Trouble in Fife

Think Neilson needs the league to back him up on this.He was thrown out of the game and that is where his punishment should end. You cant expect to throw a drink over someone in any situation and not get a reaction.I just hope Neilson landed a couple of good ones...

Gospel

I think the league needs to take action against Fife for this.

There have been a number of problems this year with their fans & no action has been taken so far. On this occasion a fan grabs Neilsons face cage & punches are thrown. Well sorry it serves him right & i hope Neilson caught him good & proper.

The area behind the benches isnt protected in any way as far as i know and for that reason the team must take the blame.

I hope Neilson isnt punished that hard.

KaneDevils

Seems I'm in the minority.
The fan needs to be banned for life and Neilson shouldn't be allowed to play here any longer.
No player should have any fan throw anything at him, but under no circumstances should a player throw punches at a fan.
Weather he deserved it or not, a punch could of missed it's target and caught a child or a pensioner, it's just wrong.

Quite disgusted by it all. If that's how you want to behave go get a millwall fc season ticket.

Gough60

Seems I'm in the minority.
The fan needs to be banned for life and Neilson shouldn't be allowed to play here any longer.
No player should have any fan throw anything at him, but under no circumstances should a player throw punches at a fan.
Weather he deserved it or not, a punch could of missed it's target and caught a child or a pensioner, it's just wrong.

Quite disgusted by it all. If that's how you want to behave go get a millwall fc season ticket.

In the same hypothetical world you live in, it could have been acid or a knife thrown at Nielson.
Have you been to fife?
No protection for the bench and very very let's call them passionate fans. Why wasn't 2 jags Prescott arrested for the punch he thew all those years ago.
Not condoning what Nielson did but look at all the evidence that is available first. Even fife followers are disgusted with the behaviour of their so called fan.

KaneDevils

And so they should be. 2 wrongs don't make a right. On the street, Nielsen would be arrested for assault. He assaulted a fan and should be puniished, and I think he will be.

Wasn't Justin Sawyer deported for an altercation whilst on a night out?
For me, this is worse.

Gospel

Firstly you have a right to defend yourself if your assaulted on street, you can even land the first blow if you genuinely believe your under threat. Neilson probably wouldnt have been arrested either. If Fife had appropriate safety measures in place this would never have happened. The team need to be punished to.

Secondly Sawyer was never deported, he left himself.

Kal

If this was a bigger sport with a proper governing body they'd come down hard on both Fife and Nielson. Fife should have a hefty fine for their failure to take action following the first 2 incidents this season. Nielson should also get a fine and have a ban. You have to protect the image of the league!

Welshy74

Let's all wait until if any footage comes out but I know what's blatantly obvious is that fans shouldn't be able to get that close to players. I think we learnt that at the BBT.

Welshy74

Don't think Olson received anything for the incident at the BBT and the fan was banned until the end of the season if my memory is correct. So bit of a crap shoot to what if any discipline happens.

KaneDevils

Unfortunately, it's not a very professional setup, so nothing will surprise me.
I just hope it doesn't happen again. The atmosphere at hockey games is special, I'd hate for that
to ever change.

KaneDevils

Why should Neilson get a ban, if he was attacked he has as much right as anyone to protect himself.
Does having a drink thrown over you constitute an attack?
It certainly doesn't warrant being punched. What if a few punches had of
Caused concussion or something more serious? Would you say the same?
In the street of course he'd be arrested, for assault.
Violence is never the correct option.