Voth Ban - Any News?

oneill said:
Yes i think we will have to put up with a very physical Vipers team that night. Just had a Steelers fan on K.O.T.G saying about Cardiff influencing the decision with the league on Voths ban.lol. Steelers fans have some cheek..
if the steeler organisation had not influenced the discision in the first place it would not have got that far

Does the reduced ban mean that the £2000 is returned as the appeal has been successful?
Also, as has already been said, 7 games is better but still very over the top and not in line with other penalties handed out.
I wonder if the Devils will/could take the appeal further still simply to show up the league and hopefully get the rules set in stone and in line with other professional leagues around the world else we're surely going to see this kind of thing thoughout the year.
Hockey players will be hockey players so it's surely inevitable we're going to see more bans handed out?

Wannabe2

Right so you crack a guy over the head with your stick, and you get a 4 game ban, you knock a guy down to the ice facedown, and why he lies there helplessly you punch him again to the back of the head, smashing his face to the ice, resulting in 20+ stitches, and you get a 5 game ban. If you are a Blaze player you smash a Devils player ( Stoney ) over the head with your stick and you get jack shit. However if your name is Brad Voth, and you play for Cardiff, and you have the audacity to slash a players legs from behind, then the shit hits the fan, and HOLY HELL breaks loose. Elite League you are a total disgrace, not knowing which direction to take next, dont even think they could spell the word consistency, never mind use it. The whole system has now shown everyone what a total farce they are, they certainly are doing a great job in trying to kill this great sport in this country, instead of trying to lead by example. All this lets throw a coin into the air, and if it comes down tails, this player gets 5 games, and if it comes down heads he gets 3,is so incredibly amateurish. British hockey fans love this great sport, and spend there hard earned money supporting it, yet these comedians will destroy it and still have the nerve to think they are right.

VERY VERY UNHAPPY HOCKEY DAYS.

Wannabe2 said:
Right so you crack a guy over the head with your stick, and you get a 4 game ban, you knock a guy down to the ice facedown, and why he lies there helplessly you punch him again to the back of the head, smashing his face to the ice, resulting in 20+ stitches, and you get a 5 game ban. If you are a Blaze player you smash a Devils player ( Stoney ) over the head with your stick and you get jack ****. However if your name is Brad Voth, and you play for Cardiff, and you have the audacity to slash a players legs from behind, then the **** hits the fan, and HOLY HELL breaks loose. Elite League you are a total disgrace, not knowing which direction to take next, dont even think they could spell the word consistency, never mind use it. The whole system has now shown everyone what a total farce they are, they certainly are doing a great job in trying to kill this great sport in this country, instead of trying to lead by example. All this lets throw a coin into the air, and if it comes down tails, this player gets 5 games, and if it comes down heads he gets 3,is so incredibly amateurish. British hockey fans love this great sport, and spend there hard earned money supporting it, yet these comedians will destroy it and still have the nerve to think they are right.

Yup! That just about sums up the SSIHL :x

Wannabe2 said:
Right so you crack a guy over the head with your stick, and you get a 4 game ban, you knock a guy down to the ice facedown, and why he lies there helplessly you punch him again to the back of the head, smashing his face to the ice, resulting in 20+ stitches, and you get a 5 game ban. If you are a Blaze player you smash a Devils player ( Stoney ) over the head with your stick and you get jack ****. However if your name is Brad Voth, and you play for Cardiff, and you have the audacity to slash a players legs from behind, then the **** hits the fan, and HOLY HELL breaks loose. Elite League you are a total disgrace, not knowing which direction to take next, dont even think they could spell the word consistency, never mind use it. The whole system has now shown everyone what a total farce they are, they certainly are doing a great job in trying to kill this great sport in this country, instead of trying to lead by example. All this lets throw a coin into the air, and if it comes down tails, this player gets 5 games, and if it comes down heads he gets 3,is so incredibly amateurish. British hockey fans love this great sport, and spend there hard earned money supporting it, yet these comedians will destroy it and still have the nerve to think they are right.

Spot on again wannabe, it is a total joke the way the whole situations in the bans have been handled, they dug themselves into this mess they can dig where way out

Wannabe2 said:
Right so you crack a guy over the head with your stick, and you get a 4 game ban
Now I'm sure it's just a co-incidence that the person doing the head cracking will conveniently be back from his ban just in time for GB internationals which are coming up. I'm sure the two aren't connected though :?

matt-j said:
Wannabe2 said:
Right so you crack a guy over the head with your stick, and you get a 4 game ban
Now I'm sure it's just a co-incidence that the person doing the head cracking will conveniently be back from his ban just in time for GB internationals which are coming up. I'm sure the two aren't connected though :?

hhhhmmmmm........what to make of this?

Wannabe2 said:

Couldn't agree with you more. Look at the farce this League really is. Officials are dressed in all black and clash with some teams away colours, who the hell came up with that brainwave :roll: Then there will be four officials on the ice, how long did that last because the clubs couldn't afford to pay for this. The clubs know what the cost of officials are, and are the ones that run the League for christ sake, they couldn't work that out beforehand. :shock:

Fubar said:
absolutely disgusting...what a feckin EIHL joke :evil:

anybody else looking forward to the next squeelers game????
oh yes buddy i will be going up to squeeler land on 18th of october :D Anybody else going?

will be funny to see what abuse i take as a devil fan from there stupid fans like i did 3 years ago at the playoffs haha

We'll the elite league muppets strike again!

For a 6 game ban for a slash to the legs I would expect the opposing player to hit the deck instantly and have to be carried off the ice in agony but as the squeeler hardly flinched and then carried on to fight Brad probably for far longer than he should have and then skated off on his own proves it couldn't have been that bad in the first place. For a two handed slash to the head to get less punishment than this and other slashing bans got two or three games just makes me laugh.

The league had the perfect chance today to cover up their screwups a little bit and say Brad's ban was slashed (pun intended!) in half to 6 games like all of the other bans and although unhappy people probably would have reluctantly accepted it. Instead they had to add on the one extra game which has set everything off again and makes it all completely random depending on the player and team.

Whilst I'm greatful that a tiny bit of sense has appeared and Brad will be playing Sunday the league have made themselves look even worse again by having to add on one extra game more than everyone else.

It is nice to hear that the sucker punch the squeelers and league kicked up such a fuss about never happened but making it 7 games instead of 6 as expected hasn't helped the cause at all.

I am extremely disgusted, should be happy that its been reduced but im not at all because this is just unbelievable. Both thorntions ban and voths are for slashing, yet one gets 6 games the other 4?????? how the hell does that work?. Then you take into consideration the severity of the slash itself and it gets even worse, thorntons was a blatent INTENTIONAL slash to the head, voths was to the back of the legs and the squeeler showed no sign of pain. Then to top it of they add 1 game for INSTIGATING??? since when did instigating a fight lead to a ban? Does that mean everytime i fight breaks out now the player starting it gets a game ban? not happy at all. The elite league really are destroying british ice hockey.
I dont think the steelers game is going to be that physical especially from voth, i think he'll be trying to keep his head down and get the puck in the back of the net. He doesn't want to get those extra 7 games which im sure the elite squeelers will be more than happy to dish him for anything they possibly can.

Wannabe2

This is the league we have to put up with

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the disgrace we have to put up with.

EIHL announce Final Suspension decisions

News posted: 08-10-2008

The Elite Ice Hockey League wish to confirm the final decisions in respect of Disciplinary measures on Brad Voth of the Cardiff Devils and Steve Thornton of the Belfast Giants.

The league appointed a fully independent three man Appeals Committee to review both players’ cases in accordance with the leagues discipline and appeal procedures.

The Appeals Committee has reported the following final decisions…

Beginning with immediate effect, Steve Thornton of the Belfast Giants will serve a four-game suspension, with a further seven games deferred.

Following a special meeting of all the EIHL member clubs, an appeal by the Cardiff Devils on behalf of Brad Voth was agreed, and the Appeals Committee have ruled that he will now serve a total of a seven-game suspension with a further seven games deferred.

With Brad Voth having already missed six games, the seventh game to be served will be the away trip to Belfast on October 9th. Voth will be eligible to return to play in the Devils next game on Sunday 12th October when Belfast visit Cardiff.

A league spokesman commented, “With the Appeals Committee having listened to and deliberated over all the evidence, the EIHL have accepted their findings and the final suspension tariffs that they have imposed.”

The Elite Ice Hockey League wish to confirm the final decisions in respect of Disciplinary measures on Brad Voth of the Cardiff Devils and Steve Thornton of the Belfast Giants.

mike62

So, a gloved punch/push and throwing your toys out of the pram are deemed worthy of a longer ban than clubbing someone over the head?

Only the Delete League (and a team with money) could come up with this. :x

nmase20 said:
I am extremely disgusted, should be happy that its been reduced but im not at all because this is just unbelievable. Both thorntions ban and voths are for slashing, yet one gets 6 games the other 4?????? how the hell does that work?. Then you take into consideration the severity of the slash itself and it gets even worse, thorntons was a blatent INTENTIONAL slash to the head, voths was to the back of the legs and the squeeler showed no sign of pain. Then to top it of they add 1 game for INSTIGATING??? since when did instigating a fight lead to a ban? Does that mean everytime i fight breaks out now the player starting it gets a game ban? not happy at all. The elite league really are destroying british ice hockey.
I dont think the steelers game is going to be that physical especially from voth, i think he'll be trying to keep his head down and get the puck in the back of the net. He doesn't want to get those extra 7 games which im sure the elite squeelers will be more than happy to dish him for anything they possibly can.
With you all the way on this....

People keep forgetting about the suspended part of "the ban". is there a suspended part of the ban for slashing to another players head? I have not seen any detials of how it will be administered if or when Brad has another misdemeanor. is it for the rest of the season?, is it for any penalty? or just to be enforced when we play the squeelers?

Wannabe2

mike62 said:
So, a gloved punch/push and throwing your toys out of the pram are deemed worthy of a longer ban than clubbing someone over the head?

Delete league, dont you just love that.

Wannabe2 said:
mike62 said:

Delete league, dont you just love that.
DELETE SQUEELER LEAGUE!

Wannabe2 said:
This is the league we have to put up with
i agree with you 100% it is a disgrace
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the disgrace we have to put up with.

EIHL announce Final Suspension decisions

News posted: 08-10-2008

The league appointed a fully independent three man Appeals Committee to review both players’ cases in accordance with the leagues discipline and appeal procedures.

The Appeals Committee has reported the following final decisions…

Beginning with immediate effect, Steve Thornton of the Belfast Giants will serve a four-game suspension, with a further seven games deferred.

Following a special meeting of all the EIHL member clubs, an appeal by the Cardiff Devils on behalf of Brad Voth was agreed, and the Appeals Committee have ruled that he will now serve a total of a seven-game suspension with a further seven games deferred.

With Brad Voth having already missed six games, the seventh game to be served will be the away trip to Belfast on October 9th. Voth will be eligible to return to play in the Devils next game on Sunday 12th October when Belfast visit Cardiff.

A league spokesman commented, “With the Appeals Committee having listened to and deliberated over all the evidence, the EIHL have accepted their findings and the final suspension tariffs that they have imposed.”

Russky

An absolute travesty! 6 game ban which he has already served and because we had the gall to appeal an extra game ban , with a deferred ban of a further 7 games!!! How is that fair?

The Elite league has made a total ass of itself having had the chance to right the wrong of the length of the initial ban, they have compounded their original error of banning him one more game than what he has already served just for having the nerve to appeal! :evil: :twisted:

They have also rejected the chance of making themselves totally transparrent by not publicising who is on this new discplinary committee and how it is independant. IF they want us to believe that it IS independant they need to do this, if only for good PR, which they desparately need at the moment.