Update on Bowns?

Justtw

Thread starter #1
To be honest, I feel Murdy was thrown into the deep end. Steelers were savage and thirsty for revenge after CC.

Losing Bowns was a huge hit to our game and I think helped to our loss.

Any news on his injury? I want him healthy for our last 4 games.

Outsider

So was the hit that hurt Bowns an innocent play or was it intentional ? At game speed it look like a hockey play where the Sheffield player( Sarich ) was going to the net hopefully to get his stick on the ice to receive a pass from his linemate who was one on one with Ritchie along the boards. Innocent enough, right ?? Not so fast . When you look at the replay from behind the net in slow motion, another story comes to light.
When the winger goes to the net, that winger either goes to the net with his stick on the ice hoping for a pass, a deflection or to get position on the defenceman in front of the net. But that's not what happened. You can clearly see that Sarich had no intention of doing what I mentioned above instead you can clearly see him set his eyes on Hotham with no intent on looking for a pass, taking a pass or to get position. From his body position he clearly was intent on hitting Hotham, no question about that. Did he intentionally try to hurt Bowns ? Not directly, but when you go to the net like he did, without the intent of receiving a pass, then you have clear intent of hurting either Bowns or Hotham.
Some would say that that play is a hockey play and that's not the case here. The slow motion replay from behind the net tells the story and its clear he didn't go to the net hoping for a goal, it was to take the defencemen out and if Bowns got in the way, then he could get 2 for the price of 1. So, on purpose or not ?

wildthing74

Exactly how I saw it in real time and guess what on the first rush when Murdy was in one of their guys falls into him with no contact or reason to lose his footing.

They had a plan to unsettle the goalies minimum and the injury could have been avoided and I'm equally pissed we did nothing about it.

Few late hits behind the play too and if they play sane way next weekend no excuses if Bordy is playing he has to police them.If he has no intention of doing that let him sit and keep our goal scorers in the line up.Doucet for me has to play every game now as he can come up with a winner and is a game breaker.

I am still raging about their tactics and lack of reaction from us.I was too wound up last night to post but the way I saw it only Kearney seemed to want to stand up yet he was guilty of not being cute about it and got called retaliating.

RTfarty

Sarich goes to the front of the net for a deflection/screen/pick up any rebounds. Hotham just comes off worse when he tries to take the body. It wasn't a calculated attack, just a battle in front of the net.. it happens all the time, that's hockey.

wildthing74

He's a good guy so would. I remain unconvinced based on the amount of late hitting going on and the constant contact on Murdy.They had guys in the crease most of the first 2 periods.Personally I would have liked to see us go fire with fire.

Devil_Abroad

Sarich goes to the front of the net for a deflection/screen/pick up any rebounds. Hotham just comes off worse when he tries to take the body. It wasn't a calculated attack, just a battle in front of the net.. it happens all the time, that's hockey.
Hotham was on the edge of the crease - Sarich comes into the crease with a hip check following through so that Hotham files into Bowns. Though people can argue whether it was deliberate or not it is still a blatant penalty under the rules of the game. Yet another missed by Pering. I have heard someone say that he works for a company that sponsors the Steelers. He really shouldn't be allowed to referee a game involving them because when he is so poor missing countless penalties on them he leaves himself open to the question of impartiality. EIHL really should be looking at that. If you look at Bowns just before impact you'll see why there's an injury - he's planted on the right foot and as Hotham falls on him his right knee is pushed backwards. In football we see plenty of those resulting in torn crucial ligament damage which can take months to recover - if he hasn't torn it taking into account the positive report from Dai Sport then he and we are very fortunate!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ocko

If there is absolutely no doubt it was an accident I'd get leaving it, however if there is any doubt at all we should've made a statement and given some retribution - just for the avoidance of any doubt that we won't be messed with.

And in this case there is doubt. It mightve been an accident but it equally could've been deliberate. At this point of the season the only thing that would stop us picking up the title is an injury to Bowns. It makes absolute sense they would try it.

Devil_Abroad

He's a good guy so would. I remain unconvinced based on the amount of late hitting going on and the constant contact on Murdy.They had guys in the crease most of the first 2 periods.Personally I would have liked to see us go fire with fire.
Any contact on netminder in the crease is a 2 min penalty. Pering should have been calling them all night. I would have hoped our D were telling him. Awful performance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

wildthing74

He was calling retaliation penalties and not the initial infringement. It's easy to slag referees and I am usually loath to as it sounds like sour grapes when you read it but he was shocking during the game so him not making calls doesn't mean it didn't happen.It did I was there and saw with my own eyes hence why we should have done something about it.
In fairness the last period it didn't occur but plenty did in the first 40 minute and if we allow the same on Saturday then we will end up getting the same result.

august04

Mathieu Roy aimed a kick at and made contact with Bowns pads in the first period. A message should have been sent right then that there will be consequences if you come anywhere near our goalie. It wasn't dealt with and continued. As I said previously, if Bordy is not going to deal with stuff like that, then there's no point him being in the line up. Now he may have been under orders and I guess that's a different story.

Jonesy83

If the team were under orders not to get involved physically then I'm hoping the out come from last Sunday if enough to rip up that play book and go at the full pelt from the puck drop this Saturday.
Smash Sarich on his first shift for good measure. This is the last time we play Sheffield this season, let's not let them physically dominate us. Bordeleau, Louis, Batch (who has been very quite this season) and even Lord need to get out there and in their faces to show we will not be messed with. Any cheap shots from the likes of Fitzgerald then send bordy out to no choice him by getting in his face, if he gets a 10 minute instigator penalty then so what. If we are chasing the game he goes 10+mins without a shift anyway. Before people start going on about bans etc let's be honest, your not gonna get a ban for fighting, as long as your not being down right dirty and sucker punching or hitting someone with a stick a ban is highly unlikely. Just my opinion of course but I really didn't like what I saw in the highlights from this past game.