VIAPLAY OFFER

Thread starter #1
In case anyone's interested, Viaplay has a pretty decent offer on at the moment. £59 for 12 months - showing Stanley Cup, GB internationals etc. Offer ends Sunday 30 May

Diablo3

I got the £59 offer in an email but it expires on 30th April not May, perhaps that is just me but might be worth rechecking

The offer of £59 for 12 months is back until June 20th ... BUT .... Are they definitely going to be showing EIHL games next season?

moggy#9

No one knows yet, it’s not advertised, I have it but if there’s no Eliteleague it’s being binned.
The moment that happens that my subscription cancelled.

I wonder if this ties up with the talk of the elite league running it's own league wide streaming service.

Diafol

I wonder if this ties up with the talk of the elite league running it's own league wide streaming service.
If the clubs are making profits charging a ridiculous £15 per webcast then sadly I can't see it happening.
I'd love to be proved wrong though - I'd definitely sign up for it.

I wonder if TDL Media having a seat at the table will shake things up a bit in the streaming depatment? I certainly expect the Glasgow stream to get a bit of an upgrade!

AJ73

There is a growing market for Ice Hockey in the UK I feel, more and more fans are getting drawn to it. I think getting a ‘MOTD’ style weekly coverage show in the TV schedule would be huge for the game.

Disgruntled football fans are a big target audience. I think the attendances last year shows how much the game has grown locally in Cardiff - hellouts are becoming the norm now rather than an exception.

Hi all, I sent an email to Viaplay asking if they would be looking to show all Elite League games (the main game with Paul Adey and then linking in to the local teams webcast - similar to what they do with NHL and what FloSports do with ECHL) a few week back. They responded by say they will be screening around 23 regular games as well as Challenge Cup final and playoffs for the 2023/2024 season. Hope this helps

Attachments

kristian

There is a growing market for Ice Hockey in the UK I feel, more and more fans are getting drawn to it. I think getting a ‘MOTD’ style weekly coverage show in the TV schedule would be huge for the game.

Disgruntled football fans are a big target audience. I think the attendances last year shows how much the game has grown locally in Cardiff - hellouts are becoming the norm now rather than an exception.
Didn't Premier sports do this a few seasons ago

Diafol

PS used to do a highlights show midweek, by which time everyone had put the previous week behind them and were focusing on the weekend ahead.
The HL show was scrapped completely when PS showed live games midweek instead.

Ideally a HL show would be broadcast on a Monday while the weekend was still fresh in people's minds.

It's easier (and quicker) these days to subscribe to each club's YouTube channel and make your own playlist on a Monday when most of the clubs have put their highlights up.

NathanG

Get yourself a dodgy box (chipped Amazon Fire stick). You'll get Viaplay and basically almost every channel you can think off. All for around £60 per year, depending on who your "provider is."

kettdevil1

Hi all, I sent an email to Viaplay asking if they would be looking to show all Elite League games (the main game with Paul Adey and then linking in to the local teams webcast - similar to what they do with NHL and what FloSports do with ECHL) a few week back. They responded by say they will be screening around 23 regular games as well as Challenge Cup final and playoffs for the 2023/2024 season. Hope this helps
That's really interesting as on Twitter they have put the following:
That doesn't necessarily confirm that they won't show the EIHL but it does mean that a new deal would need to be agreed.

Ok, so the latest update is that the email I was sent (see above) was false information. The chat service was helpful and informed me that Viaplay do not have the EIHL rights for next season at this time (whilst refunding me for the 1 year membership). They did say however that this may chance sometime over the next few months. So in short, the current Viaplay £59 a year offer is great for anyone wanting to watch NHL games (all game are streamed Live and on demand for up to 48 hours after the Live broudcast) but currently does not have any EIHL games as it stands. Hope this helps