Vother not captin..

Voth would still be one of the first players to be signed next season for me. He has great stick handling for a big guy, and it is widely accepted that almost every other team in the league would sign him if they could. There's a reason for this. Someone like Mann shouldn't be instead of someone like Voth, it should be in addition to.

A

Anonymous

Indeed. My only gripe with Voth, is that for a forward he doesn't score enough goals/points. As someone said before though, if he's in the box all the time he cant score goals!

Wannabe2

The thing you have to remember with Voth is that he has been the top points scorer out of all the other teams enforcers for years, he scores goals, he gets assists, he hits , he fights and he has been wanted for every other team in the league, so i am a bit confused about what else he can do. This guy has been so loyal to Cardiff, when Blaze, Panthers, Giants etc big time wanted him, just hope he returns next season, as we will be a lot poorer without him. This man is up there with lots of other fans favourites from years gone.

A

Anonymous

I cant speak about previous years but the first game we went to he instantly became our favorite. Perhaps saying he should score more goals is a bit over critical. What he does, he does very well. No mistaking that!!

kettdevil1

TheDevilTorn said:
I cant speak about previous years but the first game we went to he instantly became our favorite. Perhaps saying he should score more goals is a bit over critical. What he does, he does very well. No mistaking that!!
And maybe that is at the heart of it all. My feeling is that he is sometimes asked to do too much. We put so much pressure on him to fight, score, lead, check, lead the off ice effort and a few hundred other jobs.

Hopefully this move by G will mean that Brad can focus on his core job and go back to terrorising the opposition.

A

Anonymous

scottydoesntknow said:
TheDevilTorn said:
Indeed. My only gripe with Voth, is that for a forward he doesn't score enough goals/points.
Just under a point per game is amazing for an enforcer!

... I suppose you share the same view on Tylor Michel then?
Just under a point a game is very good, didnt realise his stats were that good tbh. I do like Michel, his work rate is awesome, points wise, errr, what's his average per game?

Well based on last seasons stats for Voth, where he was on a settled line, he got 38 points from 42 games (according to hockeydb)
As for Michel he has got something like 25 points in 40 games!!

Also it's not just about the points, it's what they do for the players around them...

e.g. Voth makes space for the more skillfull guys, and is there to protect them so they can relax and play their own game.

A

Anonymous

scottydoesntknow said:
Well based on last seasons stats for Voth, where he was on a settled line, he got 38 points from 42 games (according to hockeydb)
As for Michel he has got something like 25 points in 40 games!!

Also it's not just about the points, it's what they do for the players around them...

e.g. Voth makes space for the more skillfull guys, and is there to protect them so they can relax and play their own game.
Your completely right dude. I'm still learning and I'm only in my 1st season as a Devil. :oops: Unfortunately I'm one of them people who has to have his say, and voice his opinion even when I don't know what I'm on about. Voth's stats are very good especially for an enforcer. As you say every player does a job, Voth and Michel are no exception !!

ASHIPP

Whatever folks say about the Vother, the fact is, he IS the Cardiff Devils in so many different ways. He may not be the top point scorer, but if you combine his ability to score points together with all his other on-ice skills plus the impact of his influence/presence in the Club over 5 years, Brad is indispensible. G is acknowledging all that and let's hope that this move really allows the Vother to revive his old, free-style, terrifying self. :twisted: He is an icon of British ice hockey and it will be a very sad day when he decides to hang up his skates. :cry:

El Supremo said:
If he does go in the summer I won't be too disappointed. He's 2nd in PIMs (which is a bad thing - a forward in the box cannot score goals) and way down the list in offensive points. Sure, we'd miss him from a commercial standpoint (he puts bums on seats) but then I'm sure a winning team would attract many more fans than just one player. If you gave me the option to either have Voth or a top forward like Mann I'd take the latter every time.
I'm not sure if a winning team alone attacts more fans. Just look at Sheffield. Winning is important, but in this league the character players are crucial to market the sport. Look at the impact McMorrow and now Sgroi have had. (Well until it became clear matsos wasn't going to let him fight)

Like I've said before...the standard isn't good enough to just rely on winning.

I'm not saying sign a team of fighters, but every team needs a few characters in this league.

Wannabe2

Brad Voth or Cameron Mann no contest, the Pussy mann loses hands down. Voth has been our franchise player for 5 seasons not a high plains drifter. Get the Voth signed up for next season i say.

I would put my money on the fact that Voth won't be back next year, he's going home to Canada. Family commitments and considering the elite league like to ban him whenever they can, he's given the Devils a great 5 years, its right he bows out at the end of the season