Top Points Scorer

Latullipe is also on 6 points as well. Just need our top line to start scoring as well. I know it's a slightly unfair comparison with Smith injured, but so far according to Elite stats it's 2nd line forwards 15 points (6G, 9A), 1st line 7 points (2G, 5A)

ASHIPP

At the game on Sunday, I thought Phil had grown in stature, carrying out his role as alternate Captain and playing with complete confidence and ability. Never mind Owen and Dowd, Phil is going to have an amazing year. Very proud already!

TheStub

From what I saw on Saturday, Phil is now indistinguishable from an import now. He is no longer just a good brit, he is a good player.

In fact, our whole British contingent are looking a lot sharper this year. Towe is really stepping up, and taking a leading role on that third line. Between Hill, Towe and Richardson we may have one of the strongest british contingents in the league (more so when we consider Lyle, Davies and Hayes).

It is good to see the Brits standing shoulder to shoulder with the imports - it is what the British games needs. I don't like having token Brits to make up numbers, and we certainly don't seem to have any this year.

flowers said:
Has anyone noticed the top points scorer on the elite league stats engine? Only our own Phil Hill!
Unfortunately, of the top ten PIMS, 6 of them are Devils. But yes you are right to point out that we are playing well, which has been somewhat overshadowed by recent events :D

Slightly off topic, but boy can hayes skate fast, caught my eye a couple of times because of the shear speed he was moving it. Seems he aswell as davies is turning into a good brit player. Lets just hope we can hold onto these upcoming british stars.

ASHIPP

So impressed with young Ben and Jamie on Sunday - not only fast and hardworking, but feisty too. Saw a couple of occassions when they showed they were not going to be pushed around. So glad they are getting the ice time they deserve. All this practice will pay off - Ben already assisting a goal and I'm sure much more to follow. Matt Towe is showing his calibre already - would love for him to be picked for Team GB squad again.

Nice to see Phil still leading the way after another round of games. G and franney must be over the moon that he has maintained the level he reached last season and more.

well done to phil, looks sharper than ever right now! how come the eihl have got smitty down as playing 5 games but he didn't play against hull in 'that' game? is it because he warmed up?

Finny

the devil himself said:
well done to phil, looks sharper than ever right now! how come the eihl have got smitty down as playing 5 games but he didn't play against hull in 'that' game? is it because he warmed up?
Yeh, he iced briefly in the warm-up and so was already on the gamesheet.

Chris

Administrator
Am I just being dense, or does the stats engine no longer work on the EIHL website?

I can only pick teams as if I wanted a match report...

Chris.

Chris

Administrator
I'm just thinking, he was largely written off by the Bison fans, but he played out of his skin last season and has become a fan favourite.

So far this season, he must have wracked up a fair few points, he looks quick as hell and apart from the Hull away game, he rarely makes a mistake, or it seems that way to me.

Possibly to early to wonder, but with both Richardson and Jarvis getting points up, one of them must be on course to be similar to Teplitsky?

Chris.