"Very Special Guest" at Glee Club ~ Who!?!?

Thread starter #1
There's a few dates in September and October at Cardiff Glee Club with "Very Speical Guest trying new material". Back in February this year, Lee Evans did a load of these shows and it was awesome. Been trying to work out who it is this time for the past hour or so... does anyone know?

So far I've come up with...

Michael McIntyre - doing a massive tour starting in August 2012. Would make sense if you look at Lee Evans who done his "trying new material" show's months before actual tour started. I believe Michael McIntyre also done some glee warm up shows before his 2009 tour. Only thing that makes me think it might not be him... £9.50 a ticket?!? OK, it's only trying new material, but Lee Evans was around £17.

Chris Addison - already a load of 'warm up' gigs booked in November before starting a 6 month nationwide tour. Would make more sense in terms of pricing.

Apart from that, all the others I've looked at seem unlikely...

Lee Evans again!? - dates clash with tour

John Bishop - no new tour announced

Peter Kay - still on his current tour

Mickey Flannagan - dates clash with tour about to start

Russel Howard - doing a tour in December, but only about 6 dates - would he do more new material gigs than proper tour dates?

Also looked at Andy Parsons, Jason Manford, Jon Richardson, Sarah Millican, Alan Carr, Jimmy Carr, Dara O'Brien and a few others which the dates either clashed / are currently in the middle of a tour / haven't announced a tour.

Thread starter #4
Beth said:
I'm intrigued... probably a stupid question but would it be the same person for all the dates?
Could be a couple of different people although when a load were announced in Feb / March they were all Lee Evans.

Not sure it'd be Rhod Gilbert as he'd doing a 'proper' gig in Birmingham glee this week anyway and doesn't have a big tour announced as yet (although I'm sure he will soon). Whoever it is, is doing these shows in the Nottinham / Birmingham glee clubs as well so you'd think it'd be someone big (Lee Evans, Michael McIntyre in the popularity stakes) to do up to 20 dates.

Beth

ledgend777 said:
Beth said:
I'm intrigued... probably a stupid question but would it be the same person for all the dates?
Could be a couple of different people although when a load were announced in Feb / March they were all Lee Evans.

Not sure it'd be Rhod Gilbert as he'd doing a 'proper' gig in Birmingham glee this week anyway and doesn't have a big tour announced as yet (although I'm sure he will soon). Whoever it is, is doing these shows in the Nottinham / Birmingham glee clubs as well so you'd think it'd be someone big (Lee Evans, Michael McIntyre in the popularity stakes) to do up to 20 dates.
Yeah, think I'm gonna give it a go anyway - only 6 pound odd for students :)

On a slightly different topic, we are holding a Comedy Night on 24th September 2011 unfortunately the Devils are playing home that night :cry:

We have an excellent line up of 3 comedians and 1 compere for just £10, if anyone is interested??

The full poster is on our website www.pilothotel.co.uk

Thread starter #7
***SPOILER ALERT***

It's Jack Dee. A mate of a mate works at Glee Club so it was definitely him last week anyway. He also tweeted about a great gig in cardiff or something along those lines after the gig on Thursday. Slightly disappointed personally, but for less than a tenner... bargain.