Vother not captin..

G decided to change things around, and gave the captaincy to Richie.

It is a bold move it has to be said, but the team needed a "kick in the backside" following recent performances, and so this is something that the coach obviously felt needed changing.

Whether you feel it is the right decision or not is another debate...I guess by the end of the season we can open up that can of worms ;-)

Finny

Voth wasn't Captain when he joined us - nor when he returned the first time.

I have no idea whether Voth will return next season or not, but I can't see this having any impact on that decision.

osh

Disagree Finny, of course he wasn't captain when he joined us, can't see that making sense until a coach gets to see his new player perform so to speak. Has there been a totally ' new to the league player' who has captained the Devils from the off ? And if he isn't invited back as captain (I'm sure a captain would be paid more ) that may impact quite a bit I'd say. I think we've had the best out of Brad and it's time to say cheerio at the end of this season

A

Anonymous

Time to say bye bye, not for me. I want him to stay and I'd be surprised if many wanted him to leave!? Do you always disagree with Finny? :D

osh

TheDevilTorn said:
Time to say bye bye, not for me. I want him to stay and I'd be surprised if many wanted him to leave!? Do you always disagree with Finny? :D
No I don't actually, and have complimented him on certain posts in the past and very often rely on his home stats for information ( especially when I am working away) I have however, voiced my opinion on many topics that don't agree with Finny's though. It doesn't make me right or him wrong, what it does is give all of us the opportunity to say what we feel ( within reason )

Incidentaly, do you always agree / disagree with Finny

I heard it was Voth's decision to step down as one more +10 as captain would get him a ban for 3 games, so he done it to remain on the ice !! Not sure how true this is, but it was a good move, it seemed as though a weight was lifted from his shoulders last night, he played well !! Cant see him coming back though next season and I think it will be his choice !!

I'm still more than happy having Voth in the side and hope he does sign again for next season. Seeing the way he immediatly stuck up for Miller in the Hull game showed he still looks out for the team, and I'd still like to think he has a lot more to offer the Devils before the end of the season

I think its a very good move for vother, this season hes been very quiet and its probably down to the fact that hes so heavily watched/penalised and he doesn't want to be in the bin/on a ban when hes captain. This should help voth relax a bit and get back to the guy we all know and love. If this is his last season it would be nice for him to go out on a big high.

Bout time we had a British Captain... we'll win the playoffs now!! Brit captains are notorious for winning the playoffs...
-Meyers
-Phillips
-Tait
-Weaver
...-Richardson?

So what's the difference between a team captain and club captain?

I noticed from the highlight reel that Richardson was wearing the C on Saturday's away game too.

By the way, the captcha information needs updating, first question I got asked when I logged in was who's captain?

James

Administrator
Ghost Dog said:
By the way, the captcha information needs updating, first question I got asked when I logged in was who's captain?
Well spotted. I've changed it to something different or people not on the ball won't be able to log in ;)

A

Anonymous

James said:
Ghost Dog said:
Well spotted. I've changed it to something different or people not on the ball won't be able to log in ;)
I'm sure once I logged in with the answer Brad Voth but hit a wrong letter and it logged me in anyway? :roll:

DevilDom

nmase20 said:
I think its a very good move for vother, this season hes been very quiet and its probably down to the fact that hes so heavily watched/penalised and he doesn't want to be in the bin/on a ban when hes captain. This should help voth relax a bit and get back to the guy we all know and love. If this is his last season it would be nice for him to go out on a big high.
Agree with this. The weight of being Captain, Main(only?) enforcer and 1st line player expected to rack up points has obviously taken its toll on Vother's performances. Add to that the inconsistent reffing and the fact he is marked man and you can see why he has not looked himself for some time now. Hopefully this will free him up a bit to play his natural game.

If Voth does leave in the summer, I think the officials and the ellite league have a lot to answer for. It will be a very sad day for not just the Devils but all the other teams that rely on the "Voth factor" to put bums on seats and can only be detrimental for the game is this country.

ASHIPP

nmase20 said:
What Nmase20 said - spot on. :cool: Exactly what I was thinking yesterday. Probably has very little to do with Brad's leadership skills but a lot to do with whether he is going to be on the ice or not with penalties or possible bans. Hopefully this frees him of additional pressure and allows him to play his natural game. Good idea for G to test out other guys for the team captaincy anyway because that mantle would have had to go to another player when Brad leaves. Well done, Ritchie! A solid temporary Captain before and, as someone said earlier, hopefully a good omen for the CC Cup/playoffs :cool:

A

Anonymous

Team captain/club captain, same thing right? Using my beloved reds as an example, Stevie G is team captain, so who the hell is club captain? All teams have a skipper and a stand in skipper like in hockey we have C and A.

If he does go in the summer I won't be too disappointed. He's 2nd in PIMs (which is a bad thing - a forward in the box cannot score goals) and way down the list in offensive points. Sure, we'd miss him from a commercial standpoint (he puts bums on seats) but then I'm sure a winning team would attract many more fans than just one player. If you gave me the option to either have Voth or a top forward like Mann I'd take the latter every time.