UK Forum Allstars Charity Hockey Game - Total raised £5,700

Thread starter #1
UK Forum All-stars are pleased to announce that, following their charity hockey weekend in Basingstoke last summer, they raised a total of £5,700 for the two nominated charities.

The funds were collected by recreational hockey players and friends for two worthwhile charities: Breast Cancer Care and Dreams Come True. Formal presentation of the cheques will be made during the Cardiff Devils v Nottingham Panthers EIHL game on Sunday 14th March 2010.

Event Organisers Gareth Hubback and David Grant would like to thank everyone who took part in the game, attended the event or pledged money in support. They would especially like to thank Kelly Coles, Victoria Silverwood, Julia Nixon, Fran Frappel, Pete Coombes, Chris Carpenter, Alan Armour, Scott Gough, Sharon Grant and Susan Gray for their hard work in making the event a success.

Gareth Hubback was very pleased with the amount raised and, together with David Grant, is already making plans for UK Forum All-Stars 2010: "We are absolutely delighted that we have managed to raise such a fantastic amount of money for two fantastic charities. It justifies all the hard work that myself, David, Kelly, Victoria, Julia and everyone else who helped us before and during the weekend. This figure also shows that we have something special here with the UK Forums All-Stars, and something that hockey fans want to be a part of, whether that is by playing in the weekend, by coming along to watch, or by pledging sponsorship. We are working hard to make UK Forums All-Stars 2010 an even more successful weekend and assisting the work of these two worthwhile charities further".

Thread starter #3
Albert - it has been running for two years now and will go ahead again this summer.

Venue to be announced soon - but it is expected to be very close to Cardiff this year!

Last year plenty of people were involved from Cardiff. I'm sure I'll forget someone but:
Gareth Hubback; Chris Edwards; myself; Jessica Roberts; Nicky Rees; Kam Bristow; Paul Sullivan; and Fran Frappel were all there. In fact, partly due to his sponsor request on the-inferno, Chris Edwards won the award for the most money raised by a single player for Breast Cancer Care, which was iirc over £300.

dave

Many Thanks to all that got involved from Cardiff and surrounding area. The aim this year will be the magic four figure sum and also to help support a local charity.

James I will be in touch as soon as the Venue and dates are announced (it may be close!! ;) )

Hubbs

Vic said:
Albert - it has been running for two years now and will go ahead again this summer.

Venue to be announced soon - but it is expected to be very close to Cardiff this year!

Last year plenty of people were involved from Cardiff. I'm sure I'll forget someone but:
Gareth Hubback; Chris Edwards; myself; Jessica Roberts; Nicky Rees; Kam Bristow; Paul Sullivan; and Fran Frappel were all there. In fact, partly due to his sponsor request on the-inferno, Chris Edwards won the award for the most money raised by a single player for Breast Cancer Care, which was iirc over £300.
i havent gone yet and already your excluding me! much love!

dave

dave said:
Many Thanks to all that got involved from Cardiff and surrounding area. The aim this year will be the magic four figure sum and also to help support a local charity.

James I will be in touch as soon as the Venue and dates are announced (it may be close!! ;) )

Hubbs
I did mean 5 figure sum!