Thread starter #1
Manchester Phoenix P V P Basingstoke Bison
Game postponed following breakdown of Bison team coach

Coventry 6 -2 Edinburgh final
Sheffield 4-2 Hull final
Newcastle 6-3 Belfast final

TheStub

Wouldn't it be nice for all those to become results :D

Rays and Caps probably have the most to play for at the moment. They want that playoff spot. The rest of the league honers are more or less settled now. Although, Blaze probably still think they can win the league.

And we will remain 5th at least until next weekend :D

I know I've put a few posts on here complaining about fixture congestion at the end of the season, but the Manchester game being called off won't help Devils at all as the game v Manchester is the only one TBC and it was already looking difficult to squeeze it in without Manchester having another one to do.

Rushton is having a ball up in Viperland. 2 fights, an assist, and as he's been sat in the bin he's argued with a fan and the Vipers mascot, both of which have had to leave the arena!! Haha :lol:

Max

Max Beerbarrell said:
Rushton is having a ball up in Viperland. 2 fights, an assist, and as he's been sat in the bin he's argued with a fan and the Vipers mascot, both of which have had to leave the arena!! Haha :lol:

Max

yeah lol reading text updates on the site and it seems an entertaining game, Hutching has 3 assist and 2 goals, Courtney has 2 goals and an assist v there old team

TheStub

Well - Sheffield beat Hull 4-2. 3 goals in the last period for the Steelers. For everything else, they haven't looked too convincing in their wins this season.

But, win they do, so they can't complain.

Sliput

TheStub said:
Well - Sheffield beat Hull 4-2. 3 goals in the last period for the Steelers. For everything else, they haven't looked too convincing in their wins this season.

But, win they do, so they can't complain.
Just shows how weird this league is...we stuff Hull but Sheffield struggle against them :?

TheStub

It has been like that all season. Sheffield have pulled it out of the bag. Not really a team for the emphatic victory.

But, a Power play goal and an empty netter - not the performance you would expect from the league leaders.

Looking at the Caps result - they let in 4 power play goals. So, that is what cost them the game. But, looking at the penalties, they rattled Cov, and it was another Cov third period "come back".

Caps and Rays aren't the push overs they have been. Last night, they played well - and tonight proves that.

I've watch Sheffield and Cov play this season, and been miffed by the fact that we play circles around them, and don't get a result. Hopefully, time can a change :D

R2D2

Basingstoke coach broke down.
After all the Bison have been throught his season - I'm surprised he's lasted this long :oops: :D :oops: :D

The basingstoke coach on the way to manchester apprently caught on fire
A touch of Spontaneous Human Combustion??? pity it didn't happen to the squeelers ;) :D

reminds me of an old joke..... Brian Clough has just been made coach of Nottm Forest..... they took his teeth out and put seats in :oops: :oops: :oops:

Vipers tv have highlights up of the game V giants

Macallister kind of jumped rushdon by the looks of it and they continued to punch eachother while the linos tried to break them up

his fight with Campbell was half decent, rushdon caught Campbell with a couple of good shots before Campbell got some quick shots in, draw

Macmillan only conected with one punch with his fight with donkey and it caused his knees to give way by the looks of it, payette had a few shots in prior to this but it looked like a good shot from mac to put payette down,

rushdon winding up the crowd haha, funny, did anyone see him doing YMCA in the box in one of his first games for the giants?