd drink my own urine before I every drank that again.

I'm sure the interview is very good I would have thought but 90 minutes I haven't got spare.
Is there any insights on to the rest of season?

Last edited:

Diablo3

I run the bars in WNIR exceptionally so no need to listen to Todd big me up :D The only negative was getting Carlsberg in plastic bottles, big mistake , I'd drink my own urine before I every drank that again.

I'm sure the interview is very good I would have thought but 90 minutes I haven't got spare.
Is there any insights on to the rest of season?
I don't want to ruin it for others with details, but he talks about Dixon, DuPont, the team, how the Conti was run, his time in Belfast, what he thinks of Keefe, the tougher ex players and Big Lou amongst other things. No mention of tenders to run the rink.

Hedd Wyn John

Thread starter #8
I don't want to ruin it for others with details, but he talks about Dixon, DuPont, the team, how the Conti was run, his time in Belfast, what he thinks of Keefe, the tougher ex players and Big Lou amongst other things. No mention of tenders to run the rink.
Also he mentioned social media and the be kind/ mental health awareness folks are often the same folks roasting players on social media lol

also contrary to rumours Todd left social media due to lack of time and not online bullying.

He mentioned Skalde was a good coach but not the right fit for cardiff.

He talked about the logistics for the continent Cup which was interesting.

Very good episode to listen to.

Diablo3

He seems to really like Crawford and his plus 17, I haven’t hitched myself to the Crawford wagon as of yet but I’m probably missing something
I'm biased , I got his game worn shirt. Excellent player, also our top ice time player too, so he puts in his shift.

I really like Crawford. To be honest, I was gutted when Register did not get the return, but we move on and I believe Crawford will get better and better the longer the season goes on and gets to grips with the league/our expectations.

E.D.S.

I think Crawfords got potential but he needs to mature on the puck. Too many give aways, too many rushed plays, needless icing and poor passes to exit our zone. Needs Reggies patience and composure

I think Crawfords got potential but he needs to mature on the puck. Too many give aways, too many rushed plays, needless icing and poor passes to exit our zone. Needs Reggies patience and composure
Fair comments - still fairly young mind so will def mature in those particular areas over time. Good point in terms of composure - I think ‘generally’ we have missed Reggies composure (and vision) this year especially coming out of defence and on the PP.

Rempel16

Agree with all of this and I would also add that he needs to tighten up from a discipline perspective. He gives away needles penalties that hurt the team.

Devils86

One thing I was surprised about is Crawford's age - he's surprisingly young and could be key for us in a few years if he improves his composure a bit.

For someone who has his CV - league-high scoring and All Star etc - his creativity (esp on the PP) seems lacking but he pops up with a goal at some key times.

Whilst it is still pre-Xmas, both Crawford and Jardine were two of the signings I was really excited about - and both have largely disappointed thus far.