Webcast is terrible

KaneDevils

Commentary is good, very good, but yes a bit loud. Has been very good overall but did go haywire towards end of first.
Has frozen 2 or 3 times too.

TheStub

I had to browse away and back and it works again. I know the freezing isn't my end as I have bandwidth to cobble dogs with.

TheStub

For a laugh I set MTR running (my trace route - really geeky tool).

But with constant packets running in the background I have had no issues AT ALL for two periods. Guess my connection is closing because there is too little data :D

Have Hope#35

devilsfan! said:
It still keeps on freezing, but it didn't in the break! Will not use this service again
Sounds like it could be something your end? Were you connected directly to your router as that always improves the quality massively!

rocketbob

I had a little loss of picture at the end of the first period and a a couple of stutters near the end of the third, but otherwise the picture was excellent and the sound and commentary was mostly great too. Happy to pay 5 quid a game for this excellent service.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Sheincar

Guess you can't please all of the people all of the time.
Shamelessly stolen from THF " Best game I've seen in ages! As well as a much improved team, Cardiff have really upped their game in respect of their webcast - picture quality and commentary were excellent (better on IE and Firefox than Chrome, I've heard)."

KaneDevils

rocketbob said:
I had a little loss of picture at the end of the first period and a a couple of stutters near the end of the third, but otherwise the picture was excellent and the sound and commentary was mostly great too. Happy to pay 5 quid a game for this excellent service.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Exactly the same for me to a T.
Slightly picky points, a clock in the corner would be great as would some sort of PP indication. An action replay too please if poss :p

The commentary was 9/10, a point lost for keep saying "hockey game" :lol:

But no, well done lads, good work!!

rocketbob said:

agree with this

The camera work is good

A few connection issues but nothing major

The commentary...well in the game before last we had one sensible commentator and one dreadful one. The last one they were both dreadful.

A leaf should be taken out of the book of JJFearnley and the Caps commentators.

"If you don't have something of import to say then don't say it at all".

It was like an international Motson-type football commentary. At least with football you can turn off the TV commentary and switch on the radio.

Please keep the drivel to breaks in play.

Whilst play is in progress, just say who is passing to who. Who has scored. Who has conceded a penalty, time remaining on penalties, time remaining in period and other such relevant facts.

Cut the drivel out!

Have Hope#35

Colours said:
The camera work is good

A few connection issues but nothing major

The commentary...well in the game before last we had one sensible commentator and one dreadful one. The last one they were both dreadful.

A leaf should be taken out of the book of JJFearnley and the Caps commentators.

"If you don't have something of import to say then don't say it at all".

It was like an international Motson-type football commentary. At least with football you can turn off the TV commentary and switch on the radio.

Please keep the drivel to breaks in play.

Whilst play is in progress, just say who is passing to who. Who has scored. Who has conceded a penalty, time remaining on penalties, time remaining in period and other such relevant facts.

Cut the drivel out!
Well that method of commentary sounds boring! Everyone likes a character...

Wannabe2

Commentary don't stop,much too much talk, it's so much nicer to have a break now and again the constant talking ain't good at all. Talk when it's necessary, take a break in between.

James

Administrator
Surely that's the point of commentry? The one thing other fans consistently say about our webcast is how good the commentary is. Mind you I haven't heard any this season so far as we seem to be putting out silent highlights which is a shame.