Webcasts

matbur

British basketball has an advantage over British ice hockey for TV coverage on the basis that it is a more inclusive sport in terms of participation - this will meet some sort of criteria requirement that will enable Sky to commit to covering it, they also have the broadcast rights for the NBA of course.

As for netball, I think they're trying to represent high-level women's sport to prevent their coverage being overly male dominated. A lot of the other stuff they show isn't produced exclusively by them, they just pick up the broadcast rights for it.

An 'EIHL Player' would seem to be the way forward but I suspect they don't have the manpower or the budget to facilitate something like this. The EIHL still doesn't seem very joined up in it's thinking over a few different topics including media output and it's probably a case of internal politics holding things back. I'd imagine that the league are quite happy with Premier Sports deal and coverage although the extent of coverage doesn't meet the requirements of the league's hardcore fanbase. That said, I don't expect the league to commit to any major changes until things settle down again and there's more stability.